Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

If you had 12 hours to live, what would you do?

If you had 12 hours to live, what would you do?

Old Feb 18th 2009, 11:19 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you had 12 hours to live, what would you do?

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
what happens if you pray late? say you get stuck in traffic?

if it is out of your hand then fine, you can pray as soon as you are able to do so.

sometimes people sleep or forget or as you just said stuck somewhere where you can't pray..

but who really care about his prayer will manage his time to try to pray on time always.

it is not a simple challange but only those who really care about prayers and who really know how important prayers are will do it on time.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 11:20 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleopatra
****ing thanks for that - I was in a good mood till you said that.

if you are upset now because i reminded you of the bad things you did in your life ... then .. look at the bright side.. you can ask for forgiveness or try to correct things that you did..
Old Feb 18th 2009, 11:20 am

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beard Man
if you are upset now because i reminded you of the bad things you did in your life ... then .. look at the bright side.. you can ask for forgiveness or try to correct things that you did..
I've only got 12 hours!!!
Old Feb 18th 2009, 11:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

I've only got 12 hours!!!
hahahaha, my thoughts exactly...

MM, xx
Old Feb 18th 2009, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
hahahaha, my thoughts exactly...

MM, xx
cheers, love you too.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 11:24 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

if it is out of your hand then fine, you can pray as soon as you are able to do so.

sometimes people sleep or forget or as you just said stuck somewhere where you can't pray..

but who really care about his prayer will manage his time to try to pray on time always.

it is not a simple challange but only those who really care about prayers and who really know how important prayers are will do it on time.
I don't get this, why does it have be at a certain time?
Old Feb 18th 2009, 11:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

cheers, love you too.
think you misunderstood, i was meaning i was thinking the same about me...!!

MM, xx
Old Feb 18th 2009, 11:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bison
Here are some ideas:
  • Steal Your Dream Car And Get On Police, Camera, Action
  • Make Love To Lots Of Beautiful Women or Men depending on what takes your fancy
  • Rob A Bank
  • Slap Gordon Brown Live on TV With A Giant Fish Wearing Marigolds
  • Walk Around Naked
  • Drive Around In Reverse
  • Sleep
  • Kill All The People You Hate
  • Spend Time With Friends/Family
  • Try Something New.... This Could Be Anything
  • Take Lots Of Drugs That You Were Too Scared To Take Before
  • Jump Off The Burj Without A Chute..
  • Run Naked Onto The Pitch At Wembley

Any other ideas?
I would become a member of the opposite sex, put on a dildo, and shag you ...sideways...
Old Feb 18th 2009, 11:35 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: If you had 12 hours to live, what would you do?

spend it in praying for god asking for forgiveness for all the bad things i did hoping that he will forgive me.
Wouldn't a God understand anyway being all seeing and that?

If I had 12 hours to live I'd spend it with the people I loved and write a letter to all those I couldn't be with telling them that I loved them. I've had a good run even if I died tomorrow. Made some people laugh and a few cry, in the end I was just some cells wired togeather in a clever arrangement and not designed to live forever. I find the idea of a finite existance reassuring really as it means we've done what we've done and we just ourselves along the way .
Old Feb 18th 2009, 11:38 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

are we going to die only and that's it !!!! what is the point of creation then???
From a biologist's point of view:

Not sure if your talking about theological creation but you were actually 'created' by the successful fertilisation of an egg produced by your mother by a sperm produced by your father about a few minutes after copulation. You subsequently continued to grow and reach sexual maturity in young adulthood, when you can then repeat the reproductive process. You need to reproduce to be classified as biologically successful, though not all individuals need constribute to this process. By this process, in the long term, your species (humans) is maintained as a sustainable, self-reproducing population.

Having successfully bred and reared and nurtured your offspring you will further age (mature) and eventually die. The average longevity of our species is between 70 and 85 years, though if varies around the world.

When you die, you undergo autolysis (tissue and cell breakdown) and disintegrate, and eventually become totally mineralised (dust to dust and all that). From that time on (and for eternity, if you like) you no longer exist...you have had your life and had your time. The point of creation (successful parental copulation and fertilisation, and subsequent growth to adulthood) then was your coming into existence (beginning of your life), over which, you had absolutely no say.

Yes, life is too short...
Old Feb 18th 2009, 11:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting question, Bison................. but I'd like a clarification please.

Tell me - is everybody going to die in tweve hours from now, or just me?

Makes a big difference to the answer, in my case...............
Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
think you misunderstood, i was meaning i was thinking the same about me...!!

MM, xx
I realised that when I read k. Sorry.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean
Interesting question, Bison................. but I'd like a clarification please.

Tell me - is everybody going to die in tweve hours from now, or just me?

Makes a big difference to the answer, in my case...............
Give us the answers for both anyway.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

highways is an unknown quantity at this point

****ing thanks for that - I was in a good mood till you said that.
Why did your mood change? Is it because you don't believe that you will go back to life after death? Or is it because you believe in this but you don't want to be reminded? I'm just asking

Any human being doesn't like mentioning death. However, it's a fact and will happen to everyone. We muslims belive that we need continuous reminders about death in order to be motivated to do well in this short life hoping for a good reward in the hereafter?

I'm only mentioning our belief and I understand that many people may not be convinced.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by highways
Why did your mood change?Because I felt like it Is it because you don't believe that you will go back to life after death? yepOr is it because you believe in this but you don't want to be reminded? I'm just asking that too

Any human being doesn't like mentioning death. However, it's a fact and will happen to everyone. We muslims belive that we need continuous reminders about death in order to be motivated to do well in this short life hoping for a good reward in the hereafter?good for you.

I'm only mentioning our belief and I understand that many people may not be convinced.
I'm one of them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.