Jack Whitehall

Old Jan 8th 2013, 7:04 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Jack Whitehall

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
thank goodness she doesn't, but it is strange that she has no dialect from us at all.
I teach my son to speak Geordie, it really annoys his mother!
Old Jan 8th 2013, 7:07 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
I teach my son to speak Geordie, it really annoys his mother!
Old Jan 8th 2013, 7:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

thank goodness she doesn't, but it is strange that she has no dialect from us at all.
Lucky you.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 11:13 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Lucky you.
why do you say that, you have never heard me talk, no if Meow had said that
Old Jan 8th 2013, 11:15 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

I like your accent, maybe a bit mackum but....
Old Jan 8th 2013, 11:19 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Your voice changes on who you are with. Ordinarily there is just a hint of Geordie, but put you with someone with a broad accent and you get broader and broader! And you have a posher radio voice too!
Old Jan 8th 2013, 11:21 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Meow
Your voice changes on who you are with. Ordinarily there is just a hint of Geordie, but put you with someone with a broad accent and you get broader and broader! And you have a posher radio voice too!
tally ho ha ha ha you are right though
Old Jan 8th 2013, 11:24 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

tally ho ha ha ha you are right though
Perhaps I should have told winter that the accent comes from all those years in the Pony Club?
Old Jan 8th 2013, 11:40 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Your kids having no accent - lucky.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

winter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to all

Nobody has answered my question, where do posh people get their accents from, where did it originate? is it because people aspire to talk like the queen, sorry, i am really interested, having just watched 36 episodes of made in Chelsea
Old Jan 9th 2013, 5:52 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by winter
Nobody has answered my question, where do posh people get their accents from, where did it originate? is it because people aspire to talk like the queen, sorry, i am really interested, having just watched 36 episodes of made in Chelsea
I have actually given you two answers.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

IMHO I think the "posh" accent is a hybrid from the the Clipped english of the early 20th Century upper classes and the passing down from the aristocracy of feudal britain during the industrial revolution to the new middle class as they started to become upwardly mobile. Now it gets passed on in school, usually public school.
So if you send your kids to a school like eton or marlborough etc they will probably end up talking like they just stepped out of Made in Chelsea. Even if you talk speak like an east end barrow boy.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 10:35 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Scamp
Your kids having no accent - lucky.
she has a slight American accent
Old Jan 9th 2013, 10:46 am
Account Closed

she has a slight American accent
Oh. Sorry to hear that Blue Cat.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 10:46 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by winter

Perhaps you'd like to tell us where common accents 'come from'? They all evolve...

It's not about 'aspiring to sound like the Queen' it's just the way people speak as that's the accent they have grown up with. Same as any accent.

Last edited by Meow; Jan 9th 2013 at 10:49 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.