Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I'm off as well. Goodbye.

I'm off as well. Goodbye.

Old Jun 24th 2011, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of
Default Re: I'm off as well. Goodbye.

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Gotta pick something up here...

Atheism causes bigotry? That's hilarious. I can't wait to see how you back that one up. The major monotheistic religions are based on "one true God" who is bigger and better than the others' "one true God". Surely more divisive than arguing that there is no God at all.
Jimmy, I am happy to discuss this further over beer - but not on here, not anymore. Let's just stick to sharing experience, good banter etc..
Old Jun 24th 2011, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Notts, you should have come to Doha...

Look, people voice their opinion. You do, I do, they do. About all kinds of things. This time about Islam. We all know that this is a bit tricky , for many reasons. But, I am 100% sure NOBODY on this site meant to hurt your feelings.
Don't wear a shoes that do not fit.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 11:26 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sherri
Jimmy, I am happy to discuss this further over beer - but not on here, not anymore. Let's just stick to sharing experience, good banter etc..
I would love to discuss over a beer, but I'm back in the UK now. I don't think we should fear debate on here, people just need to reign in the hysterical and personal stuff...and maybe there does need to be a cooling off period in here. It has been a bit excitable recently. Must be the summer heat over there!
Old Jun 24th 2011, 11:37 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by markinbahrain
There may well come a day when some of the new people from the bored actually "need the advice" of the more experienced expats rather than continues one line derogatory remarks coming from some of the newbies!!!

I have (still a newbie) many times over the last few months gladly taken the advice of the more experienced expats in Bahrain. Its a great shame that people like Notts feel they are being driven out when he brings so much knowledge to the forum for people just starting out in the ME or that have concerns while being here.

TWO long term expats in two weeks leaving this forum tells you something is wrong
Long term posters come and go and then, in many cases, come back again. It's the nature of ALL boards. People get the hump, flounce, fight wars, argue, laugh and anything else you can think of on these boards.

If all that happened, or was allowed, was 'advice' about migrating then the board would be dead in a month.... there are only so many times that long term posters can answer "will my TV work in my new country" or "where can I find Marmite"
Old Jun 24th 2011, 11:41 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

plenty of love in here for Nott, come on come back
Old Jun 24th 2011, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Long term posters come and go and then, in many cases, come back again. It's the nature of ALL boards. People get the hump, flounce, fight wars, argue, laugh and anything else you can think of on these boards.

If all that happened, or was allowed, was 'advice' about migrating then the board would be dead in a month.... there are only so many times that long term posters can answer "will my TV work in my new country" or "where can I find Marmite"
I know you from the Aussie site. *waves hello but looks quizzical as not sure if you're friend or foe

Do i take it the suspect thread was not in the ME section? Notts, why don't you just post on this bit? Ignore the rest.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 11:50 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by al dente
I know you from the Aussie site. *waves hello but looks quizzical as not sure if you're friend or foe

Do i take it the suspect thread was not in the ME section? Notts, why don't you just post on this bit? Ignore the rest.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...7&postcount=31

..and neither friend nor foe, just a bemused bystander.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 1:24 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: I'm off as well. Goodbye.

Sorry to see you're going mate but I hope you come back at least once in a while .

I miss the old days when we didn’t have to pick sides and arguments could remain separate from one another and not be overly simplified.

I’m too young of course remember the days when prime ministers and royal family could address the nation, and the empire, without being followed by some babbling twit on BBC news but it must have been wonderful. Optimism was obligatory and we would let people do their jobs without being analyzed constantly, men where men and people knew their place.

When not every waking moment had to be spent doing things to be productive. Now pull up a chair by the virtual camp fire, have a cigarette or cigar, pour yourself a drink and enjoy the virtual sunset:
Old Jun 24th 2011, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Elmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Sorry to see you're going mate but I hope you come back at least once in a while .

Now pull up a chair by the virtual camp fire, have a cigarette or cigar, pour yourself a drink and enjoy the virtual sunset:
http://ih0.redbubble.net/work.543221...bai-sunset.jpg
I think I WILL take up cigar smoking to go along with my drink, just for the hell of it! Lovely virtual view
Old Jun 24th 2011, 2:11 pm
Banned

Reggie Kray is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, have just joined the forum recently and read this post " I thought someone similar to me was moving over to Dubai or coming back to the UK.......obviously not!!

Therfore I thought I would if I may point out that yesterday this was stated by one of your senior members, I am to say the least very surprised that such a member would say such things in one afternoon on a expat discussion board and understand how some of your other members feel, therefore as everyone is allowed to speak their mind, I will also:-

ask about anything in Saudia ArabiaQuote:
Originally Posted by jackthehat
Yes, I am from a remote area which has now been renamed the 'Islamic Peoples Republic of Wolverhampton' Urdu is now the Official Language. Wolverhampton is now 'Twinned' with Riyadh! The previous twinning arrangements with The Islets of Langerhans, and Profiterole sur Merde expired, and the Saudis jumped at the chance!

