Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Islam's war on freedom....

Islam's war on freedom....

Old Feb 15th 2009, 11:43 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Islam's war on freedom....

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
It wasnt me, I blame RK and promise I only meant very goodness things and nothing more or less...

I think she knows already she knew before this even happened
Omnipotent....
Old Feb 15th 2009, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Jacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really nice

Originally Posted by benzonar
Pascal's Wager - dearie me - that really is an old chesnut.

Which religious folks would be right though? There have been shitloads of religions and they can't all be right - therefore I think the odds of a non-believer being treated sympathetically over a religious person is quite high. If there was a god (which there isn't) he is more likely to look favourably on someone who did good for the sake of their fellow man, rather than someone who did good for purely selfish reasons (to get into an imagined heaven).
And there was me thinking I thought of that one myself! :curse:

Yes, there was an Eve-type character. Hawwa (Eve) was the wife of the first human and first prophet Aadam.

As for Pascal- I don't know about that tbh; it was my own way of trying to clarify what I meant: that I don't feel like I am wasting my life. What am I missing out on, seriously? I can do more things than I 'can't' do, I'm living a normal family life, etc.

As for proof; most people who ask this haven't actually read the Qur'an. The Qur'an is the most important proof, obviously, at it is the tangible result of 23 years of revelation to Muhammad and most of the questions asked here are answered in it or in books of exegesis. I have my own personal experiences which to me prove that I what I'm doing is worthwhile.

Tbh, I don't say how you can say it's not true unless you have actually read it.

Last edited by Jacquie77; Feb 15th 2009 at 1:45 pm.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 1:56 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beard Man
if people here are entitled to their opinion and have the right to say it loudly don't you think i have the same rights?

some people in here said in many threads that they don't believe in God (that's up to them)

some people in here said they think they are descended from monkeys (that's up to them)

and i am here simply entitled to say what my opinion is (it is up to me)

don't you think so

please don't tell me that you will make a complain about my post here cause it will look like you are a little child who keeps going to the teacher complaining about others every while and then .. why don't you transfere from this school lol
I asked you very politely, yet you persist in making those snide remarks. I suggest you consider your own behaviour.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 2:07 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

it is very difficult to use the translator to translate the names .. how ever these are most of them .... but not in order
Perhaps you should just use the original Hebrew names instead then - am sure they're on the web somewhere?

N.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 2:14 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jacquie77
And there was me thinking I thought of that one myself! :curse:

Yes, there was an Eve-type character. Hawwa (Eve) was the wife of the first human and first prophet Aadam.

As for Pascal- I don't know about that tbh; it was my own way of trying to clarify what I meant: that I don't feel like I am wasting my life. What am I missing out on, seriously? I can do more things than I 'can't' do, I'm living a normal family life, etc.

As for proof; most people who ask this haven't actually read the Qur'an. The Qur'an is the most important proof, obviously, at it is the tangible result of 23 years of revelation to Muhammad and most of the questions asked here are answered in it or in books of exegesis. I have my own personal experiences which to me prove that I what I'm doing is worthwhile.

Tbh, I don't say how you can say it's not true unless you have actually read it.

Hoe does reading what is written in a book make it true?

-
Old Feb 15th 2009, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Jacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really nice

It doesn't make it true.

I mean how can you say it isn't true if you don't even know what it says.

It's like saying something tastes nasty when you've never even eaten it.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 2:40 pm
Bored liberal

It doesn't make it true.

I mean how can you say it isn't true if you don't even know what it says.

It's like saying something tastes nasty when you've never even eaten it.

Well, for the record I have read most of it (you shouldn't make such assumptions) and I still don't believe it. I have also read hundreds of other books, if not thousands, and didn't believe them either, although Hitchhikers Guide was very plausible...

-
Old Feb 15th 2009, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

It was a very general 'you', not you personally.

Did you read it in Arabic or English? If in English, which translation?
Old Feb 15th 2009, 2:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

as a muslim i believe that we were created from sand.

that's my faith because this is what God said in Quraan.
We were made from sand?

Then how is it possible that some of us can swim??
Old Feb 15th 2009, 2:50 pm
Bored liberal

English. Surely they are roughly the same? The basic tenets will be similar in any language.

Please don't try and tell me that reading a different version will make me believe. It won't.

-
Old Feb 15th 2009, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Meow
English. Surely they are roughly the same? The basic tenets will be similar in any language.

Please don't try and tell me that reading a different version will make me believe. It won't.

-
I wasn't going to say that, I was just asking out of interest.

Who's making assumptions now?

I don't give a monkey's if you believe or not. Why do people ASSUME that all Muslims are out on a recruitment campaign?

Just discussing no more, no less.

ETA; IMO, there's a lot more to it than basic tenets; they aren't actually the biggest selling point.

Last edited by Jacquie77; Feb 15th 2009 at 3:20 pm.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

I've read it, it's not true. Is merely a rehash of the Old and New Testament with some Greek and Hindu philosophy thrown in served up as a revelation, if it was released these days someone would be crying plagiarism.

Its a book of its times, born of ignorance with a healthy dose of supernatural bribery and blackmail. But hey that's just my opinion.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 4:16 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
We were made from sand?
...well it's not too far removed from what scientists say - stardust !
Old Feb 15th 2009, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by benzonar
I've read it, it's not true. Is merely a rehash of the Old and New Testament with some Greek and Hindu philosophy thrown in served up as a revelation, if it was released these days someone would be crying plagiarism.

Its a book of its times, born of ignorance with a healthy dose of supernatural bribery and blackmail. But hey that's just my opinion.
Fairy nuff.

So do you think Muhammad made it all up then?
Old Feb 15th 2009, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Fairy nuff.

So do you think Muhammad made it all up then?
Well I don't think the angel gabriel dictated it to him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.