British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   I've arrived! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/ive-arrived-611504/)

FunnyFeline May 27th 2009 11:57 am

I've arrived!

Hello all,

I know I've been quiet on here for a few weeks (not that I was that loud to start with :p ). Anyway, we've arrived and are currently living in The Greens. Had a lovely morning over coffee & lunch with some of the girls from here...it was lovely (thanks GA).

We're apartment hunting in earnest now. Have viewed a few & fingers crossed we have one...but, as with everything in Dubai, there are a few things to "iron out".

Well, have a lovely day one and all. My other half & I are off to see Terminator Salvation at 6. :)

FF xx

Meow May 27th 2009 12:00 pm

Re: I've arrived!

*waves* ;)

-

Blue Cat May 27th 2009 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by FunnyFeline (Post 7608522)
Hello all,

I know I've been quiet on here for a few weeks (not that I was that loud to start with :p ). Anyway, we've arrived and are currently living in The Greens. Had a lovely morning over coffee & lunch with some of the girls from here...it was lovely (thanks GA).

We're apartment hunting in earnest now. Have viewed a few & fingers crossed we have one...but, as with everything in Dubai, there are a few things to "iron out".

Well, have a lovely day one and all. My other half & I are off to see Terminator Salvation at 6. :)

FF xx

you are more than welcome, was nice to meet up :thumbup:

MrsHawkes May 27th 2009 12:16 pm

Hello all,

FF xx

Hi FF,

Sorry i missed you today. I never got the PM in time as i was having a long lie! :eek:

Sounds like your settling in fine. Thats good. Anyway i'm at the Greens too so if you want to meet up sometime that would be great.

Where is the new apartment?

Mrs H

lionheart May 27th 2009 12:57 pm

Welcome to Sin City Mark 2:)

moto111 May 27th 2009 1:35 pm

Welcome FF - hope you can make it to the DVD and book sale on Friday:)

Roadking May 27th 2009 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes (Post 7608573)
Hi FF,

Sorry i missed you today. I never got the PM in time as i was having a long lie! :eek:

Sounds like your settling in fine. Thats good. Anyway i'm at the Greens too so if you want to meet up sometime that would be great.

Where is the new apartment?

Mrs H

No PM was sent cause you stink!

hehehehe

MrsHawkes May 27th 2009 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7609888)
No PM was sent cause you stink!

hehehehe

Aye good een Rk! Well i could stop smoking but you'll always be a *****! :rofl:

BTW there was a PM. Lovely girl :)

BorderTart May 28th 2009 3:57 am

Hello all,

FF xx

Welcome to Dubai, it is certainly starting to hot up now, so hope you are coping with the heat.

If you fancy a villa instead of an apartment, there are a couple for rent here in Springs 6.

Hope to meet up with you one day, although I don't make it along to the Wed coffee mornings.

commander May 28th 2009 4:03 am

Originally Posted by BorderTart (Post 7610954)

Hope to meet up with you one day, although I don't make it along to the Wed coffee mornings.

shock horror, expat wife who cannot make coffee mornings....youll never last here:D

FunnyFeline May 28th 2009 5:07 am

LOL..thanks for the lovely welcomes guys!

We've decided not to go with the apartment we saw the other day (too many complications with landlord, current tenant, agent, etc)!! So, we are starting to look again. We want to be either in JBR, Marina or The Palm (on the trunk). Hubby works in Jebel Ali port, so easy access to SZR & not being too far away is a big consideration. :-) 100's of fab places on Dubizzle, so shouldn't be a prob.

xx

Blue Cat May 28th 2009 5:09 am

Originally Posted by FunnyFeline (Post 7611098)
LOL..thanks for the lovely welcomes guys!

We've decided not to go with the apartment we saw the other day (too many complications with landlord, current tenant, agent, etc)!! So, we are starting to look again. We want to be either in JBR, Marina or The Palm (on the trunk). Hubby works in Jebel Ali port, so easy access to SZR & not being too far away is a big consideration. :-) 100's of fab places on Dubizzle, so shouldn't be a prob.

xx

I love the shoreline apartments on the Palm, if we hadn't found our place we would have been heading out that way for sure :thumbsup: great facilities and easy access onto SZR. Good luck!

FunnyFeline May 28th 2009 5:22 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7611101)
I love the shoreline apartments on the Palm, if we hadn't found our place we would have been heading out that way for sure :thumbsup: great facilities and easy access onto SZR. Good luck!

Thanks BC. Am hoping hubby & I can view one tomorrow..! x

Blue Cat May 28th 2009 5:23 am

Originally Posted by FunnyFeline (Post 7611111)
Thanks BC. Am hoping hubby & I can view one tomorrow..! x

you will love them!! :thumbup:

BorderTart May 28th 2009 5:40 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7610969)
shock horror, expat wife who cannot make coffee mornings....youll never last here:D

I make it to plenty other ones, so should be ok. :p