It's a girl!!

Old May 4th 2015, 9:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: It's a girl!!

Originally Posted by Dumbo
This.

Plus the reception that they receive in most countries abroad is good for the UK. It is usually front page headlines when a Royal is visiting, or due to visit. Case in point being Harry's trip to NZ, which has only just been surpassed by the baby news.

I must admit that I prefer the younger lot to the older ones.
Difficulty is the huge wealth they collectively have versus a lot of intangible or hard to calculate offerings.

Still, as you say, they're a positive 'brand' globally.

Originally Posted by Meow
Old May 4th 2015, 11:08 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Difficulty is the huge wealth they collectively have versus a lot of intangible or hard to calculate offerings.

But what would be the point of having a poor Royal Family living on a council estate? I can't imagine that they would attract much worldwide attention.

My only criticism is that they don't do enough eccentric things.
Old May 4th 2015, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

They're not that wealthy, not billionaire level.

Much of the appearance of wealth is tied up in assets that either aren't theirs personally, like the crown estates, palaces or most of the art collection, or which would cause a huge controversy if they attempted to sell it, so they don't.

If you get down to the amount of quids HMTQ has in her own bank accounts, it's a tidy sum but I'd be surprised if it went above a hundred million. Chump change to an oligarch or the Beckhams. The Al Nayhans and Makhtoums are much richer.

Originally Posted by Scamp

Old May 4th 2015, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

themajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
They're not that wealthy, not billionaire level.

Much of the appearance of wealth is tied up in assets that either aren't theirs personally, like the crown estates, palaces or most of the art collection, or which would cause a huge controversy if they attempted to sell it, so they don't.

If you get down to the amount of quids HMTQ has in her own bank accounts, it's a tidy sum but I'd be surprised if it went above a hundred million. Chump change to an oligarch or the Beckhams. The Al Nayhans and Makhtoums are much richer.
This gives an insight to her wealth.

How Much Is Queen Elizabeth Worth?
Queen Elizabeth II Queen Elizabeth II may live in Buckingham Palace and enjoy one of the world’s most stunning jewelry and art collections, but she falls far short of making the Forbes Billionaires list. Forbes pegs the world’s best-known reigning monarch at a relative pauper’s sum of $420 million.

That’s because the Queen, who marked her 49th year on the throne in February, doesn’t actually own many of her brightest baubles like the crown jewels or the palace. These items technically belong to the British state, much like the White House is the property of the U.S. government.

What is hers: a handful of properties, including Balmoral Estate in Scotland, which has a castle and 50,000 acres of woodlands, moors and lochs; and Sandringham Estate, with dozens of houses, 60 acres of gardens and 20,000 acres of forest. The real estate is valued together at approximately $150 million. She also has her own private collections of art, furniture, jewels and horses, worth some $110 million. The rest of the fortune comes from conservative investments in blue chip stocks and bonds.
Old May 4th 2015, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Work Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really nice

What about Diana Rose Elizabeth Anne Margaret

D.R.E.A.M
Old May 4th 2015, 3:28 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
Victoria Charlotte gets my vote
close enough!
But who decides the name in this case? Surely only the parents?
Old May 4th 2015, 3:29 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Work Widow
What about Diana Rose Elizabeth Anne Margaret

D.R.E.A.M
Dream on?
Old May 5th 2015, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Work Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really nice

Dream on
Yeah I know, but I thought I was clever!

But I like Lotte or Lottie for her nickname.
Old May 5th 2015, 3:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Francesca Marina, born on Italian Navy ship after mother rescued in the Med. #DontLetThemDrown : Amnesty UK
Old May 5th 2015, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

I think they should have gone with Hank for their son and Mandy for their girl. Leave the staid and bland names and pick some whimsical but perfectly presentable names used in the English speaking world.