Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

If you had 12 hours to live, what would you do?

If you had 12 hours to live, what would you do?

Old Feb 18th 2009, 1:50 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you had 12 hours to live, what would you do?

Originally Posted by Cleopatra
post it notes?

or write it on the back of his hand ?
nah post its would never work, he'd just end up with another massive warehouse full of used but never read post its . hands are an idea i mean if he can have 2 universes with massive warehouses then big hands shouldnt be an issue
Old Feb 18th 2009, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

that would be Nan then.. Jesus christ, what do you want? our family trees?

Old Feb 18th 2009, 1:59 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: If you had 12 hours to live, what would you do?

Originally Posted by MacScot
You didn't have a body until after successful fertilisation and subsequent growth of you as an embryo.
People tend to think of humans as being one thing but thats not strictly true.

Cells make up millions of living sub units, as do the bacteria that live on and in you with symbiotic and parasitic relationships. In a way humans are actually billions of living things.

In a wider way through farming etc. plants are symbiotic as well, without human care they would die and never live to pass on their genes to subsequent crops. Other humans as well, without them you would soon die and without you they may die.

So what is a human? Are we an individual or collective conscious?

We like to have disctinct "this is me" boundaries but thats not strictly true IMO. We live as part of a very wide system of life and really there is little difference between you and a cabbage. Is it not a little arrogent to say "Well I live on after death because I'm special...", the wide variety things you consume and propogate are you as well through a biological system .
Old Feb 18th 2009, 2:00 pm

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Charismatic
and really there is little difference between you and a cabbage.
No comment.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 2:05 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

No comment.
We share 40-50% of our DNA with cabbages. On a basic level we are very similar and share a common ancestor. Obviously you may think my family is a little closer than yours....
Old Feb 18th 2009, 2:07 pm

We share 40-50% of our DNA with cabbages. On a basic level we are very similar and share a common ancestor. Obviously you may think my family is a little closer than yours....
dont know about that.

But that is one hell of an insult.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
when does he do that then, before birth, after, during conception, tricky business surely, i mean what if one gets forgotten in all the rush
We get our soul by inhaling it with our first breath when we are born, surely you knew that. Our soul comes directly from God it a sort of exhalation
Old Feb 18th 2009, 2:11 pm

Now that we've established that everyone is a cabbage and god can only remember things if he writes on the back of his hands and also that he has a giant warehouse somewhere in the galaxy full of souls - what was the original question?
Old Feb 18th 2009, 2:19 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

everyone is a cabbage
Only half cabbage pet .
Old Feb 18th 2009, 2:20 pm

Only half cabbage pet .
I qualify for a full cabbage and so do several other BE members.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 2:44 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream
We get our soul by inhaling it with our first breath when we are born, surely you knew that. Our soul comes directly from God it a sort of exhalation
errrrrrrrrrr...what's all this about...this 'soul' stuff...you are scaring me
Old Feb 18th 2009, 3:42 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari

Well, if I only had 12 hours I sure as hell wouldn't spend it discussing 'soul'
Jeez everyone knows Otis is the ONLY person with soul.End of.
My 12 hours:

First, I'd rob the Vatican of all the gold and artworks and share it out to the street kids in Brazil; lets say for keeping the faith whilst surviving atop their pile of sh*t
Then I'd lock myself in a room with Robert .D. Junior(in his Larry character)
for 9 hours of sheer unadultered pleasure(sorry Cleri)
Nothing like going out with a bang.

Two hours left to get to my favorite place and watch the Ocean while an anonymous manservant kept my glass full of Krug;kept the music going on the best sound system ever: Killers, Callas,Al Green to name but a few...
Everyone else can bugger off and with about five minutes to go I'd happily walk into the Ocean with a bloody big smile on my face.What'd gone before may have been shitty in parts but the last twelve hours? I'd have the time of my life

Last edited by Eva; Feb 18th 2009 at 3:44 pm.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
Wind up - who knows what happens.

I have no idea what I would do if I only had 12 hours to live, would depend on if it was just me or the entirety of mankind.

As it is, life's so short that we have to live each day to the max as we never get a day, an hour, a minute back to re-live it again.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 6:29 pm
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

First, I'd rob the Vatican of all the gold and artworks and share it out to the street kids in Brazil; lets say for keeping the faith whilst surviving atop their pile of sh*t
I think Italy to Brazil flight times mean you would arrive in Rio quite stiff.....
Old Feb 18th 2009, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Jacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Dean
Do you also need 'continuous reminders' about strapping explosives to yourself and blowing up innocent people? Or does that come naturally? Or isn't that the sort of death you like to be reminded of?
FYI: Killing innocent people is completely forbidden by Islam, as is suicide.

Very disappointing to see something like this posted here. A bit sad too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.