British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   iphone or Nokia N97 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/iphone-nokia-n97-652962/)

zamboooka Feb 4th 2010 6:35 am

iphone or Nokia N97

Any thoughts?

shiva Feb 4th 2010 6:38 am

Re: iphone or Nokia N97

having previously hated the iphone and derided its lack of everything usefull I now have one, swear by it and cant praise it highly enough.
get an iphone the annoying thing works perfectly and the UI is bloody briliant, those bastards at apple really did make a superb device

zamboooka Feb 4th 2010 6:41 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 8310598)
having previously hated the iphone and derided its lack of everything usefull I now have one, swear by it and cant praise it highly enough.
get an iphone the annoying thing works perfectly and the UI is bloody briliant, those bastards at apple really did make a superb device

Thanks man, have always been a Nokia user.. but heard lotsa good stuff about the iphone so am considering a shift...
are the games any good? :D

shiva Feb 4th 2010 6:45 am

Originally Posted by zamboooka (Post 8310600)
Thanks man, have always been a Nokia user.. but heard lotsa good stuff about the iphone so am considering a shift...
are the games any good? :D

depends on which ones you get from the app store but yeah some are pretty damn good especially when your hanging around waiting for someone/something in these parts

zamboooka Feb 4th 2010 6:46 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 8310607)
depends on which ones you get from the app store but yeah some are pretty damn good especially when your hanging around waiting for someone/something in these parts

Thanks man! so the 3GS right.. rather than the 3G? heard there's not much difference though..

Spugsy Feb 4th 2010 6:47 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 8310607)

christ I recently got championship manager for the ipod touch (same as the iphone without the phone basically) and it's brilliant, very addictive though.

shiva Feb 4th 2010 6:49 am

Originally Posted by zamboooka (Post 8310610)
Thanks man! so the 3GS right.. rather than the 3G? heard there's not much difference though..

afaik the only difference is video recording and speed. I have a 3g and the 3gs is way way faster

zamboooka Feb 4th 2010 6:51 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 8310617)
afaik the only difference is video recording and speed. I have a 3g and the 3gs is way way faster

cool.. thanks a bunch man!

Jeeper Feb 4th 2010 7:10 am

man.

zamboooka Feb 4th 2010 7:29 am

??

Jeeper Feb 4th 2010 7:40 am

Imitation is the sincerest form of flatery.

zamboooka Feb 4th 2010 7:41 am

errr... okay...

spart Feb 4th 2010 1:03 pm

Have had an iPhone now for a year, after hurling a Blackberry at our IT "Manager".

Superb piece of gear, useable, useful and the two or three games I have put on it have kept me amused for several hours waiting for muppets to turn up to meetings.

norsk Feb 4th 2010 2:13 pm

The only problem with the iPhone is that you'll be unable to enjoy using any other phones after having one. Yes the iPhone has loads of limitations and annoying problems, but as Shiva says 'those bastards at Apple...' created something lifechanging with the iPhone..

It's a funny way of justifying not getting an Apple, but I sometimes regret ever having owned one as I now know that I will never be happy with a Nokia, a Sony Ericsson or any other phone. At the moment I've got a BlackBerry and it is simply the worst piece of sh*t I have ever put my hands on, and it's all because of the iPhone...

Roll on June/July. I'm hoping Apple stick to their historically established release schedule (new version every summer).

i hate the damn thing and at the same time I love it..Come to think of it I blame Steve Jobs. Bastard! You've ruined my life...:eek:

Jeeper Feb 4th 2010 2:47 pm

I got one of these...
http://www.search4mobilephones.com/i...6020_large.jpg
Is the iPhone better?