Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I'm off as well. Goodbye.

I'm off as well. Goodbye.

Old Jun 24th 2011, 5:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm off as well. Goodbye.

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
err Hello
More like hello...hello...what have we 'ere then.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 6:19 pm
Off Topic

northbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nice

I'm not british, from eastern EU. I always admired the subtle british humour and skills to joke, sometimes very bitter, about all parts of their society and life. AFAIK till now only HM was immune.
Now it appears that some other part of the BRITISH society becomes untouchable.
That's pity.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 6:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northbadawi
I'm not british, from eastern EU. I always admired the subtle british humour and skills to joke, sometimes very bitter, about all parts of their society and life. AFAIK till now only HM was immune.
That's pity.
Things have moved on from the days of Bernard Manning.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 6:46 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Now it appears that some other part of the BRITISH society becomes untouchable..
No, it's not that at all - it's more about the utter boredom created by some people repeating the same things over and over again... a bit like an aging parent who tells the same antiquated and cringe-worthy jokes all the time, to the extent that, after a while, you either ask him if it's time for his nap, or get up and make a cup of tea.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 8:12 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Notts dont let the small minded ignorant buggers get you down - prorsum et sursum !!

I wonder why the moderators havent picked up the common themes (and its usually to a handful of people) - apart from once during the recent threads.
Because we're bored of reading the same stuff over and over too.

If you guys have a problem with a post & site rules, use the report button.
It's a community. Pull your share.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 8:26 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sherri
Nice

Most of us like the guy and we hope that he stays for a bit longer. Btw thanks for your help, we'll now have to start all over again

Cheers lorna
Sorry everyone ............ rather over enthusiastic consumption of Irish cider last night. Plenty of good wine in Italy, but no cider.

It was lovely by the way
Old Jun 24th 2011, 8:50 pm
Banned

Reggie Kray is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
No, it's not that at all - it's more about the utter boredom created by some people repeating the same things over and over again... a bit like an aging parent who tells the same antiquated and cringe-worthy jokes all the time, to the extent that, after a while, you either ask him if it's time for his nap, or get up and make a cup of tea.
This is exactly what is going on
P.S. I hope that personal trainer does not give you a hard time tomorrow, oh maybe your personel trainer is Jackthehat That explains it all!!
Old Jun 24th 2011, 8:57 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

That's pity.
Yes it is.

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Things have moved on from the days of Bernard Manning.
Indeed. Won't be too much longer before you won't be able to mention anything, about anyone, in anyway, without fear of causing offence to somebody... or have we already reached that point?
Old Jun 24th 2011, 9:20 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by markinbahrain
<snip>
15. Moderator Actions
Discussions about moderator or administrator actions are welcome in email, or local private messages, but should not be discussed in public forums. This is out of respect for the members, moderators and policy involved.

Last edited by Bob; Jun 25th 2011 at 9:57 pm. Reason: as post is deleted
Old Jun 24th 2011, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

markinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nice

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
15. Moderator Actions
Discussions about moderator or administrator actions are welcome in email, or local private messages, but should not be discussed in public forums. This is out of respect for the members, moderators and policy involved.
Yeah I have to come clean, its me. I can assure you, Sue never said anything un-toward whatsoever and just simply told me off!!
But silly bollocks jackthehat is just that!! I aint taking nothing back!!
I was going to hide but **** it !!
Jack go and get under a small rock!!
Old Jun 24th 2011, 9:55 pm
Account Closed

Yeah I have to come clean, its me. I can assure you, Sue never said anything un-toward whatsoever and just simply told me off!!
Missing the point a bit. You are not supposed to discuss the actions of the Mods, at all, in the open forum.

As for Jackthehat's supposed slight... meh. Mountain out of a molehill springs to mind.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 10:29 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Don't do it again. It's not on. You've wasted my time, and trolled in a few threads. If you've got issues with another member do me favour and either take it up privately with said person, or put them on ignore.

Thanks
Old Jun 25th 2011, 5:31 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reggie Kray
This is exactly what is going on
P.S. I hope that personal trainer does not give you a hard time tomorrow, oh maybe your personel trainer is Jackthehat That explains it all!!
you're confusing the kitties! I don't have a personal trainer and successfully avoid the gym whenever possible... lifting 30kg of assorted child every day keeps my goddess-like physique in tip-top condition! hahahahahaha
Old Jun 25th 2011, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Because we're bored of reading the same stuff over and over too.

If you guys have a problem with a post & site rules, use the report button.
It's a community. Pull your share.
Sorry but I disagree - the whole point of a moderator is moderate and be pro-active. Just becase the text you read is boring or not is not the issue as it is your role, in my opinion, to promote interaction between the users.

Moderators plus all sign up to the terms and conditions on the board, where it states: Without limiting the foregoing, the following behaviors are strictly prohibited:

Strong, vulgar, obscene or otherwise harmful language,
Racially, ethnically or otherwise, objectionable language,
Harassing, intimidating, stalking or threatening other community members,
Libelous, defamatory or otherwise tortuous language,
Online vandalism,
Invasion of another's privacy,
Actions that are hurtful to minors.

There have been clear breaches of the above recently.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 6:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Strong, vulgar, obscene or otherwise harmful language,
Racially, ethnically or otherwise, objectionable language,
Harassing, intimidating, stalking or threatening other community members,
Libelous, defamatory or otherwise tortuous language,
Online vandalism,
Invasion of another's privacy,
Actions that are hurtful to minors.

There have been clear breaches of the above recently.
Long term, what would you expect people to post about? The weather?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.