British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   I want a maid (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/i-want-maid-773374/)

scrubbedexpat141 Oct 2nd 2012 10:00 am

I want a maid

Few specific questions that I haven't seen answered before...

- Which companies are good? Molly Maids / Dubai Maids / Howdra etc?
- Can you specify and actually get the same person every time?
- Are companies trustworthy? IE: If I get a maid and am there to give key and explain what I want doing every other week, will I come home in 3 months time to an empty apartment?

Thanks in advance

Scampisadirtymother****er.

britexpat76 Oct 2nd 2012 10:02 am

Re: I want a maid

Can you have one legally as a Bachelor?

I know in AD I couldn't so paid someone else's or bought something home the night before that looked clean and tidy...........

Bahtatboy Oct 2nd 2012 10:04 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10309556)
Can you have one legally as a Bachelor?

I know in AD I couldn't so paid someone else's or bought something home the night before that looked clean and tidy...........

Live in, no; by-the-hour, yes, or so I understand.

Your option is valid.

scrubbedexpat141 Oct 2nd 2012 10:07 am

I'm talking about 4hours every other week.

I'm dirty but I don't need someone to follow me round clearing up my destruction. That's what my Mrs is for.

Ditzy Oct 2nd 2012 12:33 pm

Always go through an agency if you are not sponsoring yourself (using Madam Next Door's maid can set you back 100,000 if caught) - agencies are much of a muchness, yes of course you can request the same person every week and when you've built up some trust leave a key etc. Should cost you 30-35 per hour.

It's unlikely anyone would steal, but wise to be sensible and lock any temptations away. :cool:

scrubbedexpat141 Oct 2nd 2012 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Ditzy (Post 10309773)
Always go through an agency if you are not sponsoring yourself (using Madam Next Door's maid can set you back 100,000 if caught) - agencies are much of a muchness, yes of course you can request the same person every week and when you've built up some trust leave a key etc. Should cost you 30-35 per hour.

It's unlikely anyone would steal, but wise to be sensible and lock any temptations away. :cool:

Hmm. I'm hoping that the first time I can be there to explain what I want, then go out and return at the end.

From then on I'd want it done during the day when I'm at work so we don't have to interact...

Ditzy Oct 2nd 2012 12:38 pm

Yep, all good. Enjoy :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bahtatboy Oct 2nd 2012 12:42 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10309777)
Hmm. I'm hoping that the first time I can be there to explain what I want, then go out and return at the end.

From then on I'd want it done during the day when I'm at work so we don't have to interact...

Really? This is who they sent me last time:

Attachment 108838

Meow Oct 2nd 2012 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10309777)

With a comment like that you'd be right at home on expatwitches...

There was a thread on EW yesterday about allowing maids to use the family washing machine. Some seemed to think her clothes would pollute it.

scrubbedexpat141 Oct 2nd 2012 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10309792)

There was a thread on EW yesterday about allowing maids to use the family washing machine. Some seemed to think her clothes would pollute it.

I just find it awkward. I don't like being being cleaned around or having someone there.

It was no different in the UK. When my old dear's cleaners came, I went out.

I'm always nice to the ladies that come, they know to help themselves to a drink and to call me off the landline rather than their mobiles etc...I just don't like being in when people are cleaning.

Patsy Stoned Oct 2nd 2012 2:22 pm

these are very good White Glove cleaning service 04 4329327

Boomhauer Oct 2nd 2012 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10309792)

Yet the maid touching all the stuff in the house isn't a pollution concern?:confused:

The Dean Oct 2nd 2012 4:58 pm

;)

Autonomy Oct 2nd 2012 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10310108)

Heh - cool - that was the first thing I thought of too. Top song.

TheShed Oct 3rd 2012 3:22 am

Hey Scamp,

In our building (Dubai Marina) they have maids as part of the overall housekeeping team. We have two of them in twice a week (its a big appt and my son is dirtier than you) and they do a great job. I have less security concern as they are employees of the building management company. We pay aed25 per maid per hour.

Check with your building.