ikea furniture

Old Jan 11th 2009, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

sg800 will become famous soon enough
Default ikea furniture

morning all

Ikea wanted me to wait a week for someone to come and put my furniture together, being impatient I told them not to bother.

On reflection, a bad idea as I really cant see myself being bothered to do it

Do you guys know of anyone I can call to get to come round and put it together pretty sharpish at all? Its not a massive amount, just a couple of tv stands and bookcases etc....

Cheers
Old Jan 11th 2009, 4:38 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ikea furniture

Originally Posted by sg800 View Post
morning all

Ikea wanted me to wait a week for someone to come and put my furniture together, being impatient I told them not to bother.

On reflection, a bad idea as I really cant see myself being bothered to do it

Do you guys know of anyone I can call to get to come round and put it together pretty sharpish at all? Its not a massive amount, just a couple of tv stands and bookcases etc....

Cheers
you should go back and get them to do it dude, I got a ****ing portable shelf thing for teh maids room and a futon and it took me 4 nights and a lot of gnashing of teeth to put them together.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
you should go back and get them to do it dude, I got a ****ing portable shelf thing for teh maids room and a futon and it took me 4 nights and a lot of gnashing of teeth to put them together.
lol thanks sounds like you had fun doing it!
Old Jan 11th 2009, 5:11 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

lol thanks sounds like you had fun doing it!
I had promised to do one of them on the saturday and got hammered on the friday so had to do it to prove a point, it was awful, trying to put the thing together with the beer sweats - god I hate Ikea.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 5:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

you should get ikea to do it, or get yourself a electric screwdriver and it takes no time to put them together.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2 View Post
you should get ikea to do it, or get yourself a electric screwdriver and it takes no time to put them together.

I got a bed there last week, they wanted to charge me 400 dibs to assemble and 100 to deliver, i would rather give it to one if the little carpentry shops than Ikea, greedy gits
Old Jan 11th 2009, 5:47 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by annacarna View Post
I got a bed there last week, they wanted to charge me 400 dibs to assemble and 100 to deliver, i would rather give it to one if the little carpentry shops than Ikea, greedy gits
honest? the cheeky twats, 400??
Old Jan 11th 2009, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
honest? the cheeky twats, 400??
Really, thats what they quoted, ok I accept a delivery charge, but 400 dibs thats a salary for some people here.

There furniture is crap also, but i had no choice
Old Jan 11th 2009, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

Really, thats what they quoted, ok I accept a delivery charge, but 400 dibs thats a salary for some people here.

There furniture is crap also, but i had no choice
Yes, they wanted to charge 400 AND for me to wait for a week! Shambolic, would rather just give a guy a couple of hundred he can keep for himself and get it done quicker.....if only i could find such a person.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes, they wanted to charge 400 AND for me to wait for a week! Shambolic, would rather just give a guy a couple of hundred he can keep for himself and get it done quicker.....if only i could find such a person.
Ask your watchman if you are in an appt, he will get you someone
Old Jan 11th 2009, 6:57 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

errr we are talking about Ikea flat pack furniture here arent we.
The stuff where you get bits of wood with holes in it and a pack of 56 identical bolts.

Locate hole put one of many identical bolts in hole, use only tool provided to tighten said identical bolt.
sorry but i dont get what is so difficult about that?????
Old Jan 11th 2009, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by shiva View Post
The stuff where you get bits of wood with holes in it and a pack of 56 identical bolts.

Locate hole put one of many identical bolts in hole, use only tool provided to tighten said identical bolt.
Chipped nail varnish!
Old Jan 11th 2009, 7:14 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Chipped nail varnish!
ok so the women are excused on account of chipped varnish broken nails etc......
Old Jan 11th 2009, 7:21 am
why ayeeeee man!

its just a pain in the arse, if its proper work, trimming down bushes, chopping down trees, using an axe on summat or even knocking down walls then fine, but put bloody bolt a in section c, blah blah - it bores me to tears.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

nothing difficult whatsoever, its just time consuming. I figured I am usually busy without having to make time to put furniture together. therfore I dont have time to put furniture together as well as carry out my normal every day activities. Paying someone else to do it seems to be the easiest solution to that conundrum :-)

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.