iPad 3 in Dubai

Old Mar 25th 2012, 1:41 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default iPad 3 in Dubai

Hello,

is it possible to buy iPad 3 in Dubai? if so where is the best place to get them and how do prices compare to UK (I am going back to UK over Easter)

Thanks
Victor
Old Mar 25th 2012, 3:06 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: iPad 3 in Dubai

Apple aren't part of the VAT refund scheme. You could try PC World/Currys who are, but whether they have them in stock or not will be a different story.

The only reason I'd wait till the UK is to get the VAT back (would be about 15% once you take into account the retailer's processing fee). So on the base £399 (AED 2325) model (16GB, WiFi), you'd get it for around £350 (AED 2040).

However, there's a glut of them in Dubai because too many idiots though they could gouge the market by charging 3-4 times the price. What has ended up happening though is that they're no selling them at a loss.

You can pick on up from JadoPado (who are absolutely amazing, and one of the best kept online shopping secrets here) for AED 2199.

So the question is, would you rather wait and (potentially) save AED 150 and miss out on the opportunity to use it on the plane over there, or not?
Old Mar 25th 2012, 3:17 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
Apple aren't part of the VAT refund scheme. You could try PC World/Currys who are, but whether they have them in stock or not will be a different story.

The only reason I'd wait till the UK is to get the VAT back (would be about 15% once you take into account the retailer's processing fee). So on the base £399 (AED 2325) model (16GB, WiFi), you'd get it for around £350 (AED 2040).

However, there's a glut of them in Dubai because too many idiots though they could gouge the market by charging 3-4 times the price. What has ended up happening though is that they're no selling them at a loss.

You can pick on up from JadoPado (who are absolutely amazing, and one of the best kept online shopping secrets here) for AED 2199.

So the question is, would you rather wait and (potentially) save AED 150 and miss out on the opportunity to use it on the plane over there, or not?
Thanks for the info. Jado Pado looks a good deal. probably not worth waiting just to save 150 aed (£25?).

Looks like Jado Pado only have the base model though. The 32 GB and/or 4G option might be a better deal in real terms. Is this available in Dubai?
Old Mar 25th 2012, 3:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Given the lack of difference, why not just buy the ipad2 and pocket the difference?

I've still to work out a use for these things - When combined with the docking station, mine has to be the most expensive kitchen radio ever.
Old Mar 25th 2012, 3:28 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Given the lack of difference, why not just buy the ipad2 and pocket the difference?

I've still to work out a use for these things - When combined with the docking station, mine has to be the most expensive kitchen radio ever.
Kitchen Radio like it

That is also a concern of mine. I am only just looking into the possibility of buying one and the first stage is to work out realistically what I would use it for/how much I would use it.

I have a work colleague who has the iPad 2 who constantly raves about it, Perhaps I need to chat with him first .............
Old Mar 25th 2012, 5:19 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse

Funnily enough, mine's one of the most expensive cook books around.
Old Mar 25th 2012, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
Thanks for the info. Jado Pado looks a good deal. probably not worth waiting just to save 150 aed (£25?).

Looks like Jado Pado only have the base model though. The 32 GB and/or 4G option might be a better deal in real terms. Is this available in Dubai?
Try www.expansys.ae
Old Mar 26th 2012, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

Purdey is on a distinguished road

If you buy from John Lewis (subject to stock availability) you get a 2 year warranty included and they do the VAT refund scheme if you buy from a store.
Old Mar 26th 2012, 4:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
Funnily enough, mine's one of the most expensive cook books around.
It could be worse I guess

http://www.wimp.com/dadipad/
Old Mar 26th 2012, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

scarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=auzdafluff;9971544]Apple aren't part of the VAT refund scheme.

Only applies if you purchase online. Bought our Ipads last xmas from an Apple store in the UK who do issue the necessary paperwork you need to reclaim VAT.
Old Mar 26th 2012, 12:59 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Brilliant. Thanks for all your help.
Old Mar 26th 2012, 3:41 pm