Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

iPhone 4S Wifi Disabled

iPhone 4S Wifi Disabled

Old Nov 1st 2012, 9:14 am
Just Joined

Zhenhua is an unknown quantity at this point
Default iPhone 4S Wifi Disabled

Does anybody know where I can get my iPhone repaired/fixed in Abu Dhabi, please?

Wifi has been disabled for unknown reasons, can't turn it on. Tried restoring the phone, restoring network settings, changing to inflight mode and back.....

Went to the Apple store in AD mall last night. The salesmen told me that it might be a hardware issue. But because I bought it in the UK, they wouldn't exchange a new phone for me. They don't do repair either.

I'm happy to pay to get it repaired, but don't want any doggy "engineers". Anyone has similar experience?

In-laws are visiting for X'mas, so I have the option to let them take my phone to the shop in Bull Ring, but I won't be able to use it for a few months.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 10:11 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: iPhone 4S Wifi Disabled

Originally Posted by Zhenhua
Does anybody know where I can get my iPhone repaired/fixed in Abu Dhabi, please?

Wifi has been disabled for unknown reasons, can't turn it on. Tried restoring the phone, restoring network settings, changing to inflight mode and back.....

Went to the Apple store in AD mall last night. The salesmen told me that it might be a hardware issue. But because I bought it in the UK, they wouldn't exchange a new phone for me. They don't do repair either.

I'm happy to pay to get it repaired, but don't want any doggy "engineers". Anyone has similar experience?

In-laws are visiting for X'mas, so I have the option to let them take my phone to the shop in Bull Ring, but I won't be able to use it for a few months.
Was it iStyle? They can repair it. It just won't be free as it's not an Apple store per-se, but something known as an ASP or authorised service partner.

Same goes for Virgin.
Old Nov 1st 2012, 11:48 am
Just Joined

Zhenhua is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: iPhone 4S Wifi Disabled

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
Was it iStyle? They can repair it. It just won't be free as it's not an Apple store per-se, but something known as an ASP or authorised service partner.

Same goes for Virgin.
Thanks for you reply. Yes, I went to the iStyle in AD mall and was told they couldn't repair it. I said I wouldn't mind paying but the answer was still no.