Internet passwords

Old Feb 13th 2011, 8:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Internet passwords

Ok so I've bleached my hair a bit more than normal- and as you know bleach gets sucked into the brain and makes you a bit dim. So as much as you may take the piss out of me for being dumb I am sure I am not the only one that has a problem with this. What am I rambling on about, well;

Internet passwords- I have been trying to check my online banking for the last week but have forgotten the username/password- dur I hear you cry- I know, I know, however, how the hell are you menat to remember all these bloody passwords- usernames etc especially when some are only 6 letters, some are over 15 some are a mix of letters and numbers, some you have to change regularly - arghhh!!!

So I got to thinking what crap I have to remember and came up with the following (and I'm sure there are dozens more but can't even remember them let alone the bloody usernames);

My name
facebook- username and password
hotmail username and password (which has to be changed ever 90 days)
personal website- username and password
UK bank- username and password
UK credit card x2 - username and password
Dubai Bank- user name and password
Twitter- username and password
BE- username and password
Linked in- username and password
5 workrelated networking accounts- username and password
DEWA- username and password
work email- username and password
ebay- username and password
paypal- username and password

and then phone banking numbers etc as well-

Oh my god - no wonder my brain hurts!

Can they please invent a touchscreen that detcts your fingerprint or something so that we don't have to waste our valuable brainspace remebering a million different passwords etc

Rant over! brain hurts now- again!

Kittycat xxx
Old Feb 13th 2011, 8:32 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Internet passwords

Buy a PROPER password manager program (eg eWallet), but keep a backup somewhere just in case. Backup could be electronic (eg in your hotmail a/c), or hard copy. For an electronic backup, you could write it in your own code (attuned to how your synapses are wired), similarly for a hard copy kept somewhere easy to remember but hard to find.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Um....you can buy laptops that scan your fingerprints which you can use instead of passwords. The software is called Password Bank.

You could probably actually but a USB attachment fingerprint scanner now too.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 8:56 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Ok so I've bleached my hair a bit more than normal- and as you know bleach gets sucked into the brain and makes you a bit dim. So as much as you may take the piss out of me for being dumb I am sure I am not the only one that has a problem with this. What am I rambling on about, well;

Internet passwords- I have been trying to check my online banking for the last week but have forgotten the username/password- dur I hear you cry- I know, I know, however, how the hell are you menat to remember all these bloody passwords- usernames etc especially when some are only 6 letters, some are over 15 some are a mix of letters and numbers, some you have to change regularly - arghhh!!!

So I got to thinking what crap I have to remember and came up with the following (and I'm sure there are dozens more but can't even remember them let alone the bloody usernames);

My name
facebook- username and password
hotmail username and password (which has to be changed ever 90 days)
personal website- username and password
UK bank- username and password
UK credit card x2 - username and password
Dubai Bank- user name and password
Twitter- username and password
BE- username and password
Linked in- username and password
5 workrelated networking accounts- username and password
DEWA- username and password
work email- username and password
ebay- username and password
paypal- username and password

and then phone banking numbers etc as well-

Oh my god - no wonder my brain hurts!

Can they please invent a touchscreen that detcts your fingerprint or something so that we don't have to waste our valuable brainspace remebering a million different passwords etc

Rant over! brain hurts now- again!

Kittycat xxx
numbered passwords I put in my phone, other ones are usually the same or around about the same.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 9:03 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

http://howsecureismypassword.net/

mine is dead easy to remember and would take 540,000 yrs to crack, woo hoo
Old Feb 13th 2011, 9:54 am