Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi Used Car Market

Abu Dhabi Used Car Market

Old Mar 11th 2014, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

shiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud of
Default Abu Dhabi Used Car Market

Hi everyone,
Am looking to buy a couple of cars, 2-3 years old, where's the best place to start, been looking on Dubizzle but wouldn't mind a look around a major second hand dealer to narrow down the makes I'm considering.
Apparently this used to involve a trip down Airport Road but now there's "Motorworld" out near the Airport which sounds like the proverbial commercial car crash according to the press.
Old Mar 11th 2014, 5:03 am
Banned

worldtour is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Abu Dhabi Used Car Market

cool, keep on searching, bet you'll soon find a good deal, look around, you'll get neat cars for sale,,,,goodluck
Old Mar 11th 2014, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

I'm selling my cars in Abu Dhabi but neither falls within the 2-3 year range but cheaper than buying from dealer.

A 14 month old 2013 VW Tiguan for 80k (21,000km on clock)

or a seven year old Jeep Commander for 24k (100,000km on clock)

both owned by me from new. Jeep's AC needs attention hence low price.
Old Mar 11th 2014, 7:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiraz1
Hi everyone,
Am looking to buy a couple of cars, 2-3 years old, where's the best place to start, been looking on Dubizzle but wouldn't mind a look around a major second hand dealer to narrow down the makes I'm considering.
Apparently this used to involve a trip down Airport Road but now there's "Motorworld" out near the Airport which sounds like the proverbial commercial car crash according to the press.
yes all now out at motorworld, go and find al futtain which used to be in mina they are pretty good for second hand stuff. go and look you may actually be surprised... and how can you comment if you havent seen.
Old Mar 11th 2014, 7:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by shiraz1
Hi everyone,
The Automarket out near the airport in Ras al Khor (I think) is brilliant.
Old Mar 11th 2014, 1:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
The Automarket out near the airport in Ras al Khor (I think) is brilliant.
sadly, that's not in Abu Dhabi

For what it's worth, you're better off buying a second hand motor in Dubai than AD.
Old Mar 11th 2014, 7:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse

For what it's worth, you're better off buying a second hand motor in Dubai than AD.
What a dick I am. My bad!
Old Mar 12th 2014, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse

Why? Don't you then have all the faff of changing the registration? Let alone the faff of getting up to Dubai in the first place to see the cars.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by csdf
Why? Don't you then have all the faff of changing the registration? Let alone the faff of getting up to Dubai in the first place to see the cars.
Much bigger selection and, often, lower prices.

Changing the registration is a doddle. As for driving to Dubai, it's hardly a big effort is it.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it's four times the effort of going somewhere local. And that's assuming you find a car and buy it the first time you look.

But I am very lazy.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 10:09 am
Account Closed

Well, it's four times the effort of going somewhere local. And that's assuming you find a car and buy it the first time you look.

But I am very lazy.
Depends doesn't it.

If identical cars are listed, one in Dubai for 50,000 and one in AD for 60,000 I'd be saving myself 10k.

If it's 50,000 and 52,500 I'd be tempted but too lazy
Old Mar 12th 2014, 10:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

But I am very lazy.
I really don't see it a big deal. I've bought cars in Dubai when living in AD, and looked at a car in AD when living in Dubai. It's hardly a hassle to drive between the two... just combine it with another activity.
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

shiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud ofshiraz1 has much to be proud of

Motorworld, what a commercial cock up and waste of a day plus nearly 100k round trip.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Really? Please share as I will eventually have to buy a car.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

Really? Please share as I will eventually have to buy a car.

Lots of half full pitches, depressed dealers all telling the same story of no punters (it was deserted on a Saturday afternoon), found one car to look at among the types we were looking for but its too far to go back for a second look as the same thing pops up on Dubizzle in the city every few days (going to look at one today and can take my wife for a look in the evening if it's suitable) if that was at Motorworld you'd be looking at 400AED in taxis just to view twice.

Felt very sorry for the dealers when we left, it's pot luck trying to get a cab back by the way, order one before you go, better still borrow a car for the day.

One dealer told me he had a couple of cars coming in this week I'd be interested in,but if he phones I'll be asking him to send me photos rather than go out there.
You could do everyone a favour and replace the whole thing with an internet site where the dealer brought the car to the city which interested you, there's no way they'll ever get the footfall out there to make it work.

Last edited by shiraz1; Mar 23rd 2014 at 6:59 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.