Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Jebil Ali Club to Close it's Doors!

Jebil Ali Club to Close it's Doors!

Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:26 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jebil Ali Club to Close it's Doors!

Just got back from my regular Monday night quiz and apparently half of the staff left today, the waiter says that it looks like the club is going to close soon.

I think it's a disgrace, that place is a home from home and I for one am down there all the time.

I wish we could save it!

Bison
Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jebil Ali Club to Close it's Doors!

Originally Posted by Bison
Just got back from my regular Monday night quiz and apparently half of the staff left today, the waiter says that it looks like the club is going to close soon.

I think it's a disgrace, that place is a home from home and I for one am down there all the time.

I wish we could save it!

Bison
Where in JA is it???
Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:40 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

The village. I love it there. Great menu and fine for taking the nipper in.

But it has a bit of character and a bit of history with expats so, it has to go...

Don't trigger an outbreak of grief from bc over the country club
Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
The village. I love it there. Great menu and fine for taking the nipper in.

But it has a bit of character and a bit of history with expats so, it has to go...

Don't trigger an outbreak of grief from bc over the country club
Ahhh yes...BC...Better get her here and start the parade...
Old Dec 1st 2008, 7:21 am
W10

I went there once. Won the quiz and it was only me and one other playing ;-)

Prize was almost nothing though (considering you pay to enter)

The place has the ambience and charm of a pub in Harlow town centre.

Why is it being closed? No money?

Old Dec 1st 2008, 1:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
I went there once. Won the quiz and it was only me and one other playing ;-)

Prize was almost nothing though (considering you pay to enter)

The place has the ambience and charm of a pub in Harlow town centre.

Why is it being closed? No money?
Isn't all of Jebel ali village being demolished?
Old Dec 1st 2008, 3:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Isn't all of Jebel ali village being demolished?
someone told me it's been put on hold for two years...dunno whether that is correct or not...

MM, xx
Old Dec 1st 2008, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
someone told me it's been put on hold for two years...dunno whether that is correct or not...

MM, xx
well they already evicted people living there.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 3:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

i know...but the same thing has happened with some friends of ours who were living in jumeirah 1, the compound was going to be demolished, they all had to find alternative (and much more expensive) accomodation, and now it's on hold...

MM, xx
Old Dec 1st 2008, 4:32 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
i know...but the same thing has happened with some friends of ours who were living in jumeirah 1, the compound was going to be demolished, they all had to find alternative (and much more expensive) accomodation, and now it's on hold...

MM, xx
jeez, that is peoples homes they are playing games with....
Old Dec 1st 2008, 5:12 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Meraas, the developers of Jumeria Gardens, have quietly laid off many of their senior management, although they claim the Gardens project is still going forward.

O' course, laying off senior management and claiming that you're going forth on an AED 350 billion project somehow just doesn't click together.

May very well be that Dubai will be stuck with massive holes in the ground in Jumeira 1 and Satwa, and loads of abandoned houses for quite some time.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 5:16 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

empty completely, no one living there at all. Jebel Ali Club has been due for closure for some time. No surprises there at all I have a friend who works there I hope he finds alternative employment.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
empty completely, no one living there at all. Jebel Ali Club has been due for closure for some time. No surprises there at all I have a friend who works there I hope he finds alternative employment.
BC
He can contact [email protected] (The Emirates Culinary Guild - voluntary organisation).
His cv can be broadcast to every UAE Executive Chef, also international if he requires.
There is no charge, and he does not have to be a member.
Lots of catering staff looking for jobs, 'though. Esseque Hotels have 'put back' the openng of Tiara for fourteen months!
Old Dec 1st 2008, 9:52 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alen1
BC
He can contact [email protected] (The Emirates Culinary Guild - voluntary organisation).
His cv can be broadcast to every UAE Executive Chef, also international if he requires.
There is no charge, and he does not have to be a member.
Lots of catering staff looking for jobs, 'though. Esseque Hotels have 'put back' the openng of Tiara for fourteen months!
thanks Alen!! I will make a note of that.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

I wish we could save it!

Bison[/QUOTE]

I was there at lunchtime and nothing seems to have changed?

Had a quiet chat with my waitress friend and she said she had not heard anything about closing. She said no one had left to her knowledge.

I had hoped to catch the Manager, but today I guess he was enjoying the holiday?

The quiz in on as usual tonight, the quiz master was going home to prepare!

Jim.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.