Jim Davidson

Old Jan 3rd 2013, 6:23 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jim Davidson

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-Brother.html

The man who described Dubai as a "right-wingers paradise" has been arrested in the Savile case.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 6:48 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jim Davidson

In October he wrote this on his blog:

"The Savile witch hunt is going a bit silly now. We all are starting to speculate and accuse … even in jest. So no, I don’t know who’s next. Well, if I was in the pub with the lads it would be a different story. Everyone has had the nod. Everyone is an expert. Just pick someone you don’t like and say it’s them.”

(Taken from Guido Fawkes blog yesterday)

Vile man and a friend of a friend that I always (fortunately) managed to avoid meeting.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 8:32 am
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow

"The Savile witch hunt is going a bit silly now. We all are starting to speculate and accuse … even in jest. So no, I don’t know who’s next. Well, if I was in the pub with the lads it would be a different story. Everyone has had the nod. Everyone is an expert. Just pick someone you don’t like and say it’s them.”

Vile man and a friend of a friend that I always (fortunately) managed to avoid meeting.
So you say he is vile but you have never met him? Are you basing your opinion on what you read in the press or see on the tv?

Not defending him (as I do not know him) but to describe someone as 'vile' without having met them is a little disingenuous.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 8:43 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fossildog
So you say he is vile but you have never met him? Are you basing your opinion on what you read in the press or see on the tv?

Not defending him (as I do not know him) but to describe someone as 'vile' without having met them is a little disingenuous.
The man is quite open and public with his outlook on life, therefore it's quite simple to come to the conclusion that he is, indeed, a vile individual.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I will confidently state two things:

1 - he is completely innocent of any improper behaviour towards children.

2 - he has probably been guilty of improper conduct, probably of a physical and/or intimate nature, towards adult females at various times in his life, but he will get away with that because all we seem to care about these days is whether this celebrity or that celebrity has done naughty things to children.

Conclusion: our modern-day obsession with paedophiles is starting to diminish our attitudes towards 'adult-to-adult' sexual offences/assaults.

We are on a dangerous and worrying slippery slope.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 8:58 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-Brother.html

The man who described Dubai as a "right-wingers paradise" has been arrested in the Savile case.
It's a slow day at work, but things like listing his house value at two different prices annoys me. Makes you wonder what else they get wrong.

"Several plain-clothed police officers spent more than four hours searching Davidson’s £1million Georgian home in the picturesque village of Stockbridge in Hampshire."

"Search: There was no sign of Jim Davidson at his country home as police officers visited the £820,000 property"
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 9:03 am
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
I will confidently state two things:

1 - he is completely innocent of any improper behaviour towards children.

2 - he has probably been guilty of improper conduct, probably of a physical and/or intimate nature, towards adult females at various times in his life, but he will get away with that because all we seem to care about these days is whether this celebrity or that celebrity has done naughty things to children.

Conclusion: our modern-day obsession with paedophiles is starting to diminish our attitudes towards 'adult-to-adult' sexual offences/assaults.

We are on a dangerous and worrying slippery slope.
The obsession with peadophiles seems to lie purely with the British press. Their attitude and obsession has blighted the lives of children in the UK. All the freedoms most of us enjoyed in our youth are denied to children growing up now. Is all very sad.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 9:18 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow

I'm not a fan of Jim Davidson, however he will now always be associated with the Savile inquiry. Whilst people may not agree with his views/politics, this is now a different level. He may be guilty, but then again it may just be over-zealous investigators or allegations from people looking to make some cash. I expect he has already been judged by a lot of the public and found guilty.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 9:21 am
Excess Baggage

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
I'm not a fan of Jim Davidson, however he will now always be associated with the Savile inquiry. Whilst people may not agree with his views/politics, this is now a different level. He may be guilty, but then again it may just be over-zealous investigators or allegations from people looking to make some cash. I expect he has already been judged by a lot of the public and found guilty.
Yes, the same happened when Max Clifford was arrested.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 9:25 am
Big Member

Yes, the same happened when Max Clifford was arrested.
Someone who whilst not knowing, I seem to have a great dislike for. In his case it maybe karma, being judged via the media etc...

But again, none of this has gone to court (I always assumed it was innocent until proven guilty).
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 9:30 am
Excess Baggage

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Someone who whilst not knowing, I seem to have a great dislike for. In his case it maybe karma, being judged via the media etc...

But again, none of this has gone to court (I always assumed it was innocent until proven guilty).
Technically, yes. But we're all human and have prejudices.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 9:34 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fossildog

I know many people who have met him, including my husband, several times. I also know people who have worked with him. Even his friends don't claim he's wonderful. It seems clear that he is one of those men who doesn't like women, despite marrying a number of them.

You don't think that assuming I am not basing my comment on knowledge and first-hand information is rather presumptive?
Big Member

Technically, yes. But we're all human and have prejudices.
I'm guilty as anyone - it all goes back to the power of the media though (hence the karma for Max).
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I opened this thread as I was hoping you were announcing a death. While I was disappointed to read that he'd only been arrested, I remembered that I put him down on the 'who is next' thread.

Last edited by Millhouse; Jan 3rd 2013 at 10:36 am.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 10:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Not a good week for Jim. 6 days ago he had to put his dog down.

My dog died today.I am empty.I called the vet and told them to end his life. I am so upset.
He wasn't even there to see it. The heartless bastard.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.