Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Jermaine Defoe is ineligible to play for Spurs...

Wikiposts

Jermaine Defoe is ineligible to play for Spurs...

Old Jan 10th 2009, 4:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jermaine Defoe is ineligible to play for Spurs...

Originally Posted by BangleMan
Poorly paid "real men" in comparsion though.....Spurs & Man U.....no need to say any more....a team who think they are a big club, and a team supported by most people south of Watford who have never been to Old Trafford in their life....
Poorly paid "real men" in comparsion though

That's changing............... the best English rugby players now earn about GBP6-7k per week........... not exactly John Terry, but more than, say, Hayden Mullins, I'd guess.

In any case - what does that matter? It's not as good a sport because the wages aren't as high?? Where's the logic in that? The high salaries in football are one of the reasons why many prefer rugby - that, and the physical intensity, character-building, sportsmanship, etc, of rugby....... And no faked injuries - they leave that to the chavballers.........
Old Jan 10th 2009, 4:51 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean

That's changing............... the best English rugby players now earn about GBP6-7k per week........... not exactly John Terry, but more than, say, Hayden Mullins, I'd guess.

In any case - what does that matter? It's not as good a sport because the wages aren't as high?? Where's the logic in that? The high salaries in football are one of the reasons why many prefer rugby - that, and the physical intensity, character-building, sportsmanship, etc, of rugby....... And no faked injuries - they leave that to the chavballers.........
It doesnt, I dont recall saying it had any bearing on it as a sport.....You could have a row in an empty room
Old Jan 10th 2009, 4:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

It doesnt, I dont recall saying it had any bearing on it as a sport.....You could have a row in an empty room
Then why mention their pay??
Old Jan 10th 2009, 5:00 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Then why mention their pay??
why not ?
Old Jan 10th 2009, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lobby lou
As i said i prefer Rugby.......and sorry but i dont know many in oxford that support oxford utd.....
no need to be sorry, but i would support Oxford if i lived there.

When i lived in west London, i supported QPR, no one laugh, thank you, but they were the local club and i dont even like football
Old Jan 10th 2009, 5:05 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by annacarna

When i lived in west London, i supported QPR, no one laugh, thank you, but they were the local club and i dont even like football
No wonder you supported QPR then...
Old Jan 10th 2009, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

No wonder you supported QPR then...
lol, behave. Paul Goddard was my pin up
Old Jan 10th 2009, 5:13 am
Hammer for Life

lol, behave. Paul Goddard was my pin up
lol....you sure you arent thinking of Trish Goddard ?
Old Jan 10th 2009, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

lol....you sure you arent thinking of Trish Goddard ?
who's that?

Paul Goddard was one of QPR's best players and moved to that West Spam club
Old Jan 10th 2009, 5:25 am
Hammer for Life

who's that?

She's a talk show host in the UK, a bit like Oprah...

West Spam ? ....and I used to like you....
Old Jan 10th 2009, 5:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

who's that?

Ah yes.............. 1979/80 - QPR's teenage strike force Paul Goddard and Clive Allen - they couldn't play in midweek games because the final whistle was after their bedtime..........
Old Jan 10th 2009, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Ah yes.............. 1979/80 - QPR's teenage strike force Paul Goddard and Clive Allen - they couldn't play in midweek games because the final whistle was after their bedtime..........
nothings changed in football then
Old Jan 10th 2009, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all

that and u can have a pint and a chat with supporters of the other side in rugby ...unlike some saddo kiss ball fan wanting to punch ure head in at a footie game.....
Old Jan 10th 2009, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all

to be a supporter you need to watch the matches ......my family choose to watch man u .........oxford supporters are amongst the worst for fighting......
Old Jan 10th 2009, 11:35 pm
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by lobby lou
that and u can have a pint and a chat with supporters of the other side in rugby ...unlike some saddo kiss ball fan wanting to punch ure head in at a footie game.....
why on earth would you want to have a chat with a rival club's supporter after the game ?

Simple fact is that rugby fans dont have the same passion for their teams that football fans do, thats why !

If they did, it would be the national game, and that it never will be

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.