Investments

Old Feb 10th 2016, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Lightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Investments

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I use IG. Web and mobile platforms are brilliant.

I'm in on the FTSE at 5600. Would love to see a little run up to 5900 before it crashes again. Only one contract sadly, the order I had for more at 5500 didn't get fulfilled.
5900 is a bit strong for me, i think putting a sell order at around 5825 might well see you in a nice profit this afternoon
Old Feb 10th 2016, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lightandbitter
5900 is a bit strong for me, i think putting a sell order at around 5825 might well see you in a nice profit this afternoon
for sure - although I think I'm taking a slightly longer time-view than you are. let's see. I normally get fearful and cash out early.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Lightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond repute

for sure - although I think I'm taking a slightly longer time-view than you are. let's see. I normally get fearful and cash out early.
Fair play to you, I put my cock on the block during trading hours when I can get in and out.

With everything going on in the world I can't hold positions overnight
Old Feb 10th 2016, 10:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
What platforms do you guys use?
As i'm purely stock, I use Lloyds sharedealing. Easily linked to my Lloyds accounts so piece of piss transferring. Probably not the cheapest mind.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 10:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Fair play to you, I put my cock on the block during trading hours when I can get in and out.

With everything going on in the world I can't hold positions overnight
I used to have that rule - in fact it was tighter - only stay in position if I could see the screen. I realized that on many trades I was losing due to daily volatility that would reverse the next day. I always keep a very high margin now to cover and avoid any overnight cut-backs.

A few months back I got a bit addicted to the chinese market. You could gain or lose thousands in minutes with that baby.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 11:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just had acuma call me - previous known as DV. They hung up before I did
Old Feb 10th 2016, 12:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I cashed out early - and then went for a short. That was fortunate
Old Feb 10th 2016, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

I cashed out early - and then went for a short. That was fortunate
maybe too early.we are going up now
Old Feb 10th 2016, 1:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

maybe too early.we are going up now
I took the profit after 50points on the short - will sit it out for a bit. this is guess work territory.

Still, 1500quid up on the day and all exited. happy with that.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

I took the profit after 50points on the short - will sit it out for a bit. this is guess work territory.

good work, this is going to the moon tonight

to snare them all on the way back down
Old Feb 10th 2016, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

looks like you nailed it today, didnt go up as far as i thought and came back down very fast

I think that gives us an obvious signal that the market is going south for a fair bit longer

Nice trade
Old Feb 11th 2016, 3:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

looks like you nailed it today, didnt go up as far as i thought and came back down very fast

I think that gives us an obvious signal that the market is going south for a fair bit longer

Nice trade
That's my train of thought.

Holding off pumping more cash into shares until it looks like things are getting towards the bottom.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 6:34 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Maximum down side would have been ...?

Can your stop loss automatically move as the index moves?
Old Feb 11th 2016, 6:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Maximum down side would have been ...?

Can your stop loss automatically move as the index moves?
Maximum down side - well, in theory all my equity in the account. I didn't have a stop loss running, but it was visible on my screen all the time.

Stop losses are marginally useful in my opinion - you tend to set them too tight and then they became guaranteed losses. That said, you can do do trailing stops.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 6:59 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Maximum down side - well, in theory all my equity in the account. I didn't have a stop loss running, but it was visible on my screen all the time.

Stop losses are marginally useful in my opinion - you tend to set them too tight and then they became guaranteed losses. That said, you can do do trailing stops.
Only in your account? What would have happened if the internet had gone down and the index moved drastically against you? And presumably you had in your head a point at which you'd have bailed out.

I only ask to increase my knowledge.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.