British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   It's takeaway night..... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/its-takeaway-night-605489/)

CeeBee Apr 25th 2009 2:37 pm

It's takeaway night.....

what shall i order? I'm in the marina end of town.

Any good suggestions?

moto111 Apr 25th 2009 3:05 pm

Re: It's takeaway night.....

no Idea down that end of town Ceebee - we are having beef stroganoff tonight, which I am about to attempt to go and cook - it will be my first time, but the instructions on the packet look easy and quicker than waiting for takeaway to be delivered......

seraphnina Apr 25th 2009 3:05 pm

What are you in the mood for?

Grace O Malley Apr 25th 2009 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by moto111 (Post 7513608)
no Idea down that end of town Ceebee - we are having beef stroganoff tonight, which I am about to attempt to go and cook - it will be my first time, but the instructions on the packet look easy and quicker than waiting for takeaway to be delivered......

Packet?

Madam Medusa Apr 25th 2009 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by moto111 (Post 7513608)

packet...!!!!! moto, it's soooo easy to make proper beef strog, and it will be a million times better than the packet, believe me...

MM, xx

Madam Medusa Apr 25th 2009 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 7513617)
Packet?

lol anna...

MM, xx

Grace O Malley Apr 25th 2009 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7513619)
lol anna...

MM, xx

ha ha, might as well get a take away if you're going to use a packet

moto111 Apr 25th 2009 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7513619)
lol anna...

MM, xx

ha ha ha - you haven't tasted my cooking, I never cook, just this week I have an urge to do "homely things" so I need to start off easy and have got my packet mix - will let you know later how shite it tastes......

Madam Medusa Apr 25th 2009 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by moto111 (Post 7513628)
ha ha ha - you haven't tasted my cooking, I never cook, just this week I have an urge to do "homely things" so I need to start off easy and have got my packet mix - will let you know later how shite it tastes......

but honestly, you can't go wrong with beef strog, and it is as easy as a packet...let us know in advance next time and we can post step by step instructions...you are now my challenge, lol...

MM, xx

moto111 Apr 25th 2009 3:18 pm

I exceeded my culinary skills on tuesday night and made fish finger sandwiches so tonight I am going one step further, you never know in a couple of weeks I may start with fresh ingredients.....

moto111 Apr 25th 2009 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7513631)
but honestly, you can't go wrong with beef strog, and it is as easy as a packet...let us know in advance next time and we can post step by step instructions...you are now my challenge, lol...

MM, xx

Will do next time MM - the only thing that I can cook with fresh ingredients is lasagna

Madam Medusa Apr 25th 2009 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by moto111 (Post 7513633)
Will do next time MM - the only thing that I can cook with fresh ingredients is lasagna

but that's quite a difficult thing to make, so if you can do that, the rest will be a doddle...

MM, xx

Blue Cat Apr 25th 2009 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 7513617)
Packet?

I know !! that is swearing!!

Grace O Malley Apr 25th 2009 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by moto111 (Post 7513632)
I exceeded my culinary skills on tuesday night and made fish finger sandwiches so tonight I am going one step further, you never know in a couple of weeks I may start with fresh ingredients.....

ah bless, I've not had a fish finger since i was at school.

Blue Cat Apr 25th 2009 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by CeeBee (Post 7513575)
what shall i order? I'm in the marina end of town.

Any good suggestions?

try that Indian place in the Marina