Jeep Wrangler

Old Dec 1st 2009, 3:32 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jeep Wrangler

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Come on blue cat, I keep telling you that Pajero's are rubbish. I was out in my gutless wonder this afternoon.

The only thing that is good about it is the brakes - and that's mostly because it's impossible to go fast.

Even the mirrors are usless!
well the one you bought will be shite, it has already been hammered
Old Dec 1st 2009, 4:44 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I drive a Pajero.

Plenty of my friends drive Pajeros.

Pajeros are slow cars, but they are solidly built, comfortable, last a long time and are quite decent off-roading.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

I drove my bosses (no, not that boss ) Pajero yesterday, 5 door 3.8 one, didn't really like it. Someone mentioned to avoid the 3.8 though, why is that?

Think its back to the Wrangler
Old Dec 1st 2009, 4:56 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Euc-
I drove my bosses (no, not that boss ) Pajero yesterday, 5 door 3.8 one, didn't really like it. Someone mentioned to avoid the 3.8 though, why is that?

Think its back to the Wrangler
I think either you just are a Wrangler person or you aren't...
it's more of a feeling than anything else...there are far better cars than the Wrangler, certainly where comfort is concerned, but that is just not the point...
For me there is no better looking car than a tarted up Wrangler, liftkit, some accessories...don't think there is any other car that you can 'dress up' better...and it's so much fun in the desert, it really doesn't compare to any other car...
Old Dec 1st 2009, 5:30 am
Account Closed

Tillybean is an unknown quantity at this point

I just bought a 2008 model Wrangler Sahara (two door) and really like it. Mine has the hard and soft top option and have not found it too noisy - or is that because the stereo is always switched up loud?

Took it out into the desert at the weekend and had such great fun. I was surprised at what it can do and how easy it was to handle on the sand. Other cars out that day were an FJ which looks awful but handles really well in the sand, a couple of Pajero which did okay and the rest were Jeeps - cherokee or wranglers.

For off-roading, I dont think you can beat a Wrangler. Most of the guys at the 4x4 club have a Wrangler for the weekend and drive something else during the week for their real journeys to and from work etc.

I am sticking to just the one and will be using my Jeep for everything. I got mine second hand from the Jeep dealer based in Umm Al Naar in Abu Dhabi and he (Mohammed) may be able to help with a possible drive/hire of one.

There was a four door 2009 model for sale on the Spinneys board for 82,000 AED last week.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 6:41 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
I drive a Pajero.

Plenty of my friends drive Pajeros.

Pajeros are slow cars, but they are solidly built, comfortable, last a long time and are quite decent off-roading.

Can't you get a version with a larger engine then?

-
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
well the one you bought will be shite, it has already been hammered
Why is that? it's me that has been hammering it on the rev limiter not the previous guy.

actually I do like them, just the only problem is that they are so sluggish.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 5:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Can't you get a version with a larger engine then?

-
they do a 3l and a 3.8l. The 3.8 is only marginally better...

I've only driven the 3 door versions, I'd hate to think how slow the 5 door ones are.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 9:15 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
they do a 3l and a 3.8l. The 3.8 is only marginally better...

I've only driven the 3 door versions, I'd hate to think how slow the 5 door ones are.
I didn't realise that they were so slow, so they are off my list. I want a new small/medium 4X4 and am undecided. I've got a RAV4 at the moment and that's a nice drive.

-
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 2:52 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't realise that they were so slow, so they are off my list. I want a new small/medium 4X4 and am undecided. I've got a RAV4 at the moment and that's a nice drive.

-
Meow mine isn't slow at all, I am very happy with it so happy infact that we are considering selling her and getting another one
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 4:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Meow mine isn't slow at all, I am very happy with it so happy infact that we are considering selling her and getting another one
Selling? Tell me more

Is it the 3 door?
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 4:11 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Euc-
Selling? Tell me more

Is it the 3 door?
tis that, will pm you
Old Dec 5th 2009, 1:26 pm
Concierge

-
I sold my Rav to get a Pajero, it knocks spots of the Rav, but I did love my Rav when I had her I just wouldn't go back to one
Old Dec 5th 2009, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

-
I'm off to test drive the new Audi Q5 next week, not exactly a car for going Dune bashing but it will get me around site and churn up the highway miles nicely. Bit pricey though.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 2:50 am
Bored liberal

I sold my Rav to get a Pajero, it knocks spots of the Rav, but I did love my Rav when I had her I just wouldn't go back to one
Really? The RAV has a decent turn of speed.

I hate buying cars - too confusing.

-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.