British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   I'm off too (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/im-off-too-720215/)

TigerSpleen Jun 9th 2011 4:55 am

I'm off too

I've had enough already. Even after only 1 post.

Some people on here think its open season to 'ave a larf at anyone's expense. This forum's certainly not for that. I respect some of you regulars, but the new breed on here seem to have elbowed their way in and taken liberties: Lionheart's posts are always uplifting for me—he welcomes all the newbies with a keen sense of irony, and I think you've mistaken his pragmatic, matter-of-fact posts for grumpiness and penny-pinching. You've sadly misjudged him. Like him, you should read the Daily Mail more, they have their fingers on their pulses.

Like me, he's sensitive and when I think—and he posts—about ways of saving money with only the minor risks of sending our families home on Mogadishu Airways, all he gets—and I feel—is derision. Shame on you.

And I wouldn't put it past either that puerile BarTwatBoy character or silly Millyhouse to create some stupid, childish, piss-taking avatar. They'd even take the piss out of themselves just to get a cheap laugh. God, some people…

sherri Jun 9th 2011 8:29 am

Re: I'm off too

Originally Posted by TigerSpleen (Post 9420811)

Some people on here think its open season to 'ave a larf at anyone's expense. This forum's certainly not for that. I respect some of you regulars, but the new breed on here seem to have elbowed their way in and taken liberties: Lionheart's posts are always uplifting for me—he welcomes all the newbies with a keen sense of irony, and I think you've mistaken his pragmatic, matter-of-fact posts for grumpiness and penny-pinching. You've sadly misjudged him. Like him, you should read the Daily Mail more, they have their fingers on their pulses.

Like me, he's sensitive and when I think—and he posts—about ways of saving money with only the minor risks of sending our families home on Mogadishu Airways, all he gets—and I feel—is derision. Shame on you.

And I wouldn't put it past either that puerile BarTwatBoy character or silly Millyhouse to create some stupid, childish, piss-taking avatar. They'd even take the piss out of themselves just to get a cheap laugh. God, some people…

Welome back LH! We missed you :wub:

I like your posts and thank you for your contribution to help find my feet on the sand pit.:thumbup:

soukie Jun 9th 2011 8:55 am

:rofl::rofl: Little scamps!

Blue Cat Jun 9th 2011 1:52 pm

:rofl:

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 9th 2011 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by soukie (Post 9421208)
:rofl::rofl: Little scamps!

Don't bring me into it.

Elmer Fudd Jun 9th 2011 7:45 pm

:rofl::rofl:This is the best post of the year so far:thumbsup: