Investment

Old Apr 12th 2013, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

Chris_m is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Investment

Originally Posted by Bongoman2
I think you will struggle to just waltz into Dubai and try and sell your idea straight off the bat!

If it is a unique idea for a business you are pitching, have you made these possible investors sign NDAs? Why not offer them a franchise of the business if it is so successful elsewhere?

Business licencing in Dubai is not just hit and giggle.

Mind telling us what the business is? We may be interested to buy your idea if thats what your selling
This business was ran in Dubai, Am here a long time. Am not coming in with something from an outside market. Its very unique to the GCC region and sadly it doesn't have a big enough catchment to be franchised over Dubai. It could me franchised over the GCC i.e Qatar Saudi etc. But we're along way off that. Yes NDA's have been signed etc.

The biggest problem i'm having with investment is, I'm not looking for a huge amount I.e Millions upon millions its barely a quarter of a million. But on the basis that it was ran on last year here in Dubai for 3months it's a very strong investment for.

The figure is the reason i decided not to contact envestors.ae as i didn't think it was big enough for them to be interested.
Old Apr 13th 2013, 5:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris_m
This business was ran in Dubai, Am here a long time. Am not coming in with something from an outside market. Its very unique to the GCC region and sadly it doesn't have a big enough catchment to be franchised over Dubai. It could me franchised over the GCC i.e Qatar Saudi etc. But we're along way off that. Yes NDA's have been signed etc.

The biggest problem i'm having with investment is, I'm not looking for a huge amount I.e Millions upon millions its barely a quarter of a million. But on the basis that it was ran on last year here in Dubai for 3months it's a very strong investment for.

The figure is the reason i decided not to contact envestors.ae as i didn't think it was big enough for them to be interested.
if you have a website and therefore your idea is public, why don't you tell us what it is?

A quarter of a million of what? if Dirhams, then the best thing really would be to just take out a personal loan if you believe in the idea.
Old Apr 13th 2013, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bongoman2
Umm that was in January. You can be BD, but I doubt you could be in charge of project management or accounts.
From January.... And the button saying forthcoming events might be a clue

I'm out
Old Apr 13th 2013, 10:46 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Have you any more info on this?? Please

Thanks Chris
If you're going to run a business then you might want to learn about something called Google.

Old Apr 13th 2013, 6:34 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I've sold them oil...
I've sold them idiots.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 7:36 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I've sold them idiots.

How many have you had returned?
Old Apr 15th 2013, 7:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy

How many have you had returned?
To date (2 years and a week in the UAE now...doesn't time fly?)....none.

That I know of...
Old Apr 17th 2013, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Looking for help regarding the above. I am in the process of setting up my own company. Have everything in place

An outstanding business plan
Website
Branding
Client base

We have pitched so far to two very big companies and both are interested,

Sadly though the biggest hurdle i am facing currently is finance. I am looking for an investor.

Does anyone have experience of setting up a company here in Dubai and could possibly help with investors???

Thanks Chris
better not be pre-shuffled playing cards, I'm awaiting my patent!