British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   It's all gone quiet... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/its-all-gone-quiet-722495/)

Bahtatboy Jun 26th 2011 2:38 pm

It's all gone quiet...

...am I the only one left?

OleJanx Jun 26th 2011 2:47 pm

Re: It's all gone quiet...

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 9458116)

Not yet.

Bahtatboy Jun 26th 2011 2:48 pm

Damn. I was hoping to have this all to myself.

kittycat1 Jun 26th 2011 2:49 pm

Im here with bells on :D off out in a bit though

Millsyisland Jun 27th 2011 8:51 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9458131)
Im here with bells on :D off out in a bit though

Are you a Morris dancer?

Meow Jun 27th 2011 8:52 am

Not around much as busy and sulking.

;)

Bahtatboy Jun 27th 2011 9:07 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9459267)
Not around much as busy and sulking.

;)

Yeah, I can spin out a bit of righteous indignation for days if I really want to.:D

Morecambe Mindy Jun 27th 2011 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 9458116)

Still lurking:sneaky:

norsk Jun 27th 2011 9:24 am

people are probably shit scared of offending anyone, saying something racist or putting down religion in general! like someone else mentioned we should just get back to making everything about sex...

if everyone starts lurking this forum will turn into a real hoot :rofl:

Bahtatboy Jun 27th 2011 9:34 am

Is there any correlation between the outcome of how you're assessed for life insurance and for an annuity? I've not been there yet, but I rather suspect that insurance companies are a bit like car dealers: when you want to buy, "This model's very popular at the moment", and when you want to sell, "We've got 300 of these parked in the back, nobody wants them now". If I'm going to pay higher life insurance premiums coz of my physical condition, I want the same discount / advantage applied to an annuity when I buy one.

Bahtatboy Jun 27th 2011 9:36 am

Originally Posted by norsk (Post 9459316)
people are probably shit scared of offending anyone, saying something racist or putting down religion in general! like someone else mentioned we should just get back to making everything about sex...

if everyone starts lurking this forum will turn into a real hoot :rofl:

I'm trying desperately of finding something offensive to say about Scandinavians--just for the hell of it--but can't. Rollmops.

norsk Jun 27th 2011 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 9459331)
Is there any correlation between the outcome of how you're assessed for life insurance and for an annuity? I've not been there yet, but I rather suspect that insurance companies are a bit like car dealers: when you want to buy, "This model's very popular at the moment", and when you want to sell, "We've got 300 of these parked in the back, nobody wants them now". If I'm going to pay higher life insurance premiums coz of my physical condition, I want the same discount / advantage applied to an annuity when I buy one.

for some reason i suspect that this reply was meant for a different thread..however i do agree with the sentiment..

norsk Jun 27th 2011 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 9459333)
I'm trying desperately of finding something offensive to say about Scandinavians--just for the hell of it--but can't. Rollmops.

actually i had never seen a rollmop until moving to the uk and walking into a polish cornershop (polski sklep or something..), but we have a lot of herring in norway. i hate it though. it is utterly disgusting..

thanks for trying though. i appreciate it..you bastard!:rofl:

Meow Jun 27th 2011 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 9459331)

You want me to give advice?? :rolleyes:

Impaired life annuities are available. You are medically underwritten and if deemed to have a shorter life expectancy then a higher annuity rate is applied, thus giving you a higher income. Of course, if life expectancy is that poor, you'd be better off not taking an annuity, as there is no longer a requirement to do so. Income drawdown may be better.

(That's AED 1,000 please!)

Bahtatboy Jun 27th 2011 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 9459378)
You want me to give advice?? :rolleyes:

Impaired life annuities are available. You are medically underwritten and if deemed to have a shorter life expectancy then a higher annuity rate is applied, thus giving you a higher income. Of course, if life expectancy is that poor, you'd be better off not taking an annuity, as there is no longer a requirement to do so. Income drawdown may be better.

(That's AED 1,000 please!)

Thanks. The Czech's in the post:D