British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Immature Leaders (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/immature-leaders-588636/)

lionheart Feb 2nd 2009 5:10 am

Immature Leaders

Here is what the Ruler of Dubai has to say;

"Second place is the first place of losers, so that is why we have to be number one," said Shaikh Hamdan.

Here is what Lionheart has to say in response;

"Please give me strength...".

Blue Cat Feb 2nd 2009 5:11 am

Re: Immature Leaders

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7238388)

"Second place is the first place of losers, so that is why we have to be number one," said Shaikh Hamdan.

number one failure at this point in time :o

Inselaffen Feb 2nd 2009 5:57 am

thats why there are striving to be the worlds most f#cked up economy!

Norm_uk Feb 2nd 2009 10:50 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7238388)

Number one at limiting press freedom?
Number one at living in complete denial?

If they want to be number one they should invent something beneficial to mankind instead of building towers with money they don't have...:)

N.

GattaMatta Feb 2nd 2009 5:52 pm

Actually the quote is from a Nascar race pilot and it is meaningful only in its original context.
Disturbing when used to inaugurate an educational centre by a future head of state.

Thanks for this post and the replies, it really made me laugh to the point that I subscribed to this community... and, guess what?, it is the only critical response I found when searching out of curiosity.

The Dean Feb 2nd 2009 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by GattaMatta (Post 7240313)
Actually the quote is from a Nascar race pilot and it is meaningful only in its original context.
Disturbing when used to inaugurate an educational centre by a future head of state.

Thanks for this post and the replies, it really made me laugh to the point that I subscribed to this community... and, guess what?, it is the only critical response I found when searching out of curiosity.

You laughed at this thread???

Stick around - you ain't seen nothing yet.

Wait till you see the threads that start off talking about workers' rights on Dubai construction sites evolve into a discussion about how to find 'girls' in Saudi Arabia.............

Squirty Cream Feb 2nd 2009 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by GattaMatta (Post 7240313)

I wonder if he thought he'd be able to pass it off as his own quote, or if it was part of a speech that was written for him by his PR people???? In which case they should be told to take a hike.

GattaMatta Feb 2nd 2009 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream (Post 7240339)
In which case they should be told to take a hike.

Like going to look for 'girls' in Saudi Arabia?:)

Norm_uk Feb 3rd 2009 4:13 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7240327)
You laughed at this thread???

Stick around - you ain't seen nothing yet.

Wait till you see the threads that start off talking about workers' rights on Dubai construction sites evolve into a discussion about how to find 'girls' in Saudi Arabia.............

What's wrong with looking for girls...without girls there would be no you, me or the workers and their right!

N.