British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Jade Goody (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/jade-goody-589156/)

Spugsy Feb 4th 2009 10:18 am

Jade Goody

whatever you think of her, jesus, poor cow.

Big Brother reality show star Jade Goody is expecting to hear what her options are today after doctors told her her cancer has spread. Skip related content

Doctors diagnosed the former Big Brother contestant with cervical cancer last August and she has been receiving chemotherapy since.

Medics have now told Goody that cancer has been found in her liver, bowel and groin.

The 27-year-old told The Sun newspaper: "I am frightened and I am angry. I don't want to die because I have so much to live for."

"It's awful. The doctors have confirmed the worst," Goody told the Sun.

"To try and remain positive, I am hoping a new type of treatment will suppress and control the cancer, which is very aggressive. I'm in a nightmare."

A previous estimate of 40% chance of cure has been scrapped, and Goody will now be treated purely to prolong her life rather than to get rid of the disease.

Goody had discharged herself from hospital to spend time with of two young sons, Bobby and Freddie, in their Essex home.

But she was taken back to London's Royal Marsden hospital on Sunday after becoming violently ill and collapsing.

Her 21-year-old boyfriend Jack Tweed is said to be "numb" over the news.

Millsyisland Feb 4th 2009 10:20 am

Re: Jade Goody

That's terrible news, particularly as she has young children.

She might be annoying as hell, but no-one deserves that at such a young age.

Spugsy Feb 4th 2009 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Millsyisland (Post 7247065)
That's terrible news, particularly as she has young children.

She might be annoying as hell, but no-one deserves that at such a young age.

27 as well, christ almighty.

Millsyisland Feb 4th 2009 10:51 am

You may want to look for something a little stronger than tin......

Inselaffen Feb 4th 2009 10:52 am

LH, thats low even from you!

can't stand the woman but nobody deserves whats happening to her

Jacquie77 Feb 4th 2009 10:55 am

I doubt they would feel that way. :(

Bison Feb 4th 2009 10:57 am

That's bang out of order and deserves a slap, that's actually worse than anything I've said and I can stoop pretty low.

From all accounts she is a bloody good mother, regardless of her personality, ffs she's even discharged herself from hospital to be with her kids, which is a very un-selfish thing to do as the best place for her is clearly in hospital.

You should be very ashamed of yourself.

Bison

Spugsy Feb 4th 2009 10:59 am

that's just plain stupid lionheart, and I think you know it that don't you?

Spugsy Feb 4th 2009 11:00 am

Originally Posted by Bison (Post 7247174)
That's bang out of order and deserves a slap, that's actually worse than anything I've said and I can stoop pretty low.

From all accounts she is a bloody good mother, regardless of her personality, ffs she's even discharged herself from hospital to be with her kids, which is a very un-selfish thing to do as the best place for her is clearly in hospital.

You should be very ashamed of yourself.

Bison

I have to say, I'm down with Bison here.

lionheart Feb 4th 2009 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7247188)
I have to say, I'm down with Bison here.

Okay I apologise, but I did say "if she is anything like her portrayal on TV" as that is only where I have come across her.

admon Feb 4th 2009 11:11 am

I'm also on the bison bandwagon for once..

LH that really is a twat thing to say. Even though the press have butchered her in recent times, her ability as a mother has never been in doubt.
Just because she is a bit of a council house racist, nobody deserves to die so horribly and so young.

Grace O Malley Feb 4th 2009 11:14 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7247214)
Okay I apologise, but I did say "if she is anything like her portrayal on TV" as that is only where I have come across her.

LH its reality TV?

Eva Feb 4th 2009 11:58 am

My God, you've outdone Shad the Lad on the attention seeking posting today
Lionfart.

Spugsy Feb 4th 2009 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7247214)

You stupid mook.

She is incredibly thick and totally stupid, but that doesn't stop her loving and raising her kids well does it?

Blue Cat Feb 4th 2009 12:23 pm

apparently it has spread to other organs :(