Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Israel 'prepared to attack' Iran nuclear plants

Israel 'prepared to attack' Iran nuclear plants

Old Mar 3rd 2009, 6:54 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Israel 'prepared to attack' Iran nuclear plants

Originally Posted by Beard Man
unfortunatly people will continue making more weapons untill the consume power and nature resources.
We have very different views of what the future might look like Beard Man.

If you had asked a leading scientist just 30 years ago about why biological organisms have a limited lifespan he would probably have said he didn't know and didn't really think we'd ever know. Today we not only know why people grow old and die but we are fast learning ways that we can not only slow aging but make ourselves "immortal" (to the extent old age won't kill us). It's not only feasible but likely your children and/or grandchildren will be able to allow future generations of your family to have lives with an almost infinite span. [Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telomere]

This then to me should be the future, not petty squabbles about materialism but the ability to live longer lives, prosper and find happiness. If you thought the moral questions posed today by science are difficult spare a thought for your children, wait and see how many more sacred cows will be butchered in their lifetimes.

"And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil." - Chapter 3 of The Book of Genesis, King James Bible.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Israel 'prepared to attack' Iran nuclear plants

can you explain and tell me what you mean? and what direction you think i am going to?
the dreaded conspiracy route.....
http://www.nysun.com/foreign/darfur-...visited/33624/
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
They do...they have bunker busters and they also have nuclear submarines which can launch nukes or other unpleasant things anywhere they like...

...of course if the Iranian leadership were to stop calling for the destruction of Israel and having it's "death to America" day parades it might stop some of the more jittery Israeli military leadership from planning a well co-ordinated strike on anything important in Iran and save everyone a lot of grief.

Who knows, the Iranians leaders might wake up one day and remember their ancestors were staunch allies of Israel way back in the day before they became Muslims but that would probably be asking too much of the Ayatollahs

N.
Another example of norm, lying and talking utter crap!

Id like to know where your sources come from RE:Iranian leadership were to stop calling for the destruction of Israel.

You know as well as i do that was never said......

More propaganda from Norm the Israeli lover.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 9:30 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
We have very different views of what the future might look like Beard Man.

If you had asked a leading scientist just 30 years ago about why biological organisms have a limited lifespan he would probably have said he didn't know and didn't really think we'd ever know. Today we not only know why people grow old and die but we are fast learning ways that we can not only slow aging but make ourselves "immortal" (to the extent old age won't kill us). It's not only feasible but likely your children and/or grandchildren will be able to allow future generations of your family to have lives with an almost infinite span. [Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telomere]

This then to me should be the future, not petty squabbles about materialism but the ability to live longer lives, prosper and find happiness. If you thought the moral questions posed today by science are difficult spare a thought for your children, wait and see how many more sacred cows will be butchered in their lifetimes.

"And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil." - Chapter 3 of The Book of Genesis, King James Bible.

science can improve the health of people but can never increase the life span of anyone as a muslim i know that it is decided from day one of his birth.

when you a normal man eats healthy food that is not genaticlly or chemickly played with ... he is likely to have a better health.

the same man if he eats and drinks crap ..and smoke or do some other bad habits that effects his health.. he is likely to have worse health.

isn't it ?

sceince can ease the results of bad habits for the second man or provide medecin to cure his illnesses ...but for the first one .. what else can they provide?

by the way the wikipedia link you posted is not working ..
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 9:38 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by B Bear

i went through the first 3 or 4 paragraphs in the link ... so according to this link .. Jews and US are behind it? right?

i don't know if it is true or not ... but i know one thing for a fact

there is no normal people can fight againest and organized army without logistic support.

they need weapons
they need training on those weapons
they need someone familiar with military tactics.
they need Ammunitions

and all that are very expensive isn't it ??? how did those fighters in Darfur continue to resiste the Sudanees army from 2003 until now ??

you tell me.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

science can improve the health of people but can never increase the life span of anyone as a muslim i know that it is decided from day one of his birth.

when you a normal man eats healthy food that is not genaticlly or chemickly played with ... he is likely to have a better health.

the same man if he eats and drinks crap ..and smoke or do some other bad habits that effects his health.. he is likely to have worse health.

isn't it ?

sceince can ease the results of bad habits for the second man or provide medecin to cure his illnesses ...but for the first one .. what else can they provide?

by the way the wikipedia link you posted is not working ..
That's an interesting point of view.

Are you saying that you believe that the time and manner of your death is pre-determined at the moment that you are born?

In which case, if you jumped out of your office window right now, would you survive? Or would you die because God had decided to make you want to jump at that particular time?
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 9:55 am
Banned

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
That's an interesting point of view.

Are you saying that you believe that the time and manner of your death is pre-determined at the moment that you are born?

In which case, if you jumped out of your office window right now, would you survive? Or would you die because God had decided to make you want to jump at that particular time?

lets not take me as an example lol

but generally speaking yes death is already decided when it will happen... and God knows everything that will happen in the future

which means when he decides that some will die at this moment .. he knew before that he will die because he did so and so.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 10:01 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really agree with you there. Almost all food has been bred via artificial selection from a wild variety so in a way genes have always been tampered with.

More recently as an example rice has been genetically engineered to contain lysine to improve micronutrient deficiencies, such as the lack of vitamin A, iodine, iron or zinc in countries which consume a lot of rice as a staple of their diet. This will improve peoples health and life expectancy.

