Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Israel appears to rehearse Iran attack

Israel appears to rehearse Iran attack

Old Jun 21st 2008, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

Alexander_el_magdouni is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Israel appears to rehearse Iran attack

Has anybody read the recent reports of Israel rehearsal ?

What would be the implication on Dubai Economy ?...

Any thoughts....

Alexi
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 2:00 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Israel appears to rehearse Iran attack

...yours?
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alexander_el_magdouni

Any thoughts....

Alexi
Sale of gas masks will go up. Also you'll need sunglasses with gamma protection if you intend watching the fireworks.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

I suspect the recent raised security alert was really about this. (Rather than overheard conversations in AUH nightspots)

Remember, the UAE does a large amount of trade with Iran, and feelings would run high in the event of any such attack.

Note:

International Atomic Energy Agency head Mohammed Elbaradei said Friday that Iran's nuclear research program was not such as to raise grave concerns at the moment, and that any attack on the research facilities would turn the Middle East into a fireball and force his own resignation. Quotes from the Al-Arabiya interview via Reuters:

"I don't believe that what I see in Iran today is a current, grave and urgent danger. If a military strike is carried out against Iran at this time ... it would make me unable to continue my work . . ."

"A military strike, in my opinion, would be worse than anything possible. It would turn the region into a fireball . . ."

"If you do a military strike, it will mean that Iran, if it is not already making nuclear weapons, will launch a crash course to build nuclear weapons with the blessing of all Iranians, even those in the West."
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 7:09 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

it would become a good time to buy property
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 10:36 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
How'd you figure that?

An attack might scare investors away from the region and cause a market crash...unless you meant a good time to buy in Tel Aviv?

N.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 10:58 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
How'd you figure that?

An attack might scare investors away from the region and cause a market crash...unless you meant a good time to buy in Tel Aviv?

N.
since i firmly believe that the market here is grossly overpriced a nice crash would suit me fine
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 10:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Any thoughts....

Alexi
I hope the rents will go down on this wonderful news...
Also, we need to pull down the price of Coca Cola at Shangrilla...
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 11:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
Exactly...The best time to buy property is during war...
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Confucius
Exactly...The best time to buy property is during war...
Could we see a a huge raise in Dubai rent ? ...I am guessing there will be a floud of Iranians crossing over to Dubai ( not forgetting lot of iranian with big bucks ), ...
similar to the Iraqis going to Syria...prices in syria went over the roof....just a theory thought....
Old Jun 24th 2008, 5:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Could we see a a huge raise in Dubai rent ? ...I am guessing there will be a floud of Iranians crossing over to Dubai ( not forgetting lot of iranian with big bucks ), ...
similar to the Iraqis going to Syria...prices in syria went over the roof....just a theory thought....
Of course the theory is that war brings prices to a very low level because people flee affected areas and/or people with property would be strapped for cash...After the war ends, rebuilding begins, so a construction boom scenario follows...
Old Jun 24th 2008, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Confucius
Of course the theory is that war brings prices to a very low level because people flee affected areas and/or people with property would be strapped for cash...After the war ends, rebuilding begins, so a construction boom scenario follows...
...mm...I think I better start new degree in Construction or similar..get prepared for post war boom...!!! ....
Old Jun 25th 2008, 5:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

...mm...I think I better start new degree in Construction or similar..get prepared for post war boom...!!! ....
A degree won't buy you real estate...The new AED200 bills will...