British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Irish Village (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/irish-village-607041/)

NorthernLad May 4th 2009 9:38 am

Irish Village

I just heard part of an advert on the radio - missed most of it. Sounded like drinks for 19dhs in the Irish Village?

Anyone know about this?

Spugsy May 4th 2009 9:56 am

Re: Irish Village

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 7539366)
I just heard part of an advert on the radio - missed most of it. Sounded like drinks for 19dhs in the Irish Village?

Anyone know about this?

its still not that cheap though really is it?

Morecambe Mindy May 4th 2009 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7539408)

Nope but its cheapER. Bet its not at weekend though!

NorthernLad May 4th 2009 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7539408)

By most of Dubai standards it is...we never bother converting back to pounds anymore, so 19dh a pint is not bad.

rowell May 4th 2009 10:01 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 7539415)
By most of Dubai standards it is...we never bother converting back to pounds anymore, so 19dh a pint is not bad.

Yes thats one of the problems when you convert, you are right you shouldnt really when you are getting paid in dhs and spend in dhs, but I do it automatically

lionheart May 4th 2009 10:22 am

Its a Nineties Festival on Thurs 14th May with 90s music and drinks at 90s prices. That's what I heard, but no idea why they are doing it. Some kiddies stuff will be provided too, bouncy castles and such like.

Meow May 4th 2009 10:58 am

Cheap drinks at The Westin every other Monday evening....

Happy Mondaze is the newest night to hit Dubai. Targeting the after work crowd, Happy Mondaze kicks straight in at 6pm on a Monday evening at Senyar, the specialty Vodka Bar at the Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi , a stone’s throw from Dubai Media City. This is a regular event and the next event is on Monday 4th May, from 6.00pm. Pints of beer at a fantastic Dhs15!

:thumbup:

Organised by mates. You going Spugsy?

-

Spugsy May 4th 2009 10:58 am

Originally Posted by rowell (Post 7539422)
Yes thats one of the problems when you convert, you are right you shouldnt really when you are getting paid in dhs and spend in dhs, but I do it automatically

me too, I can't stop it.

Spugsy May 4th 2009 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 7539547)
Cheap drinks at The Westin every other Monday evening....

Happy Mondaze is the newest night to hit Dubai. Targeting the after work crowd, Happy Mondaze kicks straight in at 6pm on a Monday evening at Senyar, the specialty Vodka Bar at the Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi , a stone’s throw from Dubai Media City. This is a regular event and the next event is on Monday 4th May, from 6.00pm. Pints of beer at a fantastic Dhs15!

:thumbup:

Organised by mates. You going Spugsy?

-

man I play footy every monday, Peter is chewing my lugs off to come but I just can;t make it.

Meow May 4th 2009 11:00 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7539550)
man I play footy every monday, Peter is chewing my lugs off to come but I just can;t make it.

Never mind. Sure my bloke will drink your share...

-

NorthernLad May 4th 2009 11:08 am

We were at The Observatory last Thursday - half price drinks 5-7, then at 7 let you buy another 4 drinks that they would keep behind bar until you are ready.
I think they do the happy hour every night, fantastic view as well.

Morecambe Mindy May 4th 2009 11:41 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 7539562)
We were at The Observatory last Thursday - half price drinks 5-7, then at 7 let you buy another 4 drinks that they would keep behind bar until you are ready.
I think they do the happy hour every night, fantastic view as well.

God my Thursday night out would end very early if I started at 5!!!

Anyone got any other cheaper Thursday night out ideas?

seraphnina May 4th 2009 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy (Post 7539627)

Yeah stay home. :tounge_smile:

Meow May 4th 2009 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy (Post 7539627)

Aussie Legends - free pink sparkling wine for ladies from 6.00 to 9.00pm. And there is a good band.

-

Jim Smith May 4th 2009 12:30 pm

. And there is a good band.

-[/QUOTE]
Got bit of a shock today at lunchtime! I nipped into Fibber Magees for the first time in about 3 years and asked for a bottle of Heiniken. When the bill came it was like a Manni Paquio(spelling) left hook...............30 Dhms.

Managed to remain on the stool, but only just!