Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

It's footy night.............

It's footy night.............

Old Sep 10th 2009, 11:06 am
  #16  
Hammer for Life
 
BangleMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, for my liking !
Posts: 5,524
BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's footy night.............

Originally Posted by commander View Post
true..i think im gonna never get the chance to see Scotland at a WC finals again.


We played very well, but i we were just not good enough.

At least i can look out for England now, getting through the group stages, all you numpties believing your own press that you have a chance and then laugh as you get put out by Germany again...

happy days..
so whats it like being a nation of losers ?

Releasing the Lockerbie bomber against the wishes of the world except the Libyians themselves, Andy Murray knocked out of the US Open, your national football team 'playing well' but not qualifying for the World Cup......
BangleMan is offline  
Old Sep 10th 2009, 12:22 pm
  #17  
A bubbly-jock...
 
MacScot's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Teneriffe
Posts: 6,262
MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's footy night.............

Originally Posted by BangleMan View Post
so whats it like being a nation of losers ?

Releasing the Lockerbie bomber against the wishes of the world except the Libyians themselves, Andy Murray knocked out of the US Open, your national football team 'playing well' but not qualifying for the World Cup......
The 'world's wishes' have got absolutely nothing to do with the correct application of Scots laws on compassionate release on licence of terminally ill prisoners who comply with release criteria, irrespective of the crime committed.

How many times was Henman knocked out of various competitions?

..err...England failed to qualify for the World Cup in 1974 and 1978, whereas Scotland did in those years.

Also, for internationals between Scotland and England, England have won 45, Scotland 41, and there have been 24 draws. Not so bad for a small country ! Plus England have 10-times the population from which to draw good players.

Notwithstanding, I'll be backing England in the World Cup, of course !
MacScot is offline  
Old Sep 10th 2009, 12:51 pm
  #18  
Hammer for Life
 
BangleMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, for my liking !
Posts: 5,524
BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's footy night.............

Originally Posted by MacScot View Post
The 'world's wishes' have got absolutely nothing to do with the correct application of Scots laws on compassionate release on licence of terminally ill prisoners who comply with release criteria, irrespective of the crime committed.

How many times was Henman knocked out of various competitions?

..err...England failed to qualify for the World Cup in 1974 and 1978, whereas Scotland did in those years.

Also, for internationals between Scotland and England, England have won 45, Scotland 41, and there have been 24 draws. Not so bad for a small country ! Plus England have 10-times the population from which to draw good players.

Notwithstanding, I'll be backing England in the World Cup, of course !
Oh thats ok then, the Scottish law applies, even though it is entirely wrong on this occassion...

Of cousre, there will be defeats in any sport, but how many times was Henman World No.2, and still failed miserably ?

...err, England won it in 1966, i dont think Scotland have ever won it ?

Yeah, but most, if not all of those victory's were in the mickey mouse competition called the 'Home Internationals', so if thats what counts, fill ya boots.....take what you can out of that

I would consider New Zealand a small country, and they havent done too bad at Rugby in the past have they, despite other countries having 10 times the population ?

Face it, you are a bunch of losers !
BangleMan is offline  
Old Sep 10th 2009, 2:29 pm
  #19  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Inselaffen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 13,547
Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's footy night.............

if we are talking of wrongful release of Prisoners, what right did the British government have to Pardon someone found guilty in another country? he was only transferred to a British jail to make things easier for him and his family. It wouldnt have happened if he wasn't scouse. England's professional victims

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...de/8247833.stm
Inselaffen is offline  
Old Sep 10th 2009, 2:35 pm
  #20  
A bubbly-jock...
 
MacScot's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Teneriffe
Posts: 6,262
MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's footy night.............

Originally Posted by BangleMan View Post
Oh thats ok then, the Scottish law applies, even though it is entirely wrong on this occassion...

Of cousre, there will be defeats in any sport, but how many times was Henman World No.2, and still failed miserably ?

...err, England won it in 1966, i dont think Scotland have ever won it ?

Yeah, but most, if not all of those victory's were in the mickey mouse competition called the 'Home Internationals', so if thats what counts, fill ya boots.....take what you can out of that

I would consider New Zealand a small country, and they havent done too bad at Rugby in the past have they, despite other countries having 10 times the population ?

Face it, you are a bunch of losers !

Wasn't wrong decision...history will show. It showed that Scots law is based justice tempered by compassion...same as England, but not justice tempered by vengeance like that of the USA.

Yeah..and Scotland beat them at their first international game 3-2 in the 66-67 season !
MacScot is offline  
Old Sep 10th 2009, 2:38 pm
  #21  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 13,553
The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's footy night.............

Originally Posted by commander View Post
true..i think im gonna never get the chance to see Scotland at a WC finals again.


We played very well, but i we were just not good enough.

At least i can look out for England now, getting through the group stages, all you numpties believing your own press that you have a chance and then laugh as you get put out by Germany again...

happy days..
Can't see Germany beating England right now....... and who says they will even qualify? Away to Russia next, the winner of which will win the group.

By the way - Scotland would have had - and Norway DO have - a genuine grievance about the way their (five-team) qualifying group has already finished..... thus giving the would-be runners-up in the six-team groups prior knowledge of what they have to do to become one of the "Best Runners-Up" and thus qualify for the play-offs.

We now know that any runner-up with more than 16 points MUST reach the play-offs.

Poor fixture planning.

Last edited by The Dean; Sep 10th 2009 at 2:39 pm. Reason: know
The Dean is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.