Jade Goody

Old Feb 6th 2009, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jade Goody

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
It's not the tree hugging lot, it's the religious "don't play god" lot who are opposed to things like stem cell research, cloning, abortion for any reason.

They justify their position with belief not reason or evidence and even have the gall to say it's "unethical".

N.
so i am a tree hugger or religious ? no i am not however i dont believe in stem cell research cloning or abortion

we all have different views on the above topic - abortion being the most heated - i dont belive in abortion - sorry if my views are not popular - but thats my view -and i am quite happy with my views
Old Feb 6th 2009, 1:27 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
so i am a tree hugger or religious ? no i am not however i dont believe in stem cell research cloning or abortion

we all have different views on the above topic - abortion being the most heated - i dont belive in abortion - sorry if my views are not popular - but thats my view -and i am quite happy with my views
why don't you believe in abortion? is it from a religious aspect?
Old Feb 6th 2009, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

Rowdoc is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't want to face the wrath of the board... but why should I care about Jade Goody particularly, sadly she will be just another stat

For me, why should she warrant any more attentions the hundreds of other cancer patients that I don't know. She might be a great mother, daughter , whatever etc etc but it does matter if her cancer has spread she is in same position as everyone else; her family will wrecked just like the families of so many others.

Only really sad thing is that having courted the attention of the media /public & becaming famous for doing nothing; she won't be left alone or given the privacy everyone deserves during their last months /weeks
Old Feb 6th 2009, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rowdoc
I don't want to face the wrath of the board... but why should I care about Jade Goody particularly, sadly she will be just another stat

For me, why should she warrant any more attentions the hundreds of other cancer patients that I don't know. She might be a great mother, daughter , whatever etc etc but it does matter if her cancer has spread she is in same position as everyone else; her family will wrecked just like the families of so many others.

Only really sad thing is that having courted the attention of the media /public & becaming famous for doing nothing; she won't be left alone or given the privacy everyone deserves during their last months /weeks
When a celebrity gets a illness of some kind then it often pushes the illness to the forefront of attention which often leads to better understanding by others of the illness and in turn raises the profile to hopefully get more done about it in the world of medicine or charity
Old Feb 6th 2009, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
why don't you believe in abortion? is it from a religious aspect?
simple answer is no
Old Feb 6th 2009, 3:01 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
It's not the tree hugging lot, it's the religious "don't play god" lot who are opposed to things like stem cell research, cloning, abortion for any reason.

They justify their position with belief not reason or evidence and even have the gall to say it's "unethical".

N.
If stem cell research could mean a cure for cancer and would mean that noone would have to feel the pain of losing someone from such a dreadful disease, then so be it.

I would give anything to have my Mum cuddle me again, and pray that stem cell research can stop this cruel disease that rips out your heart when you lose someone.

Cancer hurts, it hurts the victim, the family and everyone connected with it - please let them find a cure - stem cell or otherwise.

I need my Mum and feel so cheated. How can people protest at something that could possibly avoid such pain?
Old Feb 6th 2009, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Live for now
When a celebrity gets a illness of some kind then it often pushes the illness to the forefront of attention which often leads to better understanding by others of the illness and in turn raises the profile to hopefully get more done about it in the world of medicine or charity
I second what you are saying - you are right, when this stuff happens to celebs it does hit home that this really can happen to anyone no matter what the circumstances of their life.

As for stem cell research - if and hopefully when a cure is found for cancer i wonder if those who oppose the research will reject the treatment....
Old Feb 7th 2009, 1:42 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Lance armstrong and his liveSTRONG foumndation is a great example.

Check out the site for a look at the support it gives to cancer sufferers in the US and beyond.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 3:07 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Lance armstrong and his liveSTRONG foumndation is a great example.

Check out the site for a look at the support it gives to cancer sufferers in the US and beyond.
Anyone...anyhow...anywhere who can raise cancer awareness and raise funds for a cure deserves support not criticism IMO.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 4:56 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hitchcock71

I'd be interested to know what your objection to stem cell research, cloning and abortion is all about and where it comes from if not from a religious viewpoint.

N.
Old Feb 14th 2009, 4:25 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Reports in today that Jade has only a month to go.

Poor lass, bloody tragic.
Old Feb 14th 2009, 6:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a God?

I want someone to blame...............
Old Feb 14th 2009, 11:57 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I read yesterday that it was 3 months and then somewhere else it is a month. I would guess as the cancer is in her liver, it wont be long.

It is so sad.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody frightening, knowing you will be gone in 1 month and a huge worry about leaving your kids, it must be unbearable, poor Jade.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by annacarna
Bloody frightening, knowing you will be gone in 1 month and a huge worry about leaving your kids, it must be unbearable, poor Jade.
I wonder how they could remove the tumour from her bowel but not her liver and groin?

I know they are doing all they can for her but I dont understand how they could do it from one part of her and not the other.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.