Iftar meetups

Old Jun 1st 2017, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Iftar meetups

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
I know when it's going through the toughest phase as my OH will constantly text me random pictures of food that he's found on the internet
1-4pm seems to be the peak...
aww bless him
that's like me watching cookery programmes when i get home before Iftar
Old Jun 1st 2017, 10:15 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

These 30 days are meant to be spent as per normal i.e. as one would spend any other normal day when he is not fasting. To eat too much and to sleep too much is not in the spirit of the month. The point is to make you feel what a hungry (poor) man goes through all year wrong and what he has to do to get by in the day. I have even managed 2 days of Gym in the past few days, although no cardio.

While on the topic, spending 3-4 hours every night in a mosque in a food induced daze standing behind an Imam who is rattling off words at the speed of sound also in my opinion is not what the idea was to begin with 1400 years ago. This month is meant for reflection, appreciation, affection...of others...and through that in the last few days of oneself and the gifts given to you by Him. Those 3-4 hours could better be spent letting go of work/selfishness etc and spending time with family, or going out and doing some form of charity work to help the needy. After all, those 3-4 hours spent every night in the mosque...who is it helping? The answer is, either it is not helping anyone...OR it is helping yourself as you think that doing that is helping you find a spot in the garden of eve. Well Im sorry but that is extremely selfish and in no way is that in the spirit of Ramzan.
ok rant over
carry on
Old Jun 1st 2017, 11:24 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
aww bless him
that's like me watching cookery programmes when i get home before Iftar
The upside is that he is prepared to spend an unusually long time over food preparation so we get really fantastic salads for iftar at the weekend (which is already underway in this house as he seems to have left the office about 3 hours early and I never bothered to go in..)
Old Jun 1st 2017, 11:32 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
After all, those 3-4 hours spent every night in the mosque...who is it helping?
That is the question those of us who do not subscribe to religion have asked and answered. A corollary question is why the supreme being requires this constant supplication and adoration in order to bestow his beneficence? It makes Donald Trump seem low key, secure and humble in comparison.

That's also why I always claim higher morality for atheists who do good things. We are not motivated by the threat of eternal punishment nor the promise of eternal reward. On the contrary, we realise that life is random, often brutal and short. Yet still some non-believers choose to do good things...

Still, though: Vimto!
Old Jun 1st 2017, 11:37 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
These 30 days are meant to be spent as per normal i.e. as one would spend any other normal day when he is not fasting. To eat too much and to sleep too much is not in the spirit of the month. The point is to make you feel what a hungry (poor) man goes through all year wrong and what he has to do to get by in the day. I have even managed 2 days of Gym in the past few days, although no cardio.

While on the topic, spending 3-4 hours every night in a mosque in a food induced daze standing behind an Imam who is rattling off words at the speed of sound also in my opinion is not what the idea was to begin with 1400 years ago. This month is meant for reflection, appreciation, affection...of others...and through that in the last few days of oneself and the gifts given to you by Him. Those 3-4 hours could better be spent letting go of work/selfishness etc and spending time with family, or going out and doing some form of charity work to help the needy. After all, those 3-4 hours spent every night in the mosque...who is it helping? The answer is, either it is not helping anyone...OR it is helping yourself as you think that doing that is helping you find a spot in the garden of eve. Well Im sorry but that is extremely selfish and in no way is that in the spirit of Ramzan.
ok rant over
carry on
Old Jun 1st 2017, 12:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

That is the question those of us who do not subscribe to religion have asked and answered. A corollary question is why the supreme being requires this constant supplication and adoration in order to bestow his beneficence? It makes Donald Trump seem low key, secure and humble in comparison.

That's also why I always claim higher morality for atheists who do good things. We are not motivated by the threat of eternal punishment nor the promise of eternal reward. On the contrary, we realise that life is random, often brutal and short. Yet still some non-believers choose to do good things...

Still, though: Vimto!
Practicing any religion is effectively an act of self fulfillment. People only go to a house of religion or fast or whatever we are told to do to make themselves feel better after.
Old Jun 1st 2017, 12:15 pm
...we killed the flame

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Practicing any religion is effectively an act of self fulfillment. People only go to a house of religion or fast or whatever we are told to do to make themselves feel better after.
A bit harsh? Many people follow religion because they genuinely believe it is the right thing to do. Perhaps we might think they are brainwashed or programmed but I don't think it is all about what they get out of it for some people. As Richard Dawkins says, religion can make good people do bad things.
Old Jun 1st 2017, 12:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

A bit harsh? Many people follow religion because they genuinely believe it is the right thing to do. Perhaps we might think they are brainwashed or programmed but I don't think it is all about what they get out of it for some people. As Richard Dawkins says, religion can make good people do bad things.
Ah you're a treat. I bascially agreed with you and then you disagree.

It's called opium for the masses for a reason.
Old Jun 1st 2017, 12:52 pm
...we killed the flame

Ah you're a treat. I bascially agreed with you and then you disagree.
Oh no I didn't.
Old Jun 3rd 2017, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

He's behind you....
Old Jun 3rd 2017, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

not true at all...well certainly not for me personally.....i believe in my faith because it keeps me grounded (to a certain extent) and gives a spiritual aspect to my life....also helps me 'balance' myself ie not end up going totally off the rails
Old Jun 3rd 2017, 12:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

not true at all...well certainly not for me personally.....i believe in my faith because it keeps me grounded (to a certain extent) and gives a spiritual aspect to my life....also helps me 'balance' myself ie not end up going totally off the rails
You just proved my exact point

Some people choose self help books, some yoga, some arts, some running, some religion.
Old Jun 4th 2017, 1:06 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

You just proved my exact point

Some people choose self help books, some yoga, some arts, some running, some religion.
You forgot wine and sex.
Old Jun 4th 2017, 1:09 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Grounded. I don't think you could have chosen a worse word.
Old Jun 4th 2017, 10:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
You forgot wine and sex.
I did have sex on the list at first but took it off due to its slightly addicitive nature. Those who use sex as a form of medicine temd to then end up whoring and ultimately unfurfiled... But in moderation and large doses it's ok.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.