Jim Davidson

Old Jan 4th 2013, 1:52 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jim Davidson

Jim will be innocent he is a Freemason
Old Jan 4th 2013, 2:24 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Equestra
Guilty to say I've not read all posts on this thread (and I've not even read the news articles on the subject)....but nonetheless my thought on this particular topic is .....I always thought he was a racist biggoted tosser, end of.
So that makes him guilty then does it?

As I posted above

The heavy-handed nature of some of the arrests is also troubling. Why was it necessary to nick Davidson as he arrived at Heathrow Airport, as if he was some kind of international terrorism suspect
What was the urgency? And if there is an overwhelming case against him, why has he been released without charge until March?
Police also raided one of Davidson’s homes in Hampshire and emerged carrying boxes of ‘evidence’.
Were they seriously expecting to find evidence of a 25-year-old sexual assault tucked away in a sock drawer?
Whether you like or loath him is not the point is it?
Old Jan 4th 2013, 3:37 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the point that many of us are making is that JD's public persona, indeed his "career", is based on being a bigoted bully. Many of us find this utterly detestable and therefore can't find much sympathy in our hearts for his plight. I hope the justice system works properly and arrives at the correct verdict. Clearly there is sufficient evidence to warrant a charge. Those of us who intensely dislike this man are probably in agreement that the accusations appear consistent with his disgusting "comedy". But I agree that if he is innocent he should be found so and released. Meanwhile I'll save my emotional support for those I believe more deserving.

And as for this:

Originally Posted by dubaiguy2011
Are you single and live alone with cats by any chance?
That is the best laugh I've had in a long time!
Old Jan 4th 2013, 9:04 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
I think the point that many of us are making is that JD's public persona, indeed his "career", is based on being a bigoted bully. Many of us find this utterly detestable and therefore can't find much sympathy in our hearts for his plight. I hope the justice system works properly and arrives at the correct verdict. Clearly there is sufficient evidence to warrant a charge. Those of us who intensely dislike this man are probably in agreement that the accusations appear consistent with his disgusting "comedy". But I agree that if he is innocent he should be found so and released. Meanwhile I'll save my emotional support for those I believe more deserving.

And as for this:

That is the best laugh I've had in a long time!
Couple of points (and no, I'm not defending him as such, I'm not to keen on his stage persona either, however having never met the guy, I won't throw stones.

You state there is enough evidence to warrant a charge. He's not been charged, not even been put out on bail. Nothing. Just released fully (and flown back to Dubai apparently) with his passport in hand.

Why would something that allegedly happened some 25 years ago to girls in their 20s at the time, come up now?

Money.

Can anything be proved? I guess if he has kept videos of him raping them then yes, if not, of course it can't. "It was against my will", fair comment but why has it taken 25 years to come to light.

Police should be catching real criminals that they have a chance of putting away, not chancers who are looking at getting a quick buck out of something they willingly did 25 years back. Prostitutes the lot of them.
Old Jan 5th 2013, 4:13 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Clearly there is sufficient evidence to warrant a charge.
You have way too much faith in the police/CPS.
Old Jan 5th 2013, 2:01 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Couple of points (and no, I'm not defending him as such, I'm not to keen on his stage persona either, however having never met the guy, I won't throw stones.

You state there is enough evidence to warrant a charge. He's not been charged, not even been put out on bail. Nothing. Just released fully (and flown back to Dubai apparently) with his passport in hand.

Why would something that allegedly happened some 25 years ago to girls in their 20s at the time, come up now?

Money.

Can anything be proved? I guess if he has kept videos of him raping them then yes, if not, of course it can't. "It was against my will", fair comment but why has it taken 25 years to come to light.

Police should be catching real criminals that they have a chance of putting away, not chancers who are looking at getting a quick buck out of something they willingly did 25 years back. Prostitutes the lot of them.
No, I guess your right... No point in looking into all this now after all these years. They were asking for it (what ever it was - but I guess you don't care what it was, 'cos they were all asking for it.)

Same for all those other ones. Money grabbers the lot of them.

FFS.
Old Jan 5th 2013, 2:47 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
You have way too much faith in the police/CPS.
Fair point. I am of sufficient vintage to have had a couple of unfortunate encounters with the British "justice" system in the bad old days simply, as the Pogues put it:
"For being Irish in the wrong place and at the wrong time"

I think things have improved a lot since then though?
Old Jan 5th 2013, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

My experience of the police and of the CPS is that they are fairly shambolic coming to trial.
Old Jan 5th 2013, 4:47 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Fair point. I am of sufficient vintage to have had a couple of unfortunate encounters with the British "justice" system in the bad old days simply, as the Pogues put it:
"For being Irish in the wrong place and at the wrong time"

I think things have improved a lot since then though?
A very good friend was killed (an accident) in London a few years ago. The police were pretty good but the judge and CPS were a ****ing joke. I was in court for the verdict and lost all faith in courts/(in)justice system.
Old Jan 5th 2013, 5:11 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I have met Jim various times, I had dinner with him many years back, whilst we know what he is like as a comic etc and his views on women (often made up I feel) and the fact he can behave like a prick in public, I found him OK
He's a right-wing misogynistic homophobic arsehole. You can guess I don't have much time for the ignorant little toerag. A friend of mine put it rather better - "he's not the sort of person I would piss on if he was on fire"
Old Jan 5th 2013, 5:23 pm
Big Member

Originally Posted by Eeyore
He's a right-wing misogynistic homophobic arsehole. You can guess I don't have much time for the ignorant little toerag. A friend of mine put it rather better - "he's not the sort of person I would piss on if he was on fire"
Have you met him/know him? How do you feel about Warren Mitchell?

I can't help but feeling Jim Davidson has been judged already. Has he broken any laws in the past (honest question, I've not bothered googling him)?
Old Jan 5th 2013, 6:53 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Guilty? Of this maybe of being a total twat definitely.
My in laws used to know one of his earlier wives and can confirm he is a woman hating violent bastard. Given his perpensity to dole out public harassment and humiliation I can honestly say I'm quite glad karma has finally caught up with him.
One can only hope his career implodes spectacularly followed by a criminal sentence.
Old Jan 5th 2013, 9:19 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Have you met him/know him? How do you feel about Warren Mitchell?

I can't help but feeling Jim Davidson has been judged already. Has he broken any laws in the past (honest question, I've not bothered googling him)?
Isn't he the bloke who played Alf Garnett?

Do you mean Warren or Alf - or were they similar in their beliefs and ideologies?
Old Jan 6th 2013, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Met him after a show he did for the forces on coastell 3 in the Falklands in 83. Great show and a great bloke. Superb forces humor

Originally Posted by Eeyore
Old Jan 6th 2013, 2:51 am
Big Member

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
Isn't he the bloke who played Alf Garnett?

Do you mean Warren or Alf - or were they similar in their beliefs and ideologies?
My point was on the TV Alf Garnett was a racist character, off stage was Warren Mitchell the same?

I'm not saying Jim Davidson is a good or bad person (never met him), but it's interesting that there is a lot of 'friends' or 'friend of a friend' on here, without going through the whole thread I think there is only two people who have actually met him and both were complimentary.

As my grandad used to say, 'believe nowt of what you hear and half of what you see'.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.