Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

if you where an inventor...

if you where an inventor...

Old Aug 4th 2010, 11:14 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: if you where an inventor...

Originally Posted by ctfc
This one the best I've found so far...
Originally Posted by ctfc
A system integrated into the interweb which delivers 30,000 volts directly through the keyboard for inappropriate usage of were/where/we're and other similar "Eats, shoots and leaves" type mistakes.

Though the attempt to use the subjunctive is to be applauded.
If I may just interject...double hypocrisy bonus score!

Basic points awarded for trying to belittle women with a string of words that sounds like something a child might cobble together. Multiplier points awarded for later drawing attention to this mistake by criticising the grammatical abilities of other posters.

You may now continue posting now. This is a fun game isn’t it?
Old Aug 4th 2010, 11:27 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: if you where an inventor...

Originally Posted by shiva
er cable ties....

if you have interference buy shielded cables
Yeah, but its still a frigging mess. TV at one level, Sky box + dvd recorder on top of each other on a shelf about about a foot below the TV, then a further Decoder on the floor below the shelf, so there are 3 or 4 peripheral end-points, from/to which some plug into one another but all require power (from a multiple extension lead) and some go into the aerial socket (which isn't next to the power point). It shouldn't be like that... A couple of grand's worth of technology connected/powered by a dog's dinner.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 11:52 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
If I may just interject...double hypocrisy bonus score!

Basic points awarded for trying to belittle women with a string of words that sounds like something a child might cobble together. Multiplier points awarded for later drawing attention to this mistake by criticising the grammatical abilities of other posters.

You may now continue posting now. This is a fun game isn’t it?
Now now then... ;0)
Old Aug 4th 2010, 11:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

A system integrated into the interweb which delivers 30,000 volts directly through the keyboard for inappropriate usage of were/where/we're and other similar "Eats, shoots and leaves" type mistakes.
I think I would/I'd be dead if this was/is/maybe the case!
Old Aug 4th 2010, 11:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Bahtatboy- you could cover yoru cables in pretty coloured ribbons, perhaps plaited together, you could actually make it a show piece, like an art installation, a bit like the Pompidou Centre in Paris with all its pipes on the outside all colour coded!
Attached Thumbnails if you where an inventor...-pompidou_centre_paris.jpg  
Old Aug 4th 2010, 12:16 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Yeah, but its still a frigging mess. TV at one level, Sky box + dvd recorder on top of each other on a shelf about about a foot below the TV, then a further Decoder on the floor below the shelf, so there are 3 or 4 peripheral end-points, from/to which some plug into one another but all require power (from a multiple extension lead) and some go into the aerial socket (which isn't next to the power point). It shouldn't be like that... A couple of grand's worth of technology connected/powered by a dog's dinner.
its always a compromise but the below are what i use and it looks ok

Old Aug 4th 2010, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Bulldog clip cable-tidies...did you get that from Lifehacker?
Old Aug 4th 2010, 12:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

why can't they make cableless tv's, dvd's etc like a wifi computer? surely they are capable of doing that in this day and age?

and in the first picture is someone hoovering up the cables?
Old Aug 4th 2010, 12:38 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by csdf
Bulldog clip cable-tidies...did you get that from Lifehacker?
yup and it works brilliantly for iphone sync cable and various charging cables
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by kittycat1
why can't they make cableless tv's, dvd's etc like a wifi computer? surely they are capable of doing that in this day and age?

and in the first picture is someone hoovering up the cables?
are you sure its safe for you to be using teh interwebs
Lost in BE Cyberspace

On my quest for new gadget information I came across this http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20100...buses-traffic/ very cool- a bus that drives over cars- all we need now is Buck Rogers!
Old Aug 4th 2010, 12:40 pm
**** it we'll do it live

On my quest for new gadget information I came across this http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20100...buses-traffic/ very cool- a bus that drives over cars- all we need now is Buck Rogers!
cherck out engadget and gizmodo
Old Aug 4th 2010, 12:46 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Umbrella
Something that is exactly like butter, but healthier!!

/someone whispers something

Oh, never mind... Seems that's already been invented /sigh

U
...I see you've spotted the "I can't believe it is not butter" ...

Old Aug 4th 2010, 12:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/category/wacky-gadgets/

well worth a look for comedy value- I like the motion sensored toilet seat light so you can see where you are peeing at night, the flip flops with lights on ( not sure when you would ned these? and the battery powered heat socks- and all of these are availabel to buy! I think I can become an inventor! where were Dragons Den when this lot where being invented!

and Shiva- no probably not.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 12:49 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: if you where an inventor...

A company called Haier already do. Sony will release one soon as well .

How it works:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.