The local press are now censoring all stories related to the Saudi Arabian Player at Wolves, who was sacked because he was too lazy to turn-up for work! - And that is not anecdotal!
.................................................. .................................................. ..................

Nottabattem
Here we go again....how boring. Any excuse to moan and whinge and take the piss through sarcastic 'wit'.

A thread about Saudi Arabia ends up with yet another UK Brit moaning about Muslims in his own country. Another thread about Angling and Railway Modelling then becomes a thread about Muslims in Bradford and Tower Hamlets.

Anyone see a recurring pattern here? Someone change the record....

]This one also yesterday titled THE US
It's well on its way! - Urdu is the most common language spoken in Bradford! Perhaps we should create a Cell of Sleepers called 'Anglican Fundamentalists,' or launch the 'Provisional Wing of the Salvation Army?'
Oooooh! - And all of those Tambourines!

I never had much time for TBW (Margaret Hilda Thatcher) but I did like one of her quotations (probably anecdotal), when commenting on a Planning Appeal.

"We will have the call to prayer at UK Mosques when Church Bells Ring in Riyadh!

"
Come on, we all know that it's Hull! - Oxford is a Shit Hole, and the whole of Cambridge smells of drains!
Tunbridge Wells is the God's Waiting Room of Kent!
The smell of Urine, Biscuits, and Murray Mints hits you at the border!
Mmmmm strange that, when the site is called BritishExpats.com, and the admin is is North Carolina!
Are you sure? - I have heard it called 'Massoftwoshits!'
Should that not be the other way around? - "You are the first person to get the sig and complain about it?" - I got the joke (if one was intended) but you Americans seem to have a problem with 'Humour!' Shocking!
Truly Awesome Dude! - What do you do with rest of your time? Take a Part-Time Post Graduate Course in Applied Masturbation?
.................................................. .................................................. ......................

[QUOTE=nottmbantam;9442917]Oh deary deary me.Yet another thread down the toilet.

An innocent enough question again turns out to be islam bashing / middle east bashing. The predictability of it all is rather boring. The last time, a post commenting on poor spelling / grammar turned out to be the same. How do you lot manage to turn it around to your favourite topic so frequently?

For the record, I was was brought up in Bradford, it's my home town. I could speak English fluently BEFORE I arrived there. This usual bollox about 'immigrants not integrating' is sooo boring. My Mum worked as a sewing machinist for thirty years. Every time she left one company, it was due to her being made redundant as the factories were slowly closing down. She worked hard, raised two kids on her own, paid her taxes, made her contribution to the economy and the the community.
.................................................. .................................................. ...............................................

I now understand why people are upset as I dont think your Senior Member missed out to many towns / countries / religions that he disliked all in one afternoon.

PS I have noticed he is posting on other threads as I type, but seems reluctant all of a sudden to input on this one mmmm!

Oh I have even decided on my name due to this senior member, I thought it rather accurate for how I feel about him!! May I also tell you that I will not be tolerating any of your hatred for any place or anyone
Regards.

Last edited by Reggie Kray; Jun 24th 2011 at 2:27 pm.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 2:20 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

err Hello
Old Jun 24th 2011, 2:37 pm

WakeUp is an unknown quantity at this point

Nott - We haven't really spoken but I understand your point there is latent racism on this board from several users, and others join in to be popular. But if you leave you are helping them and hindering the more responsible posters from shouting them down. If you are reading this please do reconsider.

WU

Last edited by WakeUp; Jun 24th 2011 at 2:41 pm.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic

I miss the old days when we didn’t have to pick sides and arguments could remain separate from one another and not be overly simplified.

I’m too young of course remember the days when prime ministers and royal family could address the nation, and the empire, without being followed by some babbling twit on BBC news but it must have been wonderful. Optimism was obligatory and we would let people do their jobs without being analyzed constantly, men where men and people knew their place.

When not every waking moment had to be spent doing things to be productive. Now pull up a chair by the virtual camp fire, have a cigarette or cigar, pour yourself a drink and enjoy the virtual sunset:
http://ih0.redbubble.net/work.543221...bai-sunset.jpg
Beautiful sunset, thanks for posting!
Old Jun 24th 2011, 3:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Your heart bleeds so frequently I'm amazed you've not snuffed it.
Not really my heart bleeding, just understanding his reaction.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Notts dont let the small minded ignorant buggers get you down - prorsum et sursum !!

I wonder why the moderators havent picked up the common themes (and its usually to a handful of people) - apart from once during the recent threads.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.