IPOD help

Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:18 am

Coxy the Bear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IPOD help

Going slightly off topic, but I've just had to change my laptop to on with Vista instead of XP. When I transferred my Music from my Hard Drive, what used to be 23Gb is now only 17Gb. I haven't lost any music, and after loading my iPod, everything works fine. Does Vista somehow magically compress the Music files?!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

dramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Coxy the Bear
Going slightly off topic, but I've just had to change my laptop to on with Vista instead of XP. When I transferred my Music from my Hard Drive, what used to be 23Gb is now only 17Gb. I haven't lost any music, and after loading my iPod, everything works fine. Does Vista somehow magically compress the Music files?!
how did you get your ipod to sync with a new laptop?? mine kept saying it would wipe it so i havent sync it for last few weeks since bought shiny new laptop...

do i have to manually do it?
Old Apr 10th 2008, 11:21 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dramaqueen
how did you get your ipod to sync with a new laptop?? mine kept saying it would wipe it so i havent sync it for last few weeks since bought shiny new laptop...

its dead easy on a mac, there's always problems on PCs with iPods.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

dramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Spugsy
its dead easy on a mac, there's always problems on PCs with iPods.
well that sucks
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:34 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

I had my music on external hard drive so just downloaded itunes again pluged in hard drive and went through the prompts. But saying that it is knackered now so whether I did it right or not is another matter.

Was going to buy a new one today but realised the new ones are much slimmer than mine so don't know if it will fit into my bose dock. Never straightforward is it...
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:43 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fairydust
I had my music on external hard drive so just downloaded itunes again pluged in hard drive and went through the prompts. But saying that it is knackered now so whether I did it right or not is another matter.

Was going to buy a new one today but realised the new ones are much slimmer than mine so don't know if it will fit into my bose dock. Never straightforward is it...
it'll still fit
Old Apr 10th 2008, 1:00 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Oh good was quite liking the slim touch one
Old Apr 10th 2008, 1:04 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Fairydust
Oh good was quite liking the slim touch one
I've got some iPod speakers and it fits my nano and my 3rd gen iPod. It's the bit at the bottom that fits in, they all have the same.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 11:31 pm

Coxy the Bear is an unknown quantity at this point

It will wipe it, ut providing you have the music to replace it on your new lap top, it will wipe then over write. There is a program you can download called Ipod toPc which you can transfer your music from the iPod to iTunes and then resync.