British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   If you could.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/if-you-could-596771/)

BangleMan Mar 11th 2009 3:46 am

If you could....

Ah, just listening to the UK's AbsoluteRadio and they are playing The Story of the Blues, by WAH .......oh, to be back in the 80's again.....happy days, great music, great friends, great times.......****, where did the years go !

If I could go back in time and relive a week of your life again, I would definately go back to those days, and have a great weekend out with the friends / people I knew then and to the places we used to go

If you could, where / when would you go back to, given the opportunity ?

MataHari Mar 11th 2009 4:23 am

Re: If you could....

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7366002)
Ah, just listening to the UK's AbsoluteRadio and they are playing The Story of the Blues, by WAH .......oh, to be back in the 80's again.....happy days, great music, great friends, great times.......****, where did the years go !

If I could go back in time and relive a week of your life again, I would definately go back to those days, and have a great weekend out with the friends / people I knew then and to the places we used to go

it's a sure sign of being old...longing for the past

lionheart Mar 11th 2009 4:30 am

But if you listen to Radio 2 over here, its like being in the 80's all the time. Personally, my favourite musical era was the early-70's when Led Zeppelin, Uriah Heep and Black Sabbath were at their peak. I used to go to rock concerts almost every other week in those days and wore the paraphernalia to go with it.

BangleMan Mar 11th 2009 5:03 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7366071)
it's a sure sign of being old...longing for the past

how did you deal with it ?

MataHari Mar 11th 2009 5:03 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7366130)
how did you deal with it ?

I live in the present...

BangleMan Mar 11th 2009 5:04 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7366086)
But if you listen to Radio 2 over here, its like being in the 80's all the time. Personally, my favourite musical era was the early-70's when Led Zeppelin, Uriah Heep and Black Sabbath were at their peak. I used to go to rock concerts almost every other week in those days and wore the paraphernalia to go with it.

Spugsy and I's claim to fame is that Steve Johnston, the Radio 2 breakfast show dj plays in our 5-a-side team every Wednesday....

BangleMan Mar 11th 2009 5:04 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7366131)
I live in the present...

Ummm....thats suprising considering your dress sense....

MataHari Mar 11th 2009 5:05 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7366134)
Ummm....thats suprising considering your dress sense....

have you gotten out the annoying side of the bed today...

BangleMan Mar 11th 2009 5:06 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7366135)
have you gotten out the annoying side of the bed today...

I didnt want to wake you...

MataHari Mar 11th 2009 5:07 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7366137)
I didnt want to wake you...

lol...

BangleMan Mar 11th 2009 5:12 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7366143)
lol...

thats a first....no reply !

Today is clearly going to be a good day !

MataHari Mar 11th 2009 5:14 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7366152)
thats a first....no reply !

Today is clearly going to be a good day !

enjoy it while it lasts...

Bambi in Abu Dhabi Mar 11th 2009 5:35 am

I absolutely detested the 80s, but would love to go back to the 70s. I love the clothes, the music, the films, everything style-wise about that decade.

Spugsy Mar 11th 2009 5:48 am

When I was 23 mate, out clubbing every weekend, shagging loads of lasses, had my own little flat where all my mates would come back to after pubs and clubs, I was fit and thin,

Keegan was manager of the Toon with Andy Cole and Beardsley playing together and everything seemed new and fun....

oh and I sure had no bloody debts either.

Spugsy Mar 11th 2009 5:49 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7366133)
Spugsy and I's claim to fame is that Steve Johnston, the Radio 2 breakfast show dj plays in our 5-a-side team every Wednesday....

You know I've never even heard him on the radio?? And josh played last week who does a show, not sure which radio, half my mates over here are DJs, Danny C from Radio 1 in teh morning plays with me on a Friday.