Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The inspire my life thread...

The inspire my life thread...

Old Sep 3rd 2013, 6:50 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The inspire my life thread...

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
It's a killer isn't it? This year I was motivated to write and to become chartered on the strength of that feeling of letting the opportunities I have to do something to pass me by.
I think you need a new hobby. I suggest needlework. It's quite the rage these days.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 7:00 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
I think you need a new hobby. I suggest needlework. It's quite the rage these days.
It's going on the list. The bottom of the list
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 7:03 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
You have reached the top of Maslow's triangle. .
That's an interesting idea, so a vaguely dissatisfied life awaits us all. I think I am starting to understand why Arabs are such drama queens, the poor misunderstood people need to fill the void with some kind of excitement.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
You have reached the top of Maslow's triangle. Personally, I think the way out of this cycle is to start again and launch a new business doing something different.

I want to open an indoor Nerf-Gun centre.
Absolutely, I like the idea of opening a B&B in the West country (in the UK) but my wife doesn't like the idea much (considering she's a lady of leisure here and we're earning a gazillion times more than we ever would anywhere else. Particularly in a B&B in the West country).

Or do you mean something different in terms of a bit odd? Like an indoor Nerf-Gun centre?
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
Like an indoor Nerf-Gun centre?
Already done that...downstairs at our villa...shut during school hours

Had to replenish the ammo as the cats eat and tear them to shreads. 39 dh for 30 bullets at Magrudy's
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 7:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Open a bar on a beach in the Caribbean.

That's my plan anyway, **** this shit of working for The Man, man.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp

Uhhhh, that's my plan! Have been looking at the British Virgin Islands.

Race ya!
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 8:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Uhhhh, that's my plan! Have been looking at the British Virgin Islands.

Race ya!
I've never looked into it, I just have this pipe dream (I watched Cocktail a lot) that it's a nice chilled way of life which will earn enough to keep you happy.

Met a French bloke in Martinique who had a beach bar and a nice restaurant in the town. He definitely wasn't broke and was a very chilled out bloke.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

I've never looked into it, I just have this pipe dream (I watched Cocktail a lot) that it's a nice chilled way of life which will earn enough to keep you happy.

Met a French bloke in Martinique who had a beach bar and a nice restaurant in the town. He definitely wasn't broke and was a very chilled out bloke.
That's the plan. Make enough to be comfortable. Move over there and buy a nice house and/or boat and a bar. Get some local folk in to run the place and have a hands off approach. Spend the days sailing, diving or chilling with a beer.

Nice!

also, If I do better than the making enough to be comfortable bit I plan to have a similar set up in a ski resort.

Awesome!

Ps. Cocktail rocks!
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 8:21 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Thats my plan too, though I am going for Thailand as the elderly sex tourists now how to sink beer all day long.

Failing that my dream is a professional gambler but as I lose more than I win I need a job to fund that one still................

Regarding Weasel, Get to the Far East way way more interesting than these dumps and a better level of 'Business' people to deal with
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 8:43 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jam25mack
That's the plan. Make enough to be comfortable. Move over there and buy a nice house and/or boat and a bar. Get some local folk in to run the place and have a hands off approach. Spend the days sailing, diving or chilling with a beer.

Nice!

also, If I do better than the making enough to be comfortable bit I plan to have a similar set up in a ski resort.

Awesome!

Ps. Cocktail rocks!
Ski resort is a good shout, but I expect massively expensive to set up. Still, I can't imagine prime beachfront space in Barbados is pennies...

It's a decent thing to aim for, if you can buy it all from cash and owe nothing then theoretically it should make cash to keep you comfy.

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Thats my plan too, though I am going for Thailand as the elderly sex tourists now how to sink beer all day long.

Failing that my dream is a professional gambler but as I lose more than I win I need a job to fund that one still................

Regarding Weasel, Get to the Far East way way more interesting than these dumps and a better level of 'Business' people to deal with
Thailand, interesting. Having just come back I don't think I could live there. Well, I could, but Asians are generally quite annoying so I probably wouldn't.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 8:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
Absolutely, I like the idea of opening a B&B in the West country (in the UK) but my wife doesn't like the idea much (considering she's a lady of leisure here and we're earning a gazillion times more than we ever would anywhere else. Particularly in a B&B in the West country).

Or do you mean something different in terms of a bit odd? Like an indoor Nerf-Gun centre?
This is exactly what I mean.

I do want to open an indoor nerf centre here in Dubai, but the rents for the warehouses are prohibitive. Went to a great one in the UK, but rents and utilities are low enough to make it feasible.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

I had a small, laid back "yatchies" bar in the marina in Ibiza town for a few years..it was lovely..party all Summer and sleep in the Winter
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

seems like everyone has a similar dream! cut price alcohol
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Citizen
seems like everyone has a similar dream! cut price alcohol
My dream was a reality darling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.