Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Islam's war on freedom....

Islam's war on freedom....

Old Feb 13th 2009, 5:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Islam's war on freedom....

.... it's Pat Condell, the voice of the people..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIq7t...4A22D&index=43
Old Feb 13th 2009, 8:48 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Islam's war on freedom....

Free speech, so sacred we forgot to enshrine it in law ourselves? There is a whiff of hypocrisy about that TBH.

There always has been a taboo about questioning religion and associated beliefs (With the exception perhaps of Buddhists and Hindu who usually seem more than happy to ask very difficult questions of their faith). There is a reason they call it "faith" not "logic". As many folk will know criticizing religion from a factual standpoint is difficult, perhaps because there is no polite way to in effect say "I think you've wasted your life, and here is why...".

However regardless this is exactly what has happened over the last fifty years. It's religion under seige and many are not happy that this new movement away from traditional conservative belief systems, if not away away from religion itself. You'll see more of this protectionism in the future and, I suspect, in many places the price that will be paid will be in innocent peoples lives in the not too distant future.

If you stop indoctrinating children and start educating them then you will have a problem, they will start to ask questions of their faith that are very difficult to answer and look elsewhere for answers to compare. If you want to propagate a conservative belief system in a country you wouldn't pick an educated society, you would probably want one with at least undereducated women. Start getting kids into schools that preached a syllabus as devoid of modern Sciences, Cosmology, Advanced mathematics and English literature. Then you want to stop the voices of reason or those who "dare" to ask questions. See a pattern?

A time of reckoning is upon us and a critical part of my says it's not religion trying to save sinners but sinners trying to save religion.

That's all, now I need a stiff drink...
Old Feb 13th 2009, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Alen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Islam's war on freedom....

Originally Posted by The Dean

A talking monkey? Kewl!
Old Feb 13th 2009, 4:12 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Pat's a star - tells it like it is and doesn't care what the politically correct appeasement mob think.

We need more people like him - well maybe not exactly like him but you know what I mean

N.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 4:24 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Watched a few of his videos. He doesn't just have it in for Muslims and has upset some fundamentalist Christians too.

He does make some good points but is prone to making crass populist generalisations as well. He used to be a stand up comedian, I think.

By the by, even supposed liberals are getting sick of religion being above criticism. Johann Hari writes in the Independent and has caused a bit of a stir with this article, which was also published in India and upset some people:

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion...s-1517789.html

Last edited by littlejimmy; Feb 13th 2009 at 4:29 pm.
Old Feb 14th 2009, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Jacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Charismatic
As many folk will know criticizing religion from a factual standpoint is difficult, perhaps because there is no polite way to in effect say "I think you've wasted your life, and here is why...".
I don't get that one. How have they wasted their life?

Say if a person's religion turns out to be untrue. After they die, there's no heaven/hell/whatever.

What have they lost out on? They have still lived a good moral life etc.

On the other hand, you get a non-religious person, who when they die, finds out that 'oops bloody hell, those religious folks were right after all!'

Who's in the deeper sh*t?
Old Feb 14th 2009, 6:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jacquie77

Say if a person's religion turns out to be untrue. After they die, there's no heaven/hell/whatever.

On the other hand, you get a non-religious person, who when they die, finds out that 'oops bloody hell, those religious folks were right after all!'

If there IS a God, I'll be having words with him if I ever get to meet him...........
Old Feb 14th 2009, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

Jacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really nice

If there IS a God, I'll be having words with him if I ever get to meet him...........
I expect He feels the same way ...
Old Feb 14th 2009, 6:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I expect He feels the same way ...
No need for the 'capital H' thank you...............
Old Feb 14th 2009, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

No need for the 'capital H' thank you...............
Just a quicker way of referring to a deity innit?
Old Feb 14th 2009, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Pascal's Wager - dearie me - that really is an old chesnut.

Which religious folks would be right though? There have been shitloads of religions and they can't all be right - therefore I think the odds of a non-believer being treated sympathetically over a religious person is quite high. If there was a god (which there isn't) he is more likely to look favourably on someone who did good for the sake of their fellow man, rather than someone who did good for purely selfish reasons (to get into an imagined heaven).
Old Feb 15th 2009, 4:45 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Pascal's wager was proven erroneous a long time ago.

To summerise how does said person know their particular religion is true. What of Odin is the real deity and all monotheists are going to be punished when they die?

How can anyone know which of the thousands of deities and religions is the right one?

N.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 7:19 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

there is only one God who created everything.

who sent messengres to people to worship him the way he wants and according to the way explained by those messengres.

he sent messengres to different nations, tribes group of people in the past until the last messnger was sent to everyone with the last holy book.

there is only one god.

there is only one messngre to be followed.

there is only one unchanged or modified holy book.

weather people like it or not but many people are becoming muslimes everywhere. maybe what bin ladin and the rest of the stuiped terorists did is slowing the process but many will join islam because they want to and because they will believe in islam.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 7:22 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beard Man
there is only one God who created everything.

who sent messengres to people to worship him the way he wants and according to the way explained by those messengres.

he sent messengres to different nations, tribes group of people in the past until the last messnger was sent to everyone with the last holy book.

there is only one god.

there is only one messngre to be followed.

there is only one unchanged or modified holy book.

weather people like it or not but many people are becoming muslimes everywhere. maybe what bin ladin and the rest of the stuiped terorists did is slowing the process but many will join islam because they want to and because they will believe in islam.
Ive always liked that particular one.... "Im the last one he's gonna send, so dont go believing anyone after me that, basically, does what I'm doing now..."..

Gotta hand it to him, he was smart, that guy....
Old Feb 15th 2009, 7:40 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Ive always liked that particular one.... "Im the last one he's gonna send, so dont go believing anyone after me that, basically, does what I'm doing now..."..

Gotta hand it to him, he was smart, that guy....

show me just one who did what Mohammad did and what did he present to the world.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.