Indian Visas

Old Nov 4th 2013, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Indian Visas

Hi

Does anyone know if you can just rock up at Karama post office and get my visa application done like you previously could.

I have been online but the form's a bit of a b!tch and would rather I just give them my passport and they do the rest. The questions aren't too taxing its more the fact I don't have any answers to them.

Also, they're 92 quid now! Offt!
Old Nov 4th 2013, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Indian Visas

No idea how it works in Dubai, but in Abu Dhabi (and I think it should be the same in Dubai) you can turn up at the Indian visa application place and get them to do all the typing for you - for a small charge (it is small, I'm not being sarcastic, worth it in my opinion). Just make sure you have 2 (I think) passport photos in the Indian style, which is not the same as the UK - 2x2 inches, I think. Plus colour photocopies of passport, UAE visa etc.

It's 92 quid for Brits, but less than half that price for most other EU passports... what's the logic in that?
Old Nov 4th 2013, 10:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I think visas fees are based on reciprocity.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers.

That sounds like what I went through last time but heard it may have changed. Looking at the form there are fields that I apparently need to fill out that I haven't go any answer to.

As you say, I think I'll just go in and get them to to it all.

Also, I'm thinking of getting the multi entry one this time. Are there any addition requirements for that or it just a case of you pay more?
Old Nov 4th 2013, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't India have visas on arrival for some countries now?
Old Nov 4th 2013, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Alexa
Not for Brits, and only at about 3 airports.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_India
Old Nov 4th 2013, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

karama post office no longer does india visas.
you have to go to the VFS centre(google)- one in khaleej centre in bur dubai.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Alexa
Didn't know that!

Wiki says 'In October 2013, India decided to initiate the process of extending Visa on arrival to 40 more nations. The final decision is expected to be taken by the end of 2013'.

I am going on the 28th Dec..... shall I risk waiting a few weeks or shall I just get it done here?
Old Nov 4th 2013, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ditzy
karama post office no longer does india visas.
you have to go to the VFS centre(google)- one in khaleej centre in bur dubai.
Thanks you!
Old Nov 4th 2013, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

no, youwill notgetoutof UAE without validvisa, do iit herenow
Old Nov 4th 2013, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Didn't know that!

Wiki says 'In October 2013, India decided to initiate the process of extending Visa on arrival to 40 more nations. The final decision is expected to be taken by the end of 2013'.

I am going on the 28th Dec..... shall I risk waiting a few weeks or shall I just get it done here?
As I said before, it doesn't apply to Brits - yet... if you had any experience of Indian bureaucracy, you would know that a decision "to be taken by the end of 2013" might well be still being discussed in 2020!!! However - they did process my visa in about 4 days, so you could wait a bit longer if you are feeling lucky.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by archie159
As I said before, it doesn't apply to Brits - yet... if you had any experience of Indian bureaucracy, you would know that a decision "to be taken by the end of 2013" might well be still being discussed in 2020!!! However - they did process my visa in about 4 days, so you could wait a bit longer if you are feeling lucky.
True true!
Old Nov 6th 2013, 2:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Must double charge because the aid we send them wasn't enough to fill their rocket to Mars up with fuel.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Yoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't seem to be much rhyme nor reason as to why certain nationalities get visas on arrival, and other nationalities get free visas.

New Zealanders get visas on arrival. South Africans get free visas. Aussies get neither. I wonder if the Aussies let India beat them at T20 and ODI's often enough they'll get one or the other?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.