Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The intractability of (un)Real Estate Agents here...

The intractability of (un)Real Estate Agents here...

Old Mar 11th 2009, 8:22 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default The intractability of (un)Real Estate Agents here...

Is it just me or has anyone else come across some Real Estate agents who seem to think that its still the year 2008?

I am getting sick of agents not showing up at appointments, their complete lack of knowledge of the property and their single over-riding aim, to get you to hand over a security cheque 'to secure the property'....

I have been looking around for the last month or so, as I am planning on getting more bang for my buck, but these guys seem to be living in the past.. I am sick of people telling me that their client 'would never consider negotiating the price'..

Why do I always feel that its the agent not willing to negotiate on his fee.....
Old Mar 11th 2009, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The intractability of (un)Real Estate Agents here...

..they are a waste of time.. and then they want a comission as well! Go for direct from owner if possible - it does need a drive around and looking at boards, but I will never pay one of those unprofessional crooks again
Old Mar 11th 2009, 8:45 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by B Bear
..they are a waste of time.. and then they want a comission as well! Go for direct from owner if possible - it does need a drive around and looking at boards, but I will never pay one of those unprofessional crooks again
On driving around, all the bed sheets and bits of cardboard hanging off of gates and balconies, advertising properties, have been put there by the agent..

(Have to admit, if my agent decided to advertise my house in the UK by tying a split cardboard box to the balcony railings with string, then scrawling their mobile number on it in big, black felt tip, I wouldnt be paying 5 f**kin' %....)

Which boards shoudl I check for 'direct from owner'.. Know ones for 1 bed shares, but havent seen many with 4 beds + study for rent...
Old Mar 11th 2009, 9:23 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Why do I always feel that its the agent not willing to negotiate on his fee.....
Most get around DHS40,000 for selling a DHS2 million house or apartment...they just don't want to reduce prices 'cos it affects their pockets...methinks.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light

On driving around, all the bed sheets and bits of cardboard hanging off of gates and balconies, advertising properties, have been put there by the agent..

(Have to admit, if my agent decided to advertise my house in the UK by tying a split cardboard box to the balcony railings with string, then scrawling their mobile number on it in big, black felt tip, I wouldnt be paying 5 f**kin' %....)

Which boards shoudl I check for 'direct from owner'.. Know ones for 1 bed shares, but havent seen many with 4 beds + study for rent...
Spinney's noticeboards etc, dubizzle - put an add under wanted 'no agents'....
Old Mar 12th 2009, 5:09 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Is it just me or has anyone else come across some Real Estate agents who seem to think that its still the year 2008?

I am getting sick of agents not showing up at appointments, their complete lack of knowledge of the property and their single over-riding aim, to get you to hand over a security cheque 'to secure the property'....

I have been looking around for the last month or so, as I am planning on getting more bang for my buck, but these guys seem to be living in the past.. I am sick of people telling me that their client 'would never consider negotiating the price'..

a friend of mine put an ad on Dubizzle requesting she wanted a three bed on the Springs, direct from owner, no agent commission, she stated what she was prepared to pay and on what terms. She moves in on Friday.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 8:00 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
a friend of mine put an ad on Dubizzle requesting she wanted a three bed on the Springs, direct from owner, no agent commission, she stated what she was prepared to pay and on what terms. She moves in on Friday.
Does anyone know if its possible to find out the actual owner of a property (Land Registry or something)? I have seen a property I want, but can't get any cuttings off of the rental agent. The feel gypes that call themselves rental agents are doing my head in and now I just want to talk to the organ grinders....
Old Mar 12th 2009, 9:06 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know if its possible to find out the actual owner of a property (Land Registry or something)? I have seen a property I want, but can't get any cuttings off of the rental agent. The feel gypes that call themselves rental agents are doing my head in and now I just want to talk to the organ grinders....
just tell the Monkey you aint playing ball until you speak to the LL directly or his Agent (should he be travelling).