Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I'm sick of the press knocking Dubai

I'm sick of the press knocking Dubai

Old Mar 11th 2009, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Desert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really nice
Default I'm sick of the press knocking Dubai

It appears to me that its open season for knocking Dubai, okay its suffering from the global downturn but isn't everywhere else. Its probably because its been the most successful city in the world in terms of growth and profile that makes it a easy target.

Lets hope it bounces back and shuts the critics up for once and for all.

Put it in perspective, its a city with a population of 1.5 m, which other city has attracted so much attention.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm sick of the press knocking Dubai

Originally Posted by Desert Rat
It appears to me that its open season for knocking Dubai, okay its suffering from the global downturn but isn't everywhere else. Its probably because its been the most successful city in the world in terms of growth and profile that makes it a easy target.

Put it in perspective, its a city with a population of 1.5 m, which other city has attracted so much attention.
I feel your pain..

actually I don't..

Do you work for Dubai Municipality or something?
Old Mar 11th 2009, 4:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it's as simple as people "knocking Dubai".

I think the people who continue (Piers Moron for example) to promote it as Luxury-on-Sea need to be better informed - everywhere else, everybody accepts there are problems, whereas in Dubai there are still some who are in denial and continue to promote its virtues and attractions...........

I was there at the weekend (only an occasional visitor these days), and all seemed OK on the surface but the facts are undeniable.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Desert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really nice

Maybe you ought to open your eyes and take a look at the rest of the world.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 4:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you ought to open your eyes and take a look at the rest of the world.
Are you talking to me?

Don't understand your banter, squiffy............
Old Mar 11th 2009, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Are you talking to me?
or chewing a brick?
Old Mar 11th 2009, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

No the previous twat
Old Mar 11th 2009, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Why does it bother you?
I can't stand football.....so I don't watch it.....
Old Mar 11th 2009, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

No the previous twat
ooh desert rat, you swore...

actually muppet boy, you should look at the facts.

Life is about ups and downs. Big yourself up and people are first to gloat when things turn to crap..

now don't go losing your job here, dear boy..
Old Mar 11th 2009, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Its not just the press then as I expected.

All I'm saying is I wish people would put this place in perspective its only the size of birmingham but attracts an unfair amount of criticism.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 4:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

All I'm saying is I wish people would put this place in perspective its only the size of birmingham but attracts an unfair amount of criticism.
you know what, i kinda agree with you...i do wish the press here were allowed to be more honest and admit that things are bad, but yeah, it is all totally in the context of the global crisis, things are completely shite elsewhere...uk is a prime example...

MM, xx
Old Mar 11th 2009, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

I doubt it will bounce back "quickly" due to the number of people bitten with loans and financial issues. 95%+ of them will never return.

I know I never will.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 4:42 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

but it doesnt have the bullring, or numerous rasta's
Old Mar 11th 2009, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
I doubt it will bounce back "quickly" due to the number of people bitten with loans and financial issues. 95%+ of them will never return.

I know I never will.
not even for a desert safari?
Old Mar 11th 2009, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

simular amount of guptas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.