Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Jebel Ali Tanker Fire....

Jebel Ali Tanker Fire....

Old Feb 11th 2009, 4:45 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jebel Ali Tanker Fire....

Gulf News seem a little confused as to what to print... After all the 'lies' and 'bad journalism' regarding sewage contamination at the Marina, am I right in thinking they are trying to get some sort of 'Clean Beach' award???

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/General/10284406.html

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/General/10284149.html
Old Feb 11th 2009, 4:48 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jebel Ali Tanker Fire....

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Gulf News seem a little confused as to what to print... After all the 'lies' and 'bad journalism' regarding sewage contamination at the Marina, am I right in thinking they are trying to get some sort of 'Clean Beach' award???

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/General/10284406.html

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/General/10284149.html

They are applying for Blue Flag status. Guess it'll depend on what day of the week the inspectors review.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 4:58 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

It makes me laugh. All the photos (and the thick black plume of smoke visible for hours yesterday) suggest a massive oil spillage, but that could never happen in Dubai so "no oil spilled" is the conclusion. Wait until the dead sea birds and fish start getting swept onto the beach.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 5:01 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
It makes me laugh. All the photos (and the thick black plume of smoke visible for hours yesterday) suggest a massive oil spillage, but that could never happen in Dubai so "no oil spilled" is the conclusion. Wait until the dead sea birds and fish start getting swept onto the beach.
Yeh, but the question is; will it be the oil or the raw sewage that kills them?
Old Feb 11th 2009, 5:06 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

gott alove that no oil in the sea crap. In this pic the water is clearly on fire, neat trick that.

http://blogs.wsj.com/photojournal/20...googlenews_wsj
Old Feb 11th 2009, 5:08 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

exhibit b

http://britishexpats.com/forum/newre...te=1&p=7273399

all that sludge must just be the shit thats already there then so thats ok.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 5:10 am
**** it we'll do it live

all the above said it looks as though it could have been a lot worse, we all and especially the pr machine got lucky
Old Feb 11th 2009, 6:16 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to point out that I have just received a warning letter from the Ministry for posting something that is a malicious and illegal attempt to quote the facts, thereby bringing the Jamal that is Dubai into disrepute...
Old Feb 11th 2009, 7:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

just checked the shipping press and she is a Methanol carrier so oil slick from the cargo but I guess there could be oil pollution from her bunker tanks.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

I would like to point out that I have just received a warning letter from the Ministry for posting something that is a malicious and illegal attempt to quote the facts, thereby bringing the Jamal that is Dubai into disrepute...
A warning letter from the ministry ?
Old Feb 11th 2009, 7:36 am
If I have to explain...

I shouldn't worry, if you posted it in Dubai, it'll never get there!
Old Feb 11th 2009, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

A friend of mine was for Seacorp & he said that they are right there is no leak, the oil in the picture is fuel from the ship.
Old Feb 11th 2009, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Seems hard to believe it could happen on a clear day only 5KM or miles off Jebel Ali.

I wonder if they were moving on their own or had Jebel Ali pilots onboard?!
Old Feb 11th 2009, 6:28 pm
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
Seems hard to believe it could happen on a clear day only 5KM or miles off Jebel Ali.

I wonder if they were moving on their own or had Jebel Ali pilots onboard?!

why would the standard of boat driving here be any better than car driving
Old Feb 12th 2009, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shiva
why would the standard of boat driving here be any better than car driving
True!