Jim Davidson

Old Jan 6th 2013, 2:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jim Davidson

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
My point was on the TV Alf Garnett was a racist character, off stage was Warren Mitchell the same?

I'm not saying Jim Davidson is a good or bad person (never met him), but it's interesting that there is a lot of 'friends' or 'friend of a friend' on here, without going through the whole thread I think there is only two people who have actually met him and both were complimentary.

As my grandad used to say, 'believe nowt of what you hear and half of what you see'.
It's a bit of a stretch to believe Jim Davidson's utter prat persona was all an elaborate act.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 3:40 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Met him after a show he did for the forces on coastell 3 in the Falklands in 83. Great show and a great bloke. Superb forces humor
And that seals it.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 3:43 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
It's a bit of a stretch to believe Jim Davidson's utter prat persona was all an elaborate act.
Exactly. Warren Mitchell was an actor playing a scripted character, completely different to a stand-up comic projecting his own personality through his routines and choice of subjects for "jokes".
Old Jan 6th 2013, 4:06 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I agree...but then again is it fair to assume that because of that he is a sex offender?

We had dinner with friends at the weekend and one mentioned Jim Davidson being done for being a pedophile - he's just seen the headlines linking him to Jimmy Saville and assumed that was the case.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 4:14 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
Exactly. Warren Mitchell was an actor playing a scripted character, completely different to a stand-up comic projecting his own personality through his routines and choice of subjects for "jokes".
Quite.

Davidson has been in trouble with HMRC for non-payment of taxes (GBP 1.4M) and was actually made bankrupt.

The reason there are so many friend stories on here is that he lived in Dubai for several years and just about every Brit here is no more than 2 degrees of separation from every other one.

Anyone that assumes anyone arrested or questioned in connection with Yewtree is a paedophile is rather ignorant and should read the news properly.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 4:20 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Anyone that assumes anyone arrested or questioned in connection with Yewtree is a paedophile is rather ignorant and should read the news properly.
That is my point - I expect a large percentage of the public don't read the news properly, or just see the bits they want to see. Guilty by association.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 5:27 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

That is my point - I expect a large percentage of the public don't read the news properly, or just see the bits they want to see. Guilty by association.
And the other half are mis-led by the Daily Fail.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice

Originally Posted by Eeyore
He's a right-wing misogynistic homophobic arsehole. You can guess I don't have much time for the ignorant little toerag. A friend of mine put it rather better - "he's not the sort of person I would piss on if he was on fire"
So just like the majority of white Londoners of his generation then?
Old Jan 6th 2013, 3:03 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

And that seals it.
Seals what?
Old Jan 6th 2013, 5:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I agree...but then again is it fair to assume that because of that he is a sex offender?
No it isn't, and I haven't.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 12:19 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

A very good friend was killed (an accident) in London a few years ago. The police were pretty good but the judge and CPS were a ****ing joke. I was in court for the verdict and lost all faith in courts/(in)justice system.
Britain doesn't have a 'Justice' system, we have a 'legal' system.

Justice doesn't come into it.

Last edited by DaveLovesDee; Feb 13th 2013 at 12:23 pm.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 4:21 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

I hate the fact that I was delighted to hear he had been arrested, but there you are. Nasty misogynist, racist, homophobic twunt - at least that's what he spewed out of his mouth in public so fair dues to judge him accordingly in my view. Last dinosaur to persist with (cringe-makingly unfunny) "Irish" jokes as well. I hope he gets what's coming to him.
Views against the party line are worthy of trial these days don't forget.

Freedom of speech doesn't really exist does it? Some of us are extremely immature about separating someone's opinion and calls for action/violence etc. Being offended is part of being a grown adult in a free country.

Another example of a media led modern witch hunt. The mob rules, but only when it comes to suspected paedophilia and having opinions that go against the Narrative we are supposed to all follow.

N.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 4:25 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
I know many people who have met him, including my husband, several times. I also know people who have worked with him. Even his friends don't claim he's wonderful. It seems clear that he is one of those men who doesn't like women, despite marrying a number of them.

You don't think that assuming I am not basing my comment on knowledge and first-hand information is rather presumptive?
I wonder if he hates women as much as women hate each other?

N.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
Britain doesn't have a 'Justice' system, we have a 'legal' system.

Justice doesn't come into it.
The Judiciary certainly doesn't meet it's own bar...couple that with lots of government interference and we have what we have.

Still one of the better legal systems in the Western world...lots of room for improvement.

N.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 6:59 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I wonder if he hates women as much as women hate each other?

N.
Women don't hate each other. It's only the female writers on women's magazines and in the Mail who hate other women.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.