Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

John Hartson has brain cancer...

John Hartson has brain cancer...

Old Jul 13th 2009, 7:30 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default John Hartson has brain cancer...

Devastated for the big man.

Was a top quality player for us and if anyone can beat it then its him.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: John Hartson has brain cancer...

Well he has testicular cancer that has unfortunately moved up to his brain, a real shame.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 9:12 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

I ....well......you know that myth......

That's why one should grab it and live it,ain't no rehearsals.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 2:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

on a positive note the treatment will make whats left of his ginger hair fall out!

lets hope this is one battle he can win!
Old Jul 14th 2009, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently it was John Hartson that made Fergie realise that it was time for Brian Kidd to leave Utd, supposedly he suggested Hartson would have made a good signing.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

Foxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really nice

always rated hartson - my fav type of centre forward...wish him all the best for a full recovery....
Old Jul 15th 2009, 12:32 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
Devastated for the big man.

Was a top quality player for us and if anyone can beat it then its him.
The news just gets worse for Big John

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/8151728.stm

He was my son's first football hero and his first West Ham shirt had Hartson's name on the back. My son must have been only 5 or 6 at the time.

I used to take him to the West Ham training ground occassionally in the school hols because you could watch them train, take pics etc, and the players would have their pics taken with the kids as they came off the training pitch (shame that isnt the case anymore, its all secret / hush hush stuff now, but back then Redknapp was the Manager and was pretty easy about that things like that and welcomed it)

One day, my son was standing there proudly in his Hartson shirt watching the training and when it finished shyly went up to Hartson to ask if he could have his picture taken with him.....'Of course mate, no problem', and this huge bloke crouched down to get level with my son and had his pic taken with him.

My son was so upset when Hartson left West Ham for Wimbledon, and like a typical young boy wanted to know if he could write a letter to Hartson telling him that he was sorry that he had left and that he had been his favourite West Ham player, and loved watching him score goals etc etc.

I went along with it, and said if he wrote the letter I would post it to Wimbledon but not to be disappointed if he didnt get a reply

So he wrote a lovely letter in his best pencil handwriting, and enclosed a copy of the phote of him and Hartson and asked if he could perhaps sign it

Weeks went by, and my son had long given up waiting for the postman to come each day in the hope of a reply

But then one day, a letter did arrive back from Wimbledon and inside was a handwritten letter from Hartson to my son

The letter thanked him for his kind letter, saying how much he appreciated the fact that he liked watching him score goals for West Ham and that he was sorry to have upset him by leaving but he thought it was best to move onto another club, but he would always love West Ham......

Inside the envelope was the photo with my son, which he had signed and with a very nice message on it, and also enclosed were loads of other bits and bobs for him too

He's a top top bloke in my books, and I pray he gets through this terrible time and comes out the other side
Old Jul 15th 2009, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

edinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of light

He was my son's first football hero and his first West Ham shirt had Hartson's name on the back. My son must have been only 5 or 6 at the time.

I used to take him to the West Ham training ground occassionally in the school hols because you could watch them train, take pics etc, and the players would have their pics taken with the kids as they came off the training pitch (shame that isnt the case anymore, its all secret / hush hush stuff now, but back then Redknapp was the Manager and was pretty easy about that things like that and welcomed it)

One day, my son was standing there proudly in his Hartson shirt watching the training and when it finished shyly went up to Hartson to ask if he could have his picture taken with him.....'Of course mate, no problem', and this huge bloke crouched down to get level with my son and had his pic taken with him.

My son was so upset when Hartson left West Ham for Wimbledon, and like a typical young boy wanted to know if he could write a letter to Hartson telling him that he was sorry that he had left and that he had been his favourite West Ham player, and loved watching him score goals etc etc.

I went along with it, and said if he wrote the letter I would post it to Wimbledon but not to be disappointed if he didnt get a reply

So he wrote a lovely letter in his best pencil handwriting, and enclosed a copy of the phote of him and Hartson and asked if he could perhaps sign it

Weeks went by, and my son had long given up waiting for the postman to come each day in the hope of a reply

But then one day, a letter did arrive back from Wimbledon and inside was a handwritten letter from Hartson to my son

The letter thanked him for his kind letter, saying how much he appreciated the fact that he liked watching him score goals for West Ham and that he was sorry to have upset him by leaving but he thought it was best to move onto another club, but he would always love West Ham......

Inside the envelope was the photo with my son, which he had signed and with a very nice message on it, and also enclosed were loads of other bits and bobs for him too

He's a top top bloke in my books, and I pray he gets through this terrible time and comes out the other side
He always has came across as a gent on and off the field, hope he can recover from this!
Old Jul 15th 2009, 12:36 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

What a great story, a memory that will stay with your son forever
Old Jul 15th 2009, 7:37 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

lovely story, unfortunately they now say he has brain, lung and testicular caner - I really can't see him making it.

He was a good player, no nonesense get stuck right in there, and at Celtic he scored some belters.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Originally Posted by edinburger
He always has came across as a gent on and off the field, hope he can recover from this!
was he? Didnt he kick someone in the face full pelt in a training session once, sound slike he was a flipping thug. I'm sure it was Berkovic.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 6:34 am
Gold-Helmeted Member

captainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'd agree that Hartson was sometimes a bit fiery on the field and training pitch. That said, he's a human being and from the sounds of it a very decent one in many respects. It just shouldn't happen to a 34 year old... really hope it's treatable, I cannot imagine what he and his family must be going through.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 7:48 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deemi786
was he? Didnt he kick someone in the face full pelt in a training session once, sound slike he was a flipping thug. I'm sure it was Berkovic.
Well, if the criteria for receiving sympathy is to have lived a completely faultless life I don't think anyone would get any. There but for the grace of God and all that.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Well, if the criteria for receiving sympathy is to have lived a completely faultless life I don't think anyone would get any. There but for the grace of God and all that.
yes true, no one deserves such things to happen to them apart from rapists and paedo's
Old Jul 16th 2009, 2:18 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

absolute tragedy.

In reading the following link it did make me question where they think his brain actually is

http://msn.football365.com/story/0,1...436027,00.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.