It's happened.

Old May 30th 2011, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's happened.

isn't telesales illegal now anyway ? I'd have hung up or given you the wrong number
Old May 30th 2011, 2:26 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

You wouldn't have got a response beyond the 3rd line with me, and I hope my support staff would have had the sense to do the same or hand the phone to me.

Anybody who tries to get any information from me without giving a) their name and b) a plausible reason why they want is going to get told to FO, either explicitly or implicitly depending on i) which side of the bed I got out of that morning, and ii) how nicely they asked.

I can't believe you'd tolerate someone asking you the same or a similar question, either at work or in your private life.

However...studies have shown that many people who are willing to divulge information to complete strangers are hiding specific sexual feelings, often... [no, I can't be arsed, and to be fair to Scamp I ought to pick on someone else].
Old May 30th 2011, 3:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
isn't telesales illegal now anyway ? I'd have hung up or given you the wrong number
It's illegal for banks to sollicit clients or would-be clients over the phone...

Telesales is vital for the Mop elling industry...We're already suffering from hunger, without telesales we'll be extinct...
Old May 30th 2011, 3:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
You wouldn't have got a response beyond the 3rd line with me, and I hope my support staff would have had the sense to do the same or hand the phone to me.

Anybody who tries to get any information from me without giving a) their name and b) a plausible reason why they want is going to get told to FO, either explicitly or implicitly depending on i) which side of the bed I got out of that morning, and ii) how nicely they asked.

I can't believe you'd tolerate someone asking you the same or a similar question, either at work or in your private life.

However...studies have shown that many people who are willing to divulge information to complete strangers are hiding specific sexual feelings, often... [no, I can't be arsed, and to be fair to Scamp I ought to pick on someone else].
You'd be amazed...8 times out of 10 I am able to get the full name and mobile number of Senior Management people at a lot of companies I call...And I call coldly...
Old May 30th 2011, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

mummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the rough

I can't believe that anyone would openly admit that they spoke to anybody like that on the phone........ You'd have had a dialling tone from me too...... The 'please' at the end does nothing to make it polite......
Old May 30th 2011, 5:42 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mummy2dolly
I can't believe that anyone would openly admit that they spoke to anybody like that on the phone........ You'd have had a dialling tone from me too...... The 'please' at the end does nothing to make it polite......
indeed! No introduction -> no information!

Sorry Scamp, but even I would have told you where to go on that one.
Old May 30th 2011, 7:11 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Scamp, say your from a courier company, you'll be amazed at the info they will give you then. Shouldn't make a difference but always does here
Old May 31st 2011, 4:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Some muppet at my office gave out my info- both my Dubai and UK personal numbers- which I get irate enough about when colleagues call me on- we have a seperate sim when travelling so actually very little need for anyone to call me on my mobile as I am generally travelling with my close colleagues-was not impressed- If I ever find out who gave them out I will be breaking some kneecaps! I asked the company that was calling me to update their records and gave them my office number- but no they still call me on my mobile- they are now saved as ignore. Pi$$es me off a treat!

There also seems to be a lack of understanding that if I am on holiday you do not call me as I AM ON HOLIDAY! I can understand it if its an absolute emergency, but generally there isnt much that can't wait for 2 weeks, but if its to ask where a bit of fabric is then I will not be a happy bunny, note why my number is on a need to know basis!
Old May 31st 2011, 4:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

People have missed the point unfortunately / stopped reading half way through and decided to have a pop.

Just to clarify before this ends, because it will go round in circles otherwise;

I HAVE the phone number. I phoned and asked to double check it was the right one.

Some of you perhaps, may be upset if someone delivering you the daily bag of smoke you need blown up your arse didnt get to you because someone you told not to give out any information and therefore failed to be able to check which office you were in, or maybe it doesn't make it to you because they weren't allowed to check the spelling of your name?
Old May 31st 2011, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
People have missed the point unfortunately / stopped reading half way through and decided to have a pop.

Just to clarify before this ends, because it will go round in circles otherwise;

I HAVE the phone number. I phoned and asked to double check it was the right one.

Some of you perhaps, may be upset if someone delivering you the daily bag of smoke you need blown up your arse didnt get to you because someone you told not to give out any information and therefore failed to be able to check which office you were in, or maybe it doesn't make it to you because they weren't allowed to check the spelling of your name?
???? You were calling to get a number. You told the person on the other end that they didn't need to know who you were. THis is enough for me to not want you to have my number.

It's your attitude not the reasoning behind it.
Old May 31st 2011, 4:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp

I prefer to have highly refined white sugar blown up my ass. I'd go apeshit if someone tried smoke.

Anyway... Scamp, I'm afraid you killed it before you started - you didn't ask them how they are and did the necessary small talk. The 'It doesn't matter who I am' was the final nail.
Old May 31st 2011, 4:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by al dente
???? You were calling to get a number. You told the person on the other end that they didn't need to know who you were. THis is enough for me to not want you to have my number.

It's your attitude not the reasoning behind it.
I'm really nicely going to say this, if it's OK with you, and as long as you really honestly don't mind, but for the third time. I HAD the number.

I wanted to just double check it was correct.

Not aimed at anyone in particular but far too many people out here pretend that because they tip their maid once a blue moon that their shit doesn't stink and they've never had a pop.
Old May 31st 2011, 4:54 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I prefer to have highly refined white sugar blown up my ass. I'd go apeshit if someone tried smoke.

Anyway... Scamp, I'm afraid you killed it before you started - you didn't ask them how they are and did the necessary small talk. The 'It doesn't matter who I am' was the final nail.
Noted. I'll ask how their family are next time too.

If i said, It's Scamp from the BBC or it's Ben Dover from Assticklersandfaggotsfanclub it would make no difference.
Old May 31st 2011, 4:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Scamp- why didn't you just call the number to double check directly?
Old May 31st 2011, 5:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Scamp- why didn't you just call the number to double check directly?
That would have been too easy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.