Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

It's time to get serious....

It's time to get serious....

Old Jun 19th 2011, 9:30 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default It's time to get serious....

OK people, let's stop all this religion and politics and start with more useful information.

Where is the best Cheeseburger in Abu Dhabi to be had?

N.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 9:41 am
Account Closed

Tillybean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: It's time to get serious....

Had a rather tasty one on the beach at the Fairmont.

Fuddruckers isnt bad! LOL.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 10:23 am
Arrrrrrgh!

Dubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud of

Judging by the number of AD locals who were in there last time I went, it's Fat Burger - on Jumeriah Beach Road - Dubai.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 10:45 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dubaidog
Judging by the number of AD locals who were in there last time I went, it's Fat Burger - on Jumeriah Beach Road - Dubai.
Because Jumeriah Beach Road - Dubai is now a part of Abu Dhabi

N.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Because Jumeriah Beach Road - Dubai is now a part of Abu Dhabi

N.
Probably being renamed 'Khalifa Beach Road' as we speak!
Old Jun 19th 2011, 11:13 am
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

Jones the Grocer's burger is pretty good
Old Jun 19th 2011, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

OK people, let's stop all this religion and politics and start with more useful information. N.
I love you
Old Jun 19th 2011, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackthehat
Probably being renamed 'Khalifa Beach Road' as we speak!

I second Fuddruckers as the best place for burgers in AD. I find the best one is in Al Wadha mall.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 3:27 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soukie

I second Fuddruckers as the best place for burgers in AD. I find the best one is in Al Wadha mall.
Remind me not to go to AD for a burger if Fuddruckers is the best you've got
Old Jun 20th 2011, 5:50 am
Account Closed

Not sure why people say Fuddruckers is crap - beef is tender, a tad bland but soon spiced up, cooked to order, cooked medium rare if you want it, plus loads of fresh salad condiments etc. For the price - AED 44 for a meal deal with fries and a very naughty but lovely thick milk shake - I dont think you can go wrong.

Have to say the one at the beach at the Fairmont was rather lovely - aged Taleggio cheese, foie gras etc - but let down by the nasty beef bacon. Just wish the Fairmont could have pork products and I would move in permanently.

It's the same for the great steak debate - I simply love Beaujolais - cheap as chips, great service, slightly verging on tacky, steaks are always wonderful, peppercorn sauce has a kick, and all for less than 100AED. The bar upstairs sells Moet for 200AED. Perfect.

Or you could go to the Rodeo Grill or MPW, same thing and the price is eye wateringly high. Great food, dont get me wrong although I think that MPW lacks "soul".
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Tillybean
Not sure why people say Fuddruckers is crap - beef is tender, a tad bland but soon spiced up, cooked to order, cooked medium rare if you want it, plus loads of fresh salad condiments etc. For the price - AED 44 for a meal deal with fries and a very naughty but lovely thick milk shake - I dont think you can go wrong.

Have to say the one at the beach at the Fairmont was rather lovely - aged Taleggio cheese, foie gras etc - but let down by the nasty beef bacon. Just wish the Fairmont could have pork products and I would move in permanently.

It's the same for the great steak debate - I simply love Beaujolais - cheap as chips, great service, slightly verging on tacky, steaks are always wonderful, peppercorn sauce has a kick, and all for less than 100AED. The bar upstairs sells Moet for 200AED. Perfect.

Or you could go to the Rodeo Grill or MPW, same thing and the price is eye wateringly high. Great food, dont get me wrong although I think that MPW lacks "soul".
I'll give Fuddruckers a go as Al Wadha mall is near my office. Have tried them before and they are very good burgers - don't listen to the haters hehe.

On the subject of steaks, if you have a decent steak with a side dish and a beer or glass of wine and pay more than AED200 you've been ripped off (excluding vintage wines and massaged, sung to beef of course)...you can buy very good steak in the supermarket for under AED40 and cook it at home yourself.

I'm getting miserly in my old age

N.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:43 am
Account Closed

I'll give Fuddruckers a go as Al Wadha mall is near my office. Have tried them before and they are very good burgers - don't listen to the haters hehe.

On the subject of steaks, if you have a decent steak with a side dish and a beer or glass of wine and pay more than AED200 you've been ripped off (excluding vintage wines and massaged, sung to beef of course)...you can buy very good steak in the supermarket for under AED40 and cook it at home yourself.

I'm getting miserly in my old age

N.
Miserly is good......I agree about the cost of food. If I am out and paying 200AED for a steak, I want the meal to be sublime, something that I rave about from here to eternity, not a meal that I think I could have made at home.

I am quite limited on what to eat when out (coeliac so makes it hard) and steak has become my default and am so disappointed to pay through the nose for mediocre.

Saying that, I am rather partial to the fillet with foie gras and mashed tatties at Frankies at the moment. 180AED but delicious.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:44 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

you can buy very good steak in the supermarket for under AED40 and cook it at home yourself...
...and have it cooked exactly as you like it, exactly the right quantity, when you want it, and the unfinished bottle of red (unlikely, but just in case) can go in the fridge for tomorrow. Fry some sliced garlic in vegetable oil, when nicely browned put the steak in and cook at high temperature on one side while coating the top with butter, slices of uncooked garlic and black pepper. Carefully check the underside, and when done flip over and cook that side. Don't turn it again, just check the underside to see when its done the way you like it.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
...and have it cooked exactly as you like it, exactly the right quantity, when you want it, and the unfinished bottle of red (unlikely, but just in case) can go in the fridge for tomorrow. Fry some sliced garlic in vegetable oil, when nicely browned put the steak in and cook at high temperature on one side while coating the top with butter, slices of uncooked garlic and black pepper. Carefully check the underside, and when done flip over and cook that side. Don't turn it again, just check the underside to see when its done the way you like it.
Exactly...and just how I like my women, at home, ready to be consumed with wine and butter when I demand

N.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute

Either Fuddruckers or Burger Fuel in JBR

Shake Shack is a bit oily and the burgers are too oily

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.