Well living a healthy life reduces your chances of disease. Try as you might though if you have a gene you inherited from your parents for, say, diabetes then you may eventually get the disease. You can be tested for the gene, you can be tested to see if you have developed the disease and if you have it a doctor can perscribe you insulin which will allow you to live despite the disease.

Even those without diseases benefit, genetic engineering has increased crop yields which in turn reduces cost. What has science furnished us with? Well this morning I got up to my alarm clock and flicked on the electric light. I waddled to the bathroom in my polymer based pink furry bunny slippers, turned on the tap which delivered water pumped from my insulated water cylinder. I grabbed my bodywash (which is an amazing cocktail of chemicals)...

Still, what has science ever done for us?
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

lets not take me as an example lol

but generally speaking yes death is already decided when it will happen... and God knows everything that will happen in the future

which means when he decides that some will die at this moment .. he knew before that he will die because he did so and so.
That's too bad, I had it in mind to try an experiment
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 10:20 am
Banned

I don't really agree with you there. Almost all food has been bred via artificial selection from a wild variety so in a way genes have always been tampered with.

More recently as an example rice has been genetically engineered to contain lysine to improve micronutrient deficiencies, such as the lack of vitamin A, iodine, iron or zinc in countries which consume a lot of rice as a staple of their diet. This will improve peoples health and life expectancy.

Well living a healthy life reduces your chances of disease. Try as you might though if you have a gene you inherited from your parents for, say, diabetes then you may eventually get the disease. You can be tested for the gene, you can be tested to see if you have developed the disease and if you have it a doctor can perscribe you insulin which will allow you to live despite the disease.

Even those without diseases benefit, genetic engineering has increased crop yields which in turn reduces cost. What has science furnished us with? Well this morning I got up to my alarm clock and flicked on the electric light. I waddled to the bathroom in my polymer based pink furry bunny slippers, turned on the tap which delivered water pumped from my insulated water cylinder. I grabbed my bodywash (which is an amazing cocktail of chemicals)...

Still, what has science ever done for us?

i have never said that science didn't do good things to us..
but there are two things that i am worried about

first the lack of information i have about this genetically changes that is happening to plants, animals and possibly humans in the future.

the second the side effect of these changes ... and are there some side effects that are hidden and will appear only in the future.

we will still wait to see.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 10:21 am
Banned

That's too bad, I had it in mind to try an experiment

From my side i don't mind that you try this experment with Meaw if she accepts LOL
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

From my side i don't mind that you try this experment with Meaw if she accepts LOL
Hahaaaaaaaaaaaa! You're developing quite a sense of humour, ya akhee...

Now, tell me something. When a person does a bad thing, is it his choice to commit the sin or is it the influence of Shaitan?
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 10:39 am
Banned

Hahaaaaaaaaaaaa! You're developing quite a sense of humour, ya akhee...

Now, tell me something. When a person does a bad thing, is it his choice to commit the sin or is it the influence of Shaitan?

Shaitan will always ask the man to do bad things or to make him lazy in doing good things.

but he is just asking them not having any kind of influence over humans ... and it is their choice then to go a head or not.

but sometimes ... the call to do a bad thing is not from the shaitan himself ..sometimes you can call it a bilt in call .. the human him self is bad enough to think of doing something bad and do it.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 10:44 am
Truth is the safest lie.

ifirst the lack of information i have about this genetically changes that is happening to plants, animals and possibly humans in the future.
www.howstuffworks.com is good for basic explanations on the subject.

Some nice videos here on the subject of GE and food production: http://videos.howstuffworks.com/hsw/...ture-video.htm

GE, even for westerners is still a very hot potatoe. I would estimate only 20% of the population really understands genetic modification, the media has always looked for horror outcomes and scared people (as with all new technology, the first cars where limited to 3mph and had to have a bloke with a flag walking in front of them). It's really only 50 years since we started to work this all out and the movement has been very rapid as the technology has proved exceedingly useful in saving and improving lives.

Of course while I talk about GE a lot but physicists have their Large Hadron Collider (LHC) to play with and Chemists seem to be busy trying to figure out how to turn tarsand, sunlight, seawater etc. into cheap petrol and electricity.
the second the side effect of these changes ... and are there some side effects that are hidden and will appear only in the future.

we will still wait to see.
That's really what genetic engineering and testing is about. We are far from knowing how all life works, all we can do is try some things in a lab and see what happens. Then try to explain the observations in terms of the chemistry involved.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 10:49 am
Banned

www.howstuffworks.com is good for basic explanations on the subject.

Some nice videos here on the subject of GE and food production: http://videos.howstuffworks.com/hsw/...ture-video.htm

GE, even for westerners is still a very hot potatoe. I would estimate only 20% of the population really understands genetic modification, the media has always looked for horror outcomes and scared people (as with all new technology, the first cars where limited to 3mph and had to have a bloke with a flag walking in front of them). It's really only 50 years since we started to work this all out and the movement has been very rapid as the technology has proved exceedingly useful in saving and improving lives.

Of course while I talk about GE a lot but physicists have their Large Hadron Collider (LHC) to play with and Chemists seem to be busy trying to figure out how to turn tarsand, sunlight, seawater etc. into cheap petrol and electricity.
That's really what genetic engineering and testing is about. We are far from knowing how all life works, all we can do is try some things in a lab and see what happens. Then try to explain the observations in terms of the chemistry involved.

Thanks alot mate

do you fancy going to Marina mall tonight (hard walls) one of my friends is comming over from dubai .. and we will likely be there in marina mall

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.