iPhones in UAe

Old Oct 15th 2011, 4:23 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: iPhones in UAe

Originally Posted by scot-ish
its a wee bit faster, and got iCloud, so you can sync to itunes without a cable, otherwise im not too sure on what else it brings.
Other than a much bigger price tag!

It seems to have a lot of voice activated functions which I think is the major addition (I checked it out after posting)
Old Oct 15th 2011, 4:37 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i900...review-500.php
Old Oct 15th 2011, 6:29 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
Hey Spugsy, are you going for the Apple? The iPhone 5 is retailing at a ridiculous 5000 aed on Emirates avenue.

I'm also looking at the Apple 4 32 gb vs Galaxy S2 quandary.

Everything I seem to read points to the S2 being the obvious choice, but the brand name of Apple seems to be (irrationally) drawing me to it.

Which are you going for?

I currently have the Blackberry Torch which I bought for 2,600 aed last October, but am going too sell it to change brand - haven't been too impressed by it. Reviews of the new Blackberrys (touch and Bold) seem to say they are still behind the times. That, with the latest fiasco put me off getting another Blackberry.

ps if you buy iPhone, my daughter might be interested in buying your iPod touch.
looking for the iPhone 4s, will check it out.

I've got an iPod touch spare actually, the older model with no camera on and a few scratches if you're interested?
Old Oct 16th 2011, 7:16 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
looking for the iPhone 4s, will check it out.

I've got an iPod touch spare actually, the older model with no camera on and a few scratches if you're interested?
Did you check the UAE Apple Store? I expect you may need to wait a few more weeks, but better than having your wallet emptied from some of the resellers here.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 4:11 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Did you check the UAE Apple Store? I expect you may need to wait a few more weeks, but better than having your wallet emptied from some of the resellers here.
Any idea how much the iPhone 4S will cost in UAE?
Old Oct 17th 2011, 6:12 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
oh I'll wait a while, there's crazy talk about AEd 9.5k for imported ones.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 6:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

After having the piss taken out of me for several hours in regards to my retro phone ( and the fact the battery only lasts about 2 hours) I have decided to take the step and embrace the apple life. So wheres the best place to buy a phone and which one should I go for? I'll be heading back to the UK shortly so could buy a handset there or here? then what do I do- I understand I cant use the same sim card- buut is there anyway I can keep the same number (as I know it off by heart) and do I get a new one 4star plus or the old 4 star thingamebob?
Old Oct 18th 2011, 5:08 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

4397 aed at Emirates Avenue.......

http://www.emiratesavenue.com/buy-in-dubai/index.php
Old Oct 18th 2011, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

flood2 will become famous soon enoughflood2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kittycat1
After having the piss taken out of me for several hours in regards to my retro phone ( and the fact the battery only lasts about 2 hours) I have decided to take the step and embrace the apple life. So wheres the best place to buy a phone and which one should I go for? I'll be heading back to the UK shortly so could buy a handset there or here? then what do I do- I understand I cant use the same sim card- buut is there anyway I can keep the same number (as I know it off by heart) and do I get a new one 4star plus or the old 4 star thingamebob?
If you get one in the UK you should be able to get sim adapted at any mall for 10 AED or so. The ones pin the UK will also allow you to have FaceTime installed. It has not really taken off but is an alternative to Skype. If you are UK ex pat you should be able to get VAT back on purchase.

UAE price will (if it follows the iPhone 4 example) would be similar to UK price without VAT so 2400AED or so, when it goes on sale in December or thereabouts.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 2:07 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Originally Posted by flood2
If you get one in the UK you should be able to get sim adapted at any mall for 10 AED or so. The ones pin the UK will also allow you to have FaceTime installed. It has not really taken off but is an alternative to Skype. If you are UK ex pat you should be able to get VAT back on purchase.

UAE price will (if it follows the iPhone 4 example) would be similar to UK price without VAT so 2400AED or so, when it goes on sale in December or thereabouts.
Do you really think the 4S will be at 2400 aed by December? the Iphone 4 is currently around 2800 at Emirates Avenue a year after it came out.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 2:27 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Do you really think the 4S will be at 2400 aed by December? the Iphone 4 is currently around 2800 at Emirates Avenue a year after it came out.
If the Apple Store UAE introduces them here it then stores such as Emirates Avenue, Jackys, Micro etc. will need to have a rethink.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

flood2 will become famous soon enoughflood2 will become famous soon enough

Apple are currently selling the iPhone 4 direct for 2199AED. I would expect the iPhone 4S to be similar in price here and the 4 will then drop in price just like in the UK.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 3:30 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Originally Posted by flood2
Apple are currently selling the iPhone 4 direct for 2199AED. I would expect the iPhone 4S to be similar in price here and the 4 will then drop in price just like in the UK.
Just looked at it, you're right.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Deleted

Last edited by csdf; Oct 20th 2011 at 7:58 am. Reason: Posted nonsense
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 11:25 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Just bought the Samsung Galaxy S2. 2299 aed with free bluetooth and hard case.

I tried it all out in the Samsung shop.... then Jumbo....... then Sharaf....... then Plug Ins. The voice system seems pretty good.

Nearest iPhone alternative was a 16Gb iPhone 4 at around 2,400 aed, without any voice system.

After asking around most opinion seems to be that the 4S (with Siri) will come on general release around December (just in time for Christmas - in sha allah), probably on contract for around the 2,700 aed mark.

I looked at a number of 'Galaxy S2 vs Iphone 4S' face-offs on youtube and they all came up with the same result - S2 wins on nearly every score. So even if it was available at a comparible price it seems it would not beat the S2

Perhaps when the 4S is cheaper/has come down in price this time next year I'll take another look.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.