Jim Davidson

Old Jan 3rd 2013, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Jim Davidson

Originally Posted by Fossildog
So you say he is vile but you have never met him? Are you basing your opinion on what you read in the press or see on the tv?

Not defending him (as I do not know him) but to describe someone as 'vile' without having met them is a little disingenuous.
Originally Posted by littlejimmy
The man is quite open and public with his outlook on life, therefore it's quite simple to come to the conclusion that he is, indeed, a vile individual.
Thought you guys were talking about Guido then.

As to Davidson, I didn't think he was that big a hit out of military audiences?
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 5:35 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate the fact that I was delighted to hear he had been arrested, but there you are. Nasty misogynist, racist, homophobic twunt - at least that's what he spewed out of his mouth in public so fair dues to judge him accordingly in my view. Last dinosaur to persist with (cringe-makingly unfunny) "Irish" jokes as well. I hope he gets what's coming to him.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 5:41 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
It's a slow day at work, but things like listing his house value at two different prices annoys me
That's standard journalistic practice, though. Nothing to do with getting facts wrong. They knew it was worth £820,000, but they deliberately rounded it up to £1m for the first reference to its value because that reads better and for most people, it's as near as makes no odds a million-pound house. When they chose to mention it again, much further down the article, they used the more precise figure.

That sort of thing happens all time - figures get rounded up for headlines (or simply first reference in an article) to make them look "tidier" or more impressive. 38 years will become 40, 97000 people will become 100,000, and so on. The correct figure is usually given nearer the bottom of the piece.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I opened this thread as I was hoping you were announcing a death. While I was disappointed to read that he'd only been arrested, I remembered that I put him down on the 'who is next' thread.
Snap! Looking at all the arrests so far they certainly all have something in common - not exactly eye candy.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 6:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I opened this thread as I was hoping you were announcing a death. While I was disappointed to read that he'd only been arrested, I remembered that I put him down on the 'who is next' thread.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
I hate the fact that I was delighted to hear he had been arrested, but there you are. Nasty misogynist, racist, homophobic twunt - at least that's what he spewed out of his mouth in public so fair dues to judge him accordingly in my view. Last dinosaur to persist with (cringe-makingly unfunny) "Irish" jokes as well. I hope he gets what's coming to him.
Are you single and live alone with cats by any chance?
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 7:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dubaiguy2011
Are you single and live alone with cats by any chance?
Not ( I hope ) deliberatly aimed at me, but how did you know?
Old Jan 4th 2013, 3:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
What is coming to him, precisely? A trial-by-media? Vitriolic abuse from the general public based on assumed kiddy-fiddling?

I don't care if he is a racist, homophobic misogynist (or whatever) - he doesn't deserve to be vilified for an appalling crime he may not have committed.

See my earlier post. Anyway - let's wait and see.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice

Years ago one of his catchphrases was "nick nick". Very apt.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 7:33 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Listening to British radio yesterday and it said that this arrest was nothing to do with the Savile case and that a few women had come forward making claims against him. Bandwagon? I have met Jim various times, I had dinner with him many years back, whilst we know what he is like as a comic etc and his views on women (often made up I feel) and the fact he can behave like a prick in public, I found him OK. I don't anything will come from this arrest and he has denied anything has taken place. Media furore I say.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Not a good week for Jim. 6 days ago he had to put his dog down. He wasn't even there to see it. The heartless bastard.
Okay so how much was the doghouse worth
Old Jan 4th 2013, 9:46 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Good article in The Fail about him, and the others.

Here

Good quotes (I believe), as follows

The heavy-handed nature of some of the arrests is also troubling. Why was it necessary to nick Davidson as he arrived at Heathrow Airport, as if he was some kind of international terrorism suspect
What was the urgency? And if there is an overwhelming case against him, why has he been released without charge until March?
Police also raided one of Davidson’s homes in Hampshire and emerged carrying boxes of ‘evidence’.
Were they seriously expecting to find evidence of a 25-year-old sexual assault tucked away in a sock drawer?
Over the past quarter of a century, five-times married Davidson has lived in more homes than most.
Stuart Hall, who is 82, was arrested at his Cheshire home in a full-scale dawn raid. What were they expecting him to do — leg it over the back wall or try to blast his way out with a sawn-off, screaming: ‘You’ll never take me alive, copper!’
Just before Christmas, Greater Manchester Police smashed down the front door of Fred Talbot, former weatherman on This Morning with Richard and Judy, in connection with an allegation which dates back to the early Seventies.
Talbot was on holiday in the Caribbean. Given that the police wanted to question him over a complaint about something which is alleged to have taken place when he was working as a teacher 40-odd years ago, couldn’t they just have waited until he got back and invited him in for an interview?
I wonder if these mob-handed, high-profile arrests are intended to create an impression of guilt, like the notorious American ‘perp walk’ where suspects are paraded in front of the cameras.
Even if no charges are eventually brought, even if they are tried and found innocent, some of these celebrities will find it difficult to shake off the stigma of their arrest. No doubt speculation about their ‘crimes’ is already running rampant on the internet.
The sheer scale of these assorted investigations appears designed to suggest there’s no smoke without fire. There are now more coppers working on phone-hacking and related issues than investigating murder and armed robbery.
There are more officers on the Savile inquiry than working on child protection. Given that no fewer than 30 cops have also been assigned to the alleged conspiracy to ‘fit up’ the former Chief Whip Andrew Mitchell, we are entitled to wonder who’s minding the shop. Still, I’m sure it’s much more exciting nicking TV personalities and disc jockeys than it is investigating more mundane crimes.
Heavy handed? Definitely. There to prove a point? I'd say so. Pointless? Very much so, I wonder if I was famous some late night grope in my teens with someone I can't even recall would come out of the woodwork and allege all sorts?
Old Jan 4th 2013, 12:21 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Good article in The Fail about him, and the others.

Here

Good quotes (I believe), as follows

Heavy handed? Definitely. There to prove a point? I'd say so. Pointless? Very much so, I wonder if I was famous some late night grope in my teens with someone I can't even recall would come out of the woodwork and allege all sorts?
Talking of twunts, Littlejohn is one of the biggest going.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

Equestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud ofEquestra has much to be proud of

Guilty to say I've not read all posts on this thread (and I've not even read the news articles on the subject)....but nonetheless my thought on this particular topic is .....I always thought he was a racist biggoted tosser, end of.
Old Jan 4th 2013, 1:48 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
What is coming to him, precisely? A trial-by-media? Vitriolic abuse from the general public based on assumed kiddy-fiddling?

I don't care if he is a racist, homophobic misogynist (or whatever) - he doesn't deserve to be vilified for an appalling crime he may not have committed.

See my earlier post. Anyway - let's wait and see.
Totally agree

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.