British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Iceland Water Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/iceland-water-park-716096/)

Blue Cat May 10th 2011 6:36 am

Re: Iceland Water Park

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 9353142)
yep they weigh you i think cannot be over 80kg and they do it in public and let everyone know.

rang them, there is one ride where there is a weight restriction :sneaky:

busybee2 May 10th 2011 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9353185)
Honest??

Well that's me not going on that one then...

have heard that people who have been and thats what happened.

busybee2 May 10th 2011 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9354175)
rang them, there is one ride where there is a weight restriction :sneaky:

yeh sorry not all the rides just one, but even so would they be able to do that anywhere else in the world, human rights and all. 80kg isnt that heavy so why didnt they put in more steel or whatever lol.

Madam Medusa May 10th 2011 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 9355206)
yeh sorry not all the rides just one, but even so would they be able to do that anywhere else in the world, human rights and all.

yeah of course they would...helicopter rides, parachute jumps...there must be loads of things...

i still don't know anyone who has actually been to this place...go on bluecat, do the decent thing and go and report back...!

MM, xx

Blue Cat May 11th 2011 4:14 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 9355422)
yeah of course they would...helicopter rides, parachute jumps...there must be loads of things...

i still don't know anyone who has actually been to this place...go on bluecat, do the decent thing and go and report back...!

MM, xx

I am going, not this weekend as I have Arte will got the following one :)

busybee2 May 11th 2011 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 9355422)

MM, xx

no i mean 80 isnt really a big number! not that there is a weight restriction

Blue Cat May 31st 2011 5:53 am

All going to plan we are going on Friday, will report back with my findings :)

Blue Cat Jun 3rd 2011 2:23 pm

went today, was brilliant, will do a full write up later :)

lionheart Jun 3rd 2011 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9407785)
went today, was brilliant, will do a full write up later :)

But its 42degC outside. You guys must be crazy.:confused:

Blue Cat Jun 3rd 2011 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 9407836)
But its 42degC outside. You guys must be crazy.:confused:

it's a WATER park, you are half naked and wet! LH lighten up!

lionheart Jun 3rd 2011 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 9407928)
it's a WATER park, you are half naked and wet! LH lighten up!

Seriously BC, please ensure that mitten is checked regularly for skin blemishes. I would not even consider exposing Jaz to the sun between 9am-4pm at this time of year...and she is quite dark skinned.

busybee2 Jun 3rd 2011 5:53 pm

i went to wild wadi on tuesday and the amount of people that obviously did not heed the sun, yes it was cloudy and overcast, but there were loads of people with no tshirts on and by the end of the day were really really red and burnt....! as i have a fish we always have to keep reapplying the sun cream on the face and usually its a little bit red by the end of the day, but the rest of the skin is covered up with shorts and top even on a cloudy day but going to a water park its nice and cool, apart from the burnt feet as a lot of the places there they need to install the misting/water jets etc

mummy2dolly Jun 4th 2011 5:00 am

We were at Aquaventure yesterday and it was too hot. Both girls had UVA sunsuits, Legionnaires hats and factor 50 suncream, and are not in the slightest bit even pink, but a few of the other members of our party had blistered toes from the heat of the floor.

busybee2 Jun 4th 2011 5:41 am

Originally Posted by mummy2dolly (Post 9409267)
We were at Aquaventure yesterday and it was too hot. Both girls had UVA sunsuits, Legionnaires hats and factor 50 suncream, and are not in the slightest bit even pink, but a few of the other members of our party had blistered toes from the heat of the floor.

u do need to wear shoes at aa. when it first opened they didnt spray the floor at all, but i wear water shoes now had flip flops on back then, and it was stupidly hot and burnt your feet if you are walking bare feet, but then you dont want to wear flip flops on the water rides. on 1 of the rides cant remember the name, but you used to queue up actually from the water but when they built it they didnt cater where the people queuing would be waiting and that in turn caused a bottle jam for the other ride next door, and so they changed it so you have to wade through the water and then walk all the way back up and down with no water sprays to go into the ride, stupid really as they obviously didnt think about it this is the one that you now have to ride as a double only because people got hurt riding as a single when it first opened, so presuming the extra weight helps.

Blue Cat Jun 4th 2011 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 9407998)
Seriously BC, please ensure that mitten is checked regularly for skin blemishes. I would not even consider exposing Jaz to the sun between 9am-4pm at this time of year...and she is quite dark skinned.

I am quite capable of looking after her thanks :rolleyes: I feel sorry for Jaz, get her some factor 50, and get out in the pool! our pool here is full of kids every afternoon have a ball of a time