Jobs in UK

Old Jul 27th 2013, 10:01 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jobs in UK

According to this, albeit brief, article, all vacancies at UK Job Centres have to be advertised across the EU, and non-British applicants get up to £900 (not sure from where) for travelling costs for attending an interview in UK, and UK companies get £1,000 for employing a non-Brit. That sounds totally ****ed-up.

http://t.news.uk.msn.com/uk/800000-u...rtised-in-eu-2
Old Jul 27th 2013, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jobs in UK

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
According to this, albeit brief, article, all vacancies at UK Job Centres have to be advertised across the EU, and non-British applicants get up to £900 (not sure from where) for travelling costs for attending an interview in UK, and UK companies get £1,000 for employing a non-Brit. That sounds totally ****ed-up.

http://t.news.uk.msn.com/uk/800000-u...rtised-in-eu-2
And wait until 1 January next year, when the 'phasing-in' period for recent EU joining countries ends, and Romanians and Bulgarians can legally go to the UK to look for work.......
Old Jul 27th 2013, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

I like the principle of free labour movement around the EU, but it does appear to be rather unbalanced and could cause infastructure issues. I was interested in seeing what's available to those in the UK looking to move onto the mainland. I went to a council sponsored job fair and there was one stall with only really, really basic info on work abroad, more a collection of job search websites than real info.

However I was heading out non-EU anyhow so admittedly didn't look too hard. I was too engaged with other stalls, bemused by the local council saying I'd be perfect for casual care work in old peoples homes with my newly minted degree. Or the language school who thought it'd be a good idea for me to work for them for free, and getting highly annoyed at me when I said I would require a wage, since I'd been doing it part-tome already for free the previous 18 months.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 11:44 am
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

Yet the British have been so schooled in being 'right-on' that any party with nationalist or anti-EU sentiment is derided as being somehow racist, as if a UK government putting its people first is somehow to be derided.

Turkeys voting for Xmas.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fossildog
Yet the British have been so schooled in being 'right-on' that any party with nationalist or anti-EU sentiment is derided as being somehow racist, as if a UK government putting its people first is somehow to be derided.

Turkeys voting for Xmas.
A bit of reading about the rise of fascism in Italy shows a bit of typical behaviour. I get the feeling the Left wing know the Extreme Right wing will always rise out of control and win so they resort to name calling, criminal acts and then bullying/violence to keep them down.

By creating a 'boiling pot' the Left creates an environment where they can act with spittle on their lips, and keep themselves selling papers. The future for our society is never the big picture, just small battles they rejoice over winning.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect the £900 is an invention of the "Daily Wail".
Old Jul 28th 2013, 6:29 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fossildog

Turkeys voting for Xmas.
Britain is busy destroying it's indigenous culture and people in the quest to not be seen as racist or too right wing. The very things that make Britain attractive as a place to move to (it's culture, people and history which produced it's economy and citizen benefits) are the very things that they are not protecting. It's not racist to want Britain to remain an ethnic British majority country (that certainly doesn't mean immigration has to end in order for that to happen, indeed immigration can and should always be there, just is much smaller and managed numbers so people can properly assimilate into the host culture rather than living in ghettos divided on ethnic and religious lines like we have in Luton, Bradford and parts of London).

Yes, it is Turkeys voting for Christmas. And it prevents much needed proper discussion on important issues, fuels actual racism and threatens native cultures (yes, white people have native culture too - the Saxons were in Britain before the Maori's reached New Zealand, before the Turks conquered Turkey and before the Arabs were in Egypt but no one tells these other people they must accept other cultures as equal in their own land.

N.
Old Jul 28th 2013, 6:52 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beakersful
A bit of reading about the rise of fascism in Italy shows a bit of typical behaviour. I get the feeling the Left wing know the Extreme Right wing will always rise out of control and win so they resort to name calling, criminal acts and then bullying/violence to keep them down.

By creating a 'boiling pot' the Left creates an environment where they can act with spittle on their lips, and keep themselves selling papers. The future for our society is never the big picture, just small battles they rejoice over winning.
History shows the far Left to be much more dangerous and out of control than the Far Right. The death tolls from Communism are utterly horrific and outstrip any other single cause of man-made killing, whether deliberately or through neglect.

